Lennon not happy about Gerrard's comments about being top of the league

NEIL LENNON has hit back at Steven Gerrard after the Rangers gaffer said his side deserved to be top of the Scottish Premiership.

The Celtic boss took issue with his Old Firm rival’s remarks in the build-up to his team’s home game against Ross County today

The Light Blues are two points clear of the reigning champions following the Hoops’ defeat to Livingston and their thrashing of Hamilton before the international break.

Asked about Gerrard’s comments by a BBC Sportsound reporter, Lennon said: “I don’t know where that comes from.

“Yeah I’d quibble with that. We’ve had five away games and three at home.

“I’m always going to quibble with a comment like that.”

Gerrard and Gers striker Alfredo Morelos were yesterday named manager and player of the month for September.

The Liverpool legend said: “We are under no illusions how tough it will be to stay there.

“We have to embrace the pressure and aim to stay there, but it’s always nice to sit top.

“We certainly deserve to be there.”
Rattled.

they expected to romp it after beating us

Lennon would argue with his own shadow... the depths of Scottish football coverage continue to plummet.

Consistently stupid questions and in this case a manager who stupidly responds and gives the questions credence.

I'm sure Gerrard is worries about what that tramp says.

Gerrard is just a class act. A Global icon who always looks pristine and who carries himself well and is respected and adored the world over.

Lennon is an absolute tramp who has abysmal oral health and is nothing more than a ned. And those wee done in football boots he wears standing on the touchline are a fuckin embarrassment.

The panty wetting on here never ceases to amaze me .
What does anyone expect him to say. “ Aye Stevies quite right”
Calm the fek doon and focus on real issues.

He is a bigoted ugly wee clown. What he said didn't surprise me. No class whatsoever. We are talking football which makes his pathetic comments very much a real issue.

NEIL LENNON has hit back at Steven Gerrard after the Rangers gaffer said his side deserved to be top of the Scottish Premiership.

The Celtic boss took issue with his Old Firm rival’s remarks in the build-up to his team’s home game against Ross County today

The Light Blues are two points clear of the reigning champions following the Hoops’ defeat to Livingston and their thrashing of Hamilton before the international break.

Asked about Gerrard’s comments by a BBC Sportsound reporter, Lennon said: “I don’t know where that comes from.

“Yeah I’d quibble with that. We’ve had five away games and three at home.

“I’m always going to quibble with a comment like that.”

Gerrard and Gers striker Alfredo Morelos were yesterday named manager and player of the month for September.

The Liverpool legend said: “We are under no illusions how tough it will be to stay there.

“We have to embrace the pressure and aim to stay there, but it’s always nice to sit top.

“We certainly deserve to be there.”
QmV6FIJ.gif

Excellent news.

Even better is him clearly not realising we are a side and dressing room motivated by this sort of stuff.

A smarter manager would be shelving his own irritation and ramping up the pressure.

An nothing story. The manager of our rivals would “quibble” with the assertion we deserve to be top of the league by a small margin. No sh*t! :rolleyes:

Thanks ya tramp

Gerrard will use this as motivation for the squad

go out and show you deserve to be top play with confidence style and go enjoy the game lads and stick right up Lennon

in public say we don’t comment on other teams

Put aside the fact that I hate him beyond belief; I am genuinely struggling to see what he is upset with. He is a strange little fellow

They were shit, we were simply even more shit.

We were utterly dreadful that day, BUT... were it not for one missplaced pass and then us chasing the game, gambling our formation and throwing everything at clawing one back it was without a doubt finishing a drab 0-0. They were equally shite with one less mistake swinging it in their favour.

Last edited:
Back