Lennon job. Runners and riders

Eddie Howe would absolutely crack under the pressure. A decent coach, but he's too 'nice' to be a manager up here I think. His Bournemouth team went down without a whimper.

Lennon is covient scapegoat for the board for losing 10. He was funded but didn't deliver. No chance he's getting sacked

His record in Scottish football is very good (though small sample) took over a Hibs side with 2 wins in 12 league matches then has proceeded to have a 54% win ratio (better than McLeish has with them). This season their only defeats have been at Parkhead and against Aberdeen, plus they managed to score twice and take a point against us!

He done relatively well at Sunderland considering the basket case nature of the way it was run. Didn't lose too many but draws were his downfall.

I think he's a decent manager and would rather he went down south rather than take over at the mentally challengeds but it isn't a name that we should be fearing.

They were getting unlimited free hits at the CL so could afford to pay Rogers. Now after a few years without CL money and the looming court cases, there's not a chance in hell they could afford anyone similar.
I disagree they are throwing the kitchen sink for there tainted 10, they will spend to get it even if that’s paying for a decent manager.

As much as their pain is delightful, they have realistically lost to two very good sides in us and AC Milan, then drew at Pittodrie. They are missing their one genuine top talent in Edouard and as much as they moan about Forrest he delivers consistent numbers for them.

Ferencvaros was embarrassing but they don't care about Europe, its an out and out obsession over a meaningless 10. No manager with half a brain would want to be the one who was in charge when that doesn't happen.

They are wounded but not dead yet, we can't let up on them. Rugby Park next weekend is enormous for us

He done relatively well at Sunderland considering the basket case nature of the way it was run. Didn't lose too many but draws were his downfall.

I think he's a decent manager and would rather he went down south rather than take over at the mentally challengeds but it isn't a name that we should be fearing.
Yeah difficult to tell how much of Sunderland was just the mess it was in as a club. I agree would rather he didn’t go to them, if he continues to do well and maybe wins a trophy at Hibs he may even be in the reckoning for us in a few years (once Gerrard has led us to a couple of trebles and the Champions league hopefully!).

They are potentially only 3 points behind. It's hardly sacking material. Bringing somebody else in, especially without a knowledge of scottish football is a very risky move.

Eddie Howe prefers the South of England.
Eddie Howe is an ambitious young man.
Eddie Howe ain't going to Septic.

Eddy Howe is a south coast lad who like the people down there, rarely venture north for work.
Matt LeTissier was like that too.
Harry Rednap was the same, not interested in North England never mind Shettlestoun.
Timmy's imagination seem all over the place recently.

re: jack ross

remember what happened with lennon and hibs, they’d want millions to release him after how that charade went down

Here's what's going to happen:
They fall any further behind with little prospect of recovering, the season is being N&V. Dungcaster has already been instructed to get the idea out there. They can then call a hiatus meaning they re-group for next season and the joke 10 is still alive. The Champions route in the CL is still theirs and the Farts & Thistle are shafted again as there is no promotion/ relegation.
No cost to Bheast FC until the new manager comes in during late spring.

How does that sound?

Eddie Howe prefers the South of England.
Eddie Howe is an ambitious young man.
Eddie Howe ain't going to Septic.
I think most managers might look at what Rogers done and if they backed themselves thinks I could do similar, restore a bit of reputation and get another epl job.

But right now if he was to go in, struggle to get a tune out of lennon's side against a proper Rangers team (something Rogers ran away from when faced with), then lose their astrix in a row, then that would follow them around for the rest of their career and they would struggle to come back from it.

I can't see any smart manager touching them with a bargepole at the moment.

They will have a job attracting a quality manager as they are on the slide. No CL money and the child abuse court cases which could be a huge drain on their bank account to come, Lenny will stay for the meantime.
Though we are on top at the moment I do think the Celtic support are needlessly panicking, they are not that far behind us in the league. See what happens over the next quarter of the season.

Aye, agree Clarke’s a really good manager.

Tbh can’t be ars3d with the ‘p1sh stained’ alky patter on here. He knows exactly what he’s doing - he’s no the best speaker but plenty of people that talk sh1te well and are clueless.
Don’t think he’s a bitter guy, he might bite back now and again but so would I if I was constantly called a jakey.
He’s a pish stained, incoherent, alky!

I think they may try to copy us in going for a manager that's fairly young and was a well respected player. I wouldn't be surprised if they try for Joey Barton(1 out of 2 ain't bad)

Shows you how far we have come under StevieG in what’s in reality a short time.

We were the laughing stock of the league, going through managers like sweeties.

We were getting pumped by them regularly and were the butt of their jokes.

We had players who shouldn’t have got into Ibrox without a ticket.

Well they ain’t laughing now, they are shitting themselves.

There’s a saying that “ he who laughs last laughs longest “ and we will be laughing at them soon.
I’m already laughing at them.

Would we sack Gerrard if we were level on points with the tims (albeit the tims having a game in hand)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were 3pts behind the tims (with both having played the same number of games)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were in the same position as the tims.... 6pts behind with a game in hand?

All the above scenarios are extremely similar from a footballing perspective.
We wouldn’t sack Gerrard if the roles were reversed. Nor should we.

If Lennon gets sacked, it won’t be purely based on football results imo. The results and their position in the league isn’t great but it’s far from a disaster.

I think most managers might look at what Rogers done and if they backed themselves thinks I could do similar, restore a bit of reputation and get another epl job.

But right now if he was to go in, struggle to get a tune out of lennon's side against a proper Rangers team (something Rogers ran away from when faced with), then lose their astrix in a row, then that would follow them around for the rest of their career and they would struggle to come back from it.

I can't see any smart manager touching them with a bargepole at the moment.
Plus the stench over a huge paedophilia cover up

Speaking to a few of them at work and there all saying lennon in for meeting today. Hoping he gets sacked n replaced by Eddie Howe . Haha panic stations now .Turning on the board,manager and players haha
Decent manager tbf

Would we sack Gerrard if we were level on points with the tims (albeit the tims having a game in hand)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were 3pts behind the tims (with both having played the same number of games)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were in the same position as the tims.... 6pts behind with a game in hand?

All the above scenarios are extremely similar from a footballing perspective.
We wouldn’t sack Gerrard if the roles were reversed. Nor should we.

If Lennon gets sacked, it won’t be purely based on football results imo. The results and their position in the league isn’t great but it’s far from a disaster.
They don’t just play in the league though.

He’s failed to qualify for the CL from the piss easy Champions path for two years straight despite being backed to the tune of £20m plus

I like Howe as a manger.
The stuff about him being homesick in Burnley isn’t fair. His mother became seriously ill and died shortly afterwards whilst he was there. Don’t think you can blame him for wanting to move back nearer his family after that.

That said, whilst I think he’d be a good appointment for any lower-EPL team, you need something a bit different to succeed at either Rangers or Celtic. You need to have a ruthless, driven, even nasty edge to you that I’m not convinced he has.

Speaking to a few of them at work and there all saying lennon in for meeting today. Hoping he gets sacked n replaced by Eddie Howe . Haha panic stations now .Turning on the board,manager and players haha
In my experience, what you want and what you get tends to be 2 different things.. haha #lennymuststay

They don’t just play in the league though.

He’s failed to qualify for the CL from the piss easy Champions path for two years straight despite being backed to the tune of £20m plus

Not qualifying for the CL is nothing new. The didn’t qualify the year before he became their manager either.

Besides, your post would suggest he’ll be sacked purely for not qualifying for the champions league then which is equally unlikely, as they’ve scooped up every domestic honour up for grabs.

As I said, if he gets the sack - it won’t be purely based on football results (regardless whether it’s recent domestic results or recent/historic CL qualifying results).

Not qualifying for the CL is nothing new. The didn’t qualify the year before he became their manager either.

Besides, your post would suggest he’ll be sacked purely for not qualifying for the champions league then which is equally unlikely, as they’ve scooped up every domestic honour up for grabs.

As I said, if he gets the sack - it won’t be purely based on football results (regardless whether it’s recent domestic results or recent/historic CL qualifying results).
If they get beat on Thursday and lose rye cup semi there isn’t a chance he’ll still be in a job

Jack Ross or the Alky in charge of Scotland no doubt

Jack Ross is a rabid Tim to the point that he banned blue folders from the training ground at Sunderland. His assistant John Potter has lost the heed at some stage in just about every game we've played against Hibs since Ross was appointed there.

Id rather they appointed Howe.

Lennon has double (treble?) our budget - the expectations, rightly are different.

Jack Ross is a rabid Tim to the point that he banned blue folders from the training ground at Sunderland. His assistant John Potter has lost the heed at some stage in just about every game we've played against Hibs since Ross was appointed there.

Id rather they appointed Howe.

That's surprising - he carries himself pretty well in the media.

Back