Lennon job. Runners and riders

If they get beat on Thursday and lose rye cup semi there isn’t a chance he’ll still be in a job

I’m not so sure on those results alone! Everything they care about is on the league. They’d sacrifice everything for the league this year.

Only more dropped points in the league will see him going imo. Coincidentally, the event of us dropping points in the league would also buy him time.

I don’t frequent with many tims but the few I do speak to - none of them are calling for him to be sacked.
They actually want him to play the fringe players in the europa league and deep down they know the Scottish cup is a farce and more of a distraction than anything else.
The league is their holy grail.

No chance they’ll sack Lennon unless he loses another 2 or 3 games in quick succession
No chance unless they feel he really has crossed a line. Such are the fine margins in Scotland that us playing well and them playing garbage is technically only resulted in a 1 game turnaround and a game in hand. If we are 9 points clear after the weekend and they drawn or lose the first game in hand then they will panic. For now it's a mini crisis.

It's likely the same type of hyperbole shite you readon here after a defeat/run of less than great results. In effect, not much to take notice of.

So we shouldn’t expect to win the league or any cups then?

You and I both know that’s ridiculous.

I didn't say that. I said Lennon's expectations are different from Gerrard's.

That's before you even consider our clear on going improvement and their (current) stagnation.

I didn't say that. I said Lennon's expectations are different from Gerrard's.

That's before you even consider our clear on going improvement and their (current) stagnation.

Not sure if I’m missing the point your trying to make, in this instance, by referring to the wage bill.

Yes, their wage bill dwarfs ours but both Gerrard and Lennon have the same expectations...... win the league!

I’m certainly not going to continually accept second best just because their wage bill is double or treble ours as if that’s some sort of excuse.

If Gerrard were to get the sack it would 100% be due to results.

If Lennon gets the sack in the near future, without a doubt it will be partially due to results but there will be so much more to it than just that.

Poor results won’t be the sole reason that Lennon gets the sack. It’ll also be all the baggage that he brings with him. That’s the point I’m trying to make.

Remember when they were linked with Brendan Rodgers and FF said not a chance. Then when he signed, many labelled him a dud manager.

Eddie Howe done a fantastic job at Bournemouth. He's a good manger.

I'd rather they stuck with Neil Lennon. Tbh, they aren't sacking him any time soon based on results - unless we see an almighty collapse from them, which would be great for us.

Howe will probably have his eye on an English Premiership job and it won't be long before one comes up.

Remember when they were linked with Brendan Rodgers and FF said not a chance. Then when he signed, many labelled him a dud manager.

I'd rather they stuck with Neil Lennon. Tbh, they aren't sacking him any time soon based on results - unless we see an almighty collapse from them, which would be great for us.

Howe will probably have his eye on an English Premiership job and it won't be long before one comes up.
Hopefully Newcastle, after they fuucked my coupon.

Any manager worth his salt wont touch them.

whos going to come in and have the chance to go down in history as the man who lost 10n a row?

no money to spend and a squad full of guys wanting out?

if TLB goes it will be Kennedy or a scottish tim that will take over, coyle etc etc

Lennon isn't getting sacked anytime soon - the ones who are shouting for it don't speak for their entire fan base - they are just the noisy ones.

Decent choice but I think he’s more suited to a long term project rather than turning a team around around quickly.

I’m surprised they aren’t talking about big Sam

I'm surprised at how quickly they've turned on Lennon.

Im not really. They can see there are bigger issues beyond the last week’s results. Lennon was never the right call to replace Rodgers. They knew it then and know it now.

O'Neil is obviously one of the first names that come to mind as replacement for TLB. But when you look at O'Neil's job history, he tends to opt for teams that are on the up, that have demonstrated potential to kick on to the next level. The current yahoo team is probably the worst in a decade, O'Neil would be looking at a major rebuild, and this time around there is no Henrik Larsson to rely on.
Him and Keane were horrific at forest, I hope he comes back, he’s definitely lost it, absolutely dinosaur.

They don’t just play in the league though.

He’s failed to qualify for the CL from the piss easy Champions path for two years straight despite being backed to the tune of £20m plus
This is an area where Lennon gets an easy ride. They have missed out on the Best part of 60 million quid due to ineptitude. If you're the money man at the Piggery, you're asking yourself how a team with half the wage bill and a 5 year start are competing in the league whilst you cannot beat ferencvaros at home.

Speaking to a few of them at work and there all saying lennon in for meeting today. Hoping he gets sacked n replaced by Eddie Howe . Haha panic stations now .Turning on the board,manager and players haha
QhKwB2J.gif

Would we sack Gerrard if we were level on points with the tims (albeit the tims having a game in hand)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were 3pts behind the tims (with both having played the same number of games)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were in the same position as the tims.... 6pts behind with a game in hand?

All the above scenarios are extremely similar from a footballing perspective.
We wouldn’t sack Gerrard if the roles were reversed. Nor should we.

If Lennon gets sacked, it won’t be purely based on football results imo. The results and their position in the league isn’t great but it’s far from a disaster.
Difference is that since Gerrard came in, every aspect of the club has been on an upwards trajectory and still is. Maybe not quite as quick as we would have liked domestically but still postive direction.

Everything about them is in decline since Brenda left.

*did

Unfortunately both of those managers would probably be quite good for them in the league. We struggled against Ross’s Hibs and Clarke’s Kilmarnock, wouldn’t necessarily be attractive football but prob quite effective.,

Clarke wouldn't want to be branded a 19th Century Terrorist now would he, after all his family are shielded from all that malarkey safely ensconced in England.

No way are they sacking Lennon. They are hardly out of the league at this stage and Lawwell is not going to sanction payoffs and fees to bring in someone new.

No way are they sacking Lennon. They are hardly out of the league at this stage and Lawwell is not going to sanction payoffs and fees to bring in someone new.
Cellik lose the league to us on the fat Japanese 'watch' - you are deluded mate. He's a shrewd operator, as we all know.
He will burn TLB as soon as he knows it's "game over man" - bringing in a "name" to appease the hordes.

Eddie Howe got homesick at Burnley and is about as insipid as they come. At least Rodgers had a bit of gravitas about him, albeit entirely of his own making.

No coach worth his salt is going to want to takeover that squad midway through such a crucial season. Especially without being given free reign to completely overhaul the mess Lennon and Lawwell have made of the past 2 transfer windows.

Where do they get this delusion from? Do they sell it by the gram down the Gallowgate? It's utter madness.

Speaking to a few of them at work and there all saying lennon in for meeting today. Hoping he gets sacked n replaced by Eddie Howe . Haha panic stations now .Turning on the board,manager and players haha
He got homesick managing Burnley so I cant see him taking on Covid FC.
The Pompey job maybe coming up soon.I would have thought that may appeal to EH.Not far from His home and a sleeping Giant(ish) club .He achieved well over the odds at Bournemouth even if He did have a few quid to play with in the latter years

Cellik lose the league to us on the fat Japanese 'watch' - you are deluded mate. He's a shrewd operator, as we all know.
He will burn TLB as soon as he knows it's "game over man" - bringing in a "name" to appease the hordes.
I am obviously talking about right now. We win the league, Lawwell wont be there, never mind Lennon.

They are stuck with Lennon because no decent candidate touches the job this season with a barge poll. Anyone with any sense won't want remembered as the chump that failed to win the "10".
What is this ten people keep talking about?
FM, the so called first four, was a one horse race! They are not seriously thinking, if they did win it this year, that they could really call it ten, but I suppose the book might say so. Any football supporter would know different

He got homesick managing Burnley so I cant see him taking on Covid FC.
The Pompey job maybe coming up soon.I would have thought that may appeal to EH.Not far from His home and a sleeping Giant(ish) club .He achieved well over the odds at Bournemouth even if He did have a few quid to play with in the latter years

eddie howe aint taking the portsmouth job mate come on.

Larsson is getting paid handsomely to lose at Barcelona, Moyes is a Premier League manager and they can't afford the compensation, Coyle is a fud who has been in India since bombing out at Ross County, McNamara would be flipping the players for money in the pocket before the week is out, Alky Mackay is both shit and a racist so the transition from Lennon to him would be seamless and pointless, Lambert is useless and everyone knows he would prefer to work for us, Clarke wont take it until after the playoff, Rosler is about to be fired from Dusseldorf and couldn't win a thing with the highest budget in Sweden, Di Canio is a fascist and out of management for 7 years, Mjallby is getting tanned every week in the Sweden's regional divisions, Hughton just took the gig at a bigger club than them.

Killers row right there.

Back