Mad Dog offered Celtic job for season ending 2020

Current mood

AI8d.gif

Apart from the fact that Lennon's appointment is good news for us, the best aspect for me is that Lawwell is openly goading the soap dodging hordes.

Their own chief exec wouldn't even allow the unwashed a night of celebration before low balling them with 'Lenny'. Quite the arse covering, PR stunt.

Mugs!

The best manager they could have got was pep gurdiola, he will have them playing the peado way, celtic are a peado club ,aren’t they

Let’s be clear this is the best appointment - from a football point of view - we could’ve had.

He has a rebuilding job & they’re downsizing due to impending abuse claims and / or their wage bill.

We will have to contend with a lot of shit off field though. Especially as their own practices over the past 50 years come under scrutiny and they try to deflect

Good news is they’re going for the budget option after a lot of guff about Rafa etc - probably confirms their resources will be stretched for other reasons

Bad news is the Lennon factor and all his BS

Posted this about 50 times on here. Did anyone think he engineered his exit from a perfectly good job at hibs to take an interim job at rhat hq? He was always getting that job bar a massive collapse
possibly,or maybe just the fact that he is an utter c@nt everywhere he goes and was called out on it by a streetwise glaswegian prod and he couldn't take it, the fact that he left them in 8th place at the time would suggest the mentally challenged board didnt hire him on the basis of him doing a fantastic job in edinburgh

just wondering this myself, him being offered the job isnt the same as him accepting the job
Probably keeping the official Lennon as manager announcement up their sleeve in case they have any other bad news or paedo related statement they are forced to release i.e finally release a statement expressing their regret for near on 50 years of child abuse but follow it up with a Lennon as manager press conference 2 hours later (probably do it on the same day the new PM is announced)

Remember the only time he won the league was when the shit happened with Whyte and the club fell apart. We were doing well til Christmas then I think Lafferty got injured and we punted Jelavic. Remember how tonto he used to go when he wasn't getting his own way? Just wait to see him this season, it's actually a form of abuse them giving him the job, no like them.

Let the good times roll.

Anyone else still not daring to actually let themself believe this?

Surely it's a wind up?

Deal was signed at the start of the month

No other managers sought after or spoken

He was their first and only choice

As mental as that all is.

But b
So supposedly they're appointing a DOF, weren't we ridiculed from piller to post at the very thought of the need for such a post in modern thinking Scotland!?

We were ridiculed for pointing out plastic pitches as a problem... then St. Brenda was praised for similar comments. The media narrative needs broken next season

possibly,or maybe just the fact that he is an utter c@nt everywhere he goes and was called out on it by a streetwise glaswegian prod and he couldn't take it, the fact that he left them in 8th place at the time would suggest the mentally challenged board didnt hire him on the basis of him doing a fantastic job in edinburgh
So despite the fact he and a streetwise Glaswegian prod worked fine together for a couple of years he kicks off so badly that he needs to leave off a month before the Celtic job comes up? That’s just coincidental is it

Let’s be clear this is the best appointment - from a football point of view - we could’ve had.

He has a rebuilding job & they’re downsizing due to impending abuse claims and / or their wage bill.

We will have to contend with a lot of shit off field though. Especially as their own practices over the past 50 years come under scrutiny and they try to deflect

This hits the nail on the head.

Told my cousin I was happy they kept Lennon and he said this:

Best choice by far...
Jose Mourinho fucked it at Man United - and they're still recovering from his fucked up tenure - David Moyes also fucked it at Man United, Andres Villas Boas is seemingly going to Marseille and Rafa Benitez is doing shit at Newcastle United so naw yer awryt

Anyone who thought rafa benitez or jose would be interested in standing down at the touchline in the pissing rain away to ross county etc is off their nut.

He will knock it back, come across as the good guy, they will then bring moyes in.

I'm starting to think something like this might happen. Was interesting that on the news there they made the point he hasn't accepted it yet.

My next comment is in NO WAY defending Neil Lennon.

However, he made a comment on the news there about being more robust or stronger (or something like that), when he took it on first time round... I wonder if deep down, regardless of the role played by his own cuntishness in incidents, he might not fancy another two or three years of the hassle of being their manager. Especially if there's another job on the go down south which will pay more and demand less.

How many times do folk need told that he has accepted it? He isn't knocking it back
I know its infuriating, its been posted loads of times that he has accepted it and even a video showing him saying it but folk still saying he will knock it back.

Well I’m pleased I suppose. I’d really rather he wasn’t even on these shores but I’d also prefer someone of his ability in the job rather than someone talented.
Wonder if the tim rage is due to a belated realisation that the obvious downsizing is a result of the need to hoard cash to deal with what is coming down the tracks towards them.
Any decent manager would have demanded a substantial transfer budget to rebuild that team.
Lennon is a total rocket and they know it.

I think deep down the realisation will have dawned for many of them . What other explanation for going for the worst possible candidate .

BBC Scotland reporting that, "There's a good chance Lennon will accept the offer."

Something a bit odd about all this.

I’m still waiting on the “I appreciate the offer but it’s not for me “ and then Moyes is announced .

It wouldn’t surprise anyone as they don’t operate like a normal club .

Back