Lennon on Duffy

Watching his press conference today, and listening to the radio coverage.

We are one more poor performance away from Lennon inferring the criticism of Duffy is about his nationality or religion. He got very very close to snidely suggesting it was being driven for non football reasons today.

It is an old Lennon tactic, he knows there is a willing gallery to preach to, and it it reflects from him as per usual.
Unfortunately for TLB it is his own kind who are criticising Duffy. How can he urn that round to us being bigotted?

Let him go there. Anyone remotely neutral will see right though it, some of the sharper lot in their support will see through it and the bangers that buy it will continue to demand his inclusion.
Noticed on KDS that a couple of them have referenced the 'poor downtrodden Neil' crap but quickly shot down.
Seems although that ship of shite has sailed away at last.

But I think the OP is correct about them going nuclear with the sectarian card, they are now feeling pressure for the first time in a decade they will throw everything at it.
Light a candle for Duffy.
I will to hope they keep playing him each week.
Had we not been in the midst of this pandemic, they'd be the first team to walk off off the pitch claiming sectarian and or racial abuse.

We are one more poor performance away from Lennon inferring the criticism of Duffy is about his nationality or religion. He got very very close to snidely suggesting it was being driven for non football reasons today.

It is an old Lennon tactic, he knows there is a willing gallery to preach to, and it it reflects from him as per usual.
Wonderful.
Long may this continue, and Lennon continue to play Duffy and this system that obviously isn’t working.He is in complete denial, and long may it continue.
It’s his own supporters he needs to convince this is a blip, and they are far from convinced.Hopefully by the time they realizes their season is a dud, as well as their new center back, we will be well over the horizon coasting towards 55.

Don’t think even the mhanky mob would fall for that this time. They’re cracking up about how many goals he’s cost them.

Think the scumbag deserves more sympathy from his critics. I am led to believe he is still suffering a long term concussion from the coin which hit his boofely jacket.

It’s just that lot slating him. I personally think he’s a terrific defender who shouldn’t be dropped

The criticism is coming from Celtic fans and ex-Celtic players. Added to that the media are having a go. Rangers fans are having a giggle at him and nothing more.

Would need to go some to turn that into anti-Irish anything. However, I am sure he'll give it a go.

However, with it being Lennon. He's more likely to just chuck Duffy under the bus when he gets a chance.
Peter Martin is ex cel*ic tv anchor and and prominent presenter and describes Duffy as a "bombscare " every night on plz soccer,none of his guests disagree. No agenda, just an honest assessment after watching countless errors from a very average footballer.

Peter Martin is ex cel*ic tv anchor and and prominent presenter and describes Duffy as a "bombscare " every night on plz soccer,none of his guests disagree. No agenda, just an honest assessment after watching countless errors from a very average footballer.
I think it's very clear to see he's not very good and it's just simple fact the comments being made about that. It's just the Celtic way to try and deflect blame or try and make someone else look like they're in the wrong.

It's absolutely correct. There is nothing anti-Irish or bigoted or anything else in pointing out the fact a player is shite. :))

Good. The longer his crumbling empire remains deluded the better

He's not taking this very well.
He should know ( 100% he does ) that being a manager of either club you are under the microscope all the time.
Every defeat and draw brings criticism, every mistake is spotlighted.
Lennon trying to deflect it all recently due to his shortcomings and the new crop of players he signed not meeting the levels he thought.
SG on the other hand has a class about him following in many previous managers footsteps, cant help but admire that alone.
Lennon should be naming his critics publicly if he is going to make statements like that... i'm meaning in particular the ex players... but he wont... he signs it off to the " media".
No class there at all.

They signed him because of his nationality and religion. Fitting the stereo type his is a bomb scare in defence!

I think that the Duffer is a great player and should be given a lifetime contract at the Dome of Eternal Shame. I'm not sure where ol' Blacktooth Lennon thinks the criticism of this haddy is coming from, it certainly isn't from Bears!

Back