Lennon refuses to quit on celtic and has full backing of the board

Rodgers showed he was a good coach the last thing I want is someone as capable at that lot.
They ain't getting another Rodgers.

The money involved in someone of his ilk isn't being paid.

Ffs they told Lennon he needed to keep the backroom staff already in place when they brought him back.

Plus the transfer kitty would need to be there.

Their hands are tied every way they look.

Full backing of the board is basically Death Row

If he can just hold on til about March when we're about 20 points clear.....

They have looked at their pre Xmas fixtures and know that Santa himself could win them all. It’s so so important that we win every game until the new year game
This.

Never mind them we can put huge pressure on them by making sure we go into that game at Ibrox 14 clear of them with a chance to go 17. Albeit they would have 3 in hand but would rather have the points on the board.

The ONLY good result for them (from our perspective) in ANY match is a defeat. Wanting them to win any match just to keep TLB in a job is daft. We all know he isn’t a good manager but he can be effective as we saw last season. If they start to steady the ship they could yet go on a decent run (domestically) and maybe even close the gap a little.

We need them to drop points in every league game. We need them to lose, or at worst draw, every non-league game. If that gets TLB out the door sooner rather than later then so be it, at least it would mean we’re so far in front it will have sparked panic at the knew camp.

Getting a competent manager in will be difficult for them. They’ve made such a big deal over their tainted ten season that being the manager who would have to claw back a big lead to deliver it would be a very unattractive proposition. They would also have to offer any decent candidate a big budget for January to enable him to get some of his own players in, and we all know that you get poor VFM in the January window.

Forget the appointment of the tranny-shagger, they won’t get anyone else anywhere near his level in future. They had a chance 18 months ago but stuck with TLB - does anyone seriously believe they would have given him the job permanently if they could have got someone (anyone) else who was semi-competent?

Like everyone else I’d love to see TLB having to congratulate us in March when we seal the title (!) but I’d sacrifice that pleasure with him leaving mid-season if it gave us a better chance of winning it.

Best post on this thread

Ffs they told Lennon he needed to keep the backroom staff already in place when they brought him back.

They won't get another Brendan Rodgers but it won't be difficult to find a better coach and manager than Neil Lennon that's for sure. They would need to make an arse of it to bring in someone worse than him.

Meanwhile, over in a cold and dark place the fear is beginning to set in....

" Anyone who is considering watching this Celtic team with Lennon in charge on January 2nd needs their head examined. What an absolute horror show that could be."

tenor.gif

Last edited:
They will have to dig out the biscuit tin if they want Lennon to go. No manager walks away without the customary pay off.

I really can’t believe this thread!
Why the hell would any bear want them to win any game? I want them to lose a preseason friendly ffs.
If he’s sacked it’s because there’s no way back, he doesn’t even remotely look like being sacked just now.
They are under a little bit of pressure for the first time in about 9 years, most of their younger fans won’t have experienced this and are absolutely shitting themselves.
5 points is nothing in Scotland, it’s a couple of bad results.
Let’s just keep our eye on us, if he’s sacked it will be be because the league is gone.
I said on a thread months ago, no winter break will help us this season and regardless of the outcome of this season he will be gone.
I stand by both statements today.

More comedy gold from Timmy.....

" Waking up to this pish. Absolutely scunnered. He is so far out his depth it's frightening. Hope we get horsed on Thursday."

:)) :)) :))

They have got a fairly routine next few games which they should win, which will give the appearance of steadying the ship. Drop anything in those games he’s out. Although right now, I can’t see him being emptied before the cup final.
They've also got to fit them around 3 European games which will probably end poorly so that should stop them building up any sort of head of steam even if they win all the league games, and that'll keep the pressure on.

I cannot stand him. He has caused so much trouble and got away with so much its disgusting. However, do I want him sacked immediately - no. Why - I hope he is in charge for a while yet in order to cause turmoil in that club. I want them to drip points away. I want an unhappy squad. I want unhappy fans. I want that board to lose money and lose the confidence of fans. I want them to suffer. I want them to shrivel in their own mess. All due to that pile of excrement.

A vote of confidence from the board usually means that a new manager is in the press room waiting to be announced after the next game!

Looking at it objectively domestically they've lost to us, and drew with Kilmarnock, Aberdeen & Hibs. Better managers than him have done similar. They could have dropped more but haven't.

From this point in the season the range of possible outcomes includes them winning the league. It's not the most likely outcome but it's possible.

Lennon staying reduces that likelihood further.

Their confidence is already shattered ffs. Because of Lennon. Removing him increases the chances of confidence going instantly through the roof. What are you not getting
Removing the biggest cancer in Scottish football since Maley is what I'm getting.

If their confidence is already busted as you say, damage like that is not an easy fix. In fact could be irreparable with this squad.

I believe we can still win the title irrespective of them bringing in a messiah.

Removing the biggest cancer in Scottish football since Maley is what I'm getting.

If their confidence is already busted as you say, damage like that is not an easy fix. In fact could be irreparable with this squad.

I believe we can still win the title irrespective of them bringing in a messiah.
You are so fecking deluded. Confidence can be fixed over night. Theres 5 points in it. If they bring in a new manager and beat us on the 2nd of January it's a 2 point gap. Get a grip of yourself

One of two things would make his departure a certainty.

Losing at home to one of the SPL smaller teams, or taking a hammering from us.

Or hopefully, both.

I cannot stand him. He has caused so much trouble and got away with so much its disgusting. However, do I want him sacked immediately - no. Why - I hope he is in charge for a while yet in order to cause turmoil in that club. I want them to drip points away. I want an unhappy squad. I want unhappy fans. I want that board to lose money and lose the confidence of fans. I want them to suffer. I want them to shrivel in their own mess. All due to that pile of excrement.
Bang on, buddy.

Well somebody us telling fibs. !

Phil Mac gobbles says septic have approached at least 3 managers. It's from an impeccable source!

Don't know if it's the same one who told him rangers were delaying their accounts till march and could legally do it ....guess what we published them next day !

No half decent manager would take a 6 month temp job then get sacked and all the blame at your footsteps when we win 55, they have no choice but to stick with him really.

Shows the pressure they/he’s under. If you take the club and character out of the equation, who in their right mind would sack a manager who is potentially only 5 points behind in a title race less than halfway through the season with 3 OF games still to be played ?
Not sure what’s best for us. If they bin him there’ll be an upturn in their fortunes and a new coach will get money in January. If they keep him he might get them back on track. They do have a more than decent team capable of going on a winning run.
I reckon it’s not just the results, it’s the tactical decisions he’s made, record in Europe, quality of signings etc.

Then look at how they’ve played in most old firm games. The ones he’s won, 1 we had ten men and almost got a draw, 1 they scraped it through and the other we got our tactics wrong that day, which we’ve learned from.

Looking at that evidence the likelihood that doing nothing and keeping things the same will result in a change of fortune is pretty low

You are so fecking deluded. Confidence can be fixed over night. Theres 5 points in it. If they bring in a new manager and beat us on the 2nd of January it's a 2 point gap. Get a grip of yourself
Aye, I'm deluded. Most on here think the league is over. You just assumed both teams would win all their league matches from now till we meet again. And you have already given them full points from matches in hand. Stop being deluded and giving them points.

I can see all the arguments with wanting TLB to stay as he has lost it and it would be good for us as he is not getting the best out of their sqaud.
But I really just want him gone asap, he is a horrible bastard.

I can see all the arguments with wanting TLB to stay as he has lost it and it would be good for us as he is not getting the best out of their sqaud.
But I really just want him gone asap, he is a horrible bastard.
Especially being punted by his own.

They can't say we are all Neil Lennon anymore.

He's definitely half way out the door. Any dropped points, defeats or even poor performances will see him gone before their AGM (mid December?)

Theoretically there are still in it and do need to get some semblance of form going. Win their remaining 3 games and they qualify.

It's never going to happen but I'd love them to beat Sparta and AC Milan. Get all hyped up about being back and qualifying, then get absolutely scudded by Lille and brought back down to earth. It would set them up just nicely for dropping points at home to Killie.
Are you insane?

Edit: Just re-read this, thought someone might be suggesting Rodgers would go back.

A top coach under normal circumstances would get time to mould his team. Coming to Celtic when you’re chasing the league in the most important season for decades from the get go means that anything other than just about winning every game you play will be seen as a failure.

No one looking to boost their managerial cv would want that challenge. The best they can hope for us an ex player or manager looking to come in and be the hero to save them but not really expected to do so. Think Lennon after Mowbray

Last edited:
Aye, I'm deluded. Most on here think the league is over. You just assumed both teams would win all their league matches from now till we meet again. And you have already given them full points from matches in hand. Stop being deluded and giving them points.
Well they are just as stupid as you are. Do you think SG and the players think it's a done deal?

4 out of 5 of their next league games are at home i think its fair to say they are winning all of them

Back