Lennon refuses to quit on celtic and has full backing of the board

From their point of view the are more reasons to keep him than get rid of him. Europe has been terrible for them and there is three more bad results coming. No point in having him until that is out the way. He's potentially only 5 points behind in the league with a easy run coming up. Our post Christmas form has been poor the last 2 seasons. They might take the chance we'll do the same again. No manager wants to come in and lose the ten in a row in his first 6 months. He won't last long after that. I think Lennon will last until February. After that it's all about whether the board put him out his misery or make him see out the season.

I’m not sure there’s enough in the biscuit tin to cover his payoff even for a cash rich club like them. And no decent manager is going to want the f&ckin lumps of wood he’s just paid a fortune for. All in all this is good :))

tenor.gif

I’d be surprised if he survives if they drop anymore points in the league before January.

Even a few European embarrassments will likely see him gone
He is already done, it's just a matter of when now. Thing is though they have maybe missed their window of opportunity. Anyone coming in now would surely know the hostility they will get from their moon howlers when they don't get their 'ten', see that we are the superior side all over the park, know that European football is gone for the season and be inheriting a squad in need of full overhaul with no time or money to do it.

Any half decent manager will also be fully aware they can earn triple at an English PL or Championship club; and if there is no current vacancy down there then they only need to wait a few weeks before one comes available.

To be fair the backing of the board means nothing, the dreaded vote of confidence.

Still, they need to keep him :D

In other words they don't have the money to sack him and then pay for a decent replacement. Be interesting to see how the yahoo players react on Thursday.

If they get dismantled for a 2nd time by Sparta that's a definite sign the players have chucked it and want Lennon out.

Shows the pressure they/he’s under. If you take the club and character out of the equation, who in their right mind would sack a manager who is potentially only 5 points behind in a title race less than halfway through the season with 3 OF games still to be played ?
Not sure what’s best for us. If they bin him there’ll be an upturn in their fortunes and a new coach will get money in January. If they keep him he might get them back on track. They do have a more than decent team capable of going on a winning run.

Or a new manager bounce. Their team isnt a bad team, on their day they can beat every team in the league 4-0. I dont a new manager near them for as long as possible.
Realistically they have been dreadful all season but we are the only team to have beaten them domestically - it's small margins and the first thing any new manager will do is fix their defence.

We have been in fantastic form all season but there is still also a risk of dropping points like we showed at Livingstone and Easter Road. Came very close to dropping points at Rugby Park as well.

PaleRider88, Tubbytubthumper like this post
Bryan67

43 min. ago#26070
He’ll be up there with Mowbray, Barnes, Macari now.

Finished as a Celtic man.

Tbh, it’s laughable.

28 min. ago#26103
If the laughter from the hun nazi party hurt his feelings in what turned out to be a meaningless penatly shoot out, wait until 2nd of january there will be tears of laughter watching him drinking out the porcelain piss pot after they pump us rotten

18 min. ago#26133
I'm trying to summon up the emotional energy to be angry about this but I'm resigned more than anything. The league is over. Thursday could be a real humiliation if we aren't careful.

Can't even be arsed with this, don't look forward to any of our games the now.

If he's staying then he should be using this game as a glorified friendly to get players minutes and some semblance of structure to the squad.

What we'll likely see is both Duffy and Brown start.

Kerrydale Street is still a good laugh tonight.

Part of me wants him to stay just so I can see his face when we get 55. He’s also nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and is permanently on the verge of an argument with his own players and himself. For that he should stay.
However, he’s someone I just can’t stand the sight of, bleating about cheated, bigotry, etc. For that part I’d rather him gone.

A stay of execution only, once this chat starts there is no way back.

He won’t see out the season but the longer he lasts the better.

We need him gone, punted by his own, the ultimate Rangers retribution.

A new manager doesn't have a magic wand.

I still can't grasp anyone wanting that trouble making, bigoted fkpig living in Scotland.

We had a lunatic on earlier wanting them to beat Sparta !

Lennon out immediately.
Not at all. He’s a disaster for them and if he’s in till the end of the season could do damage to them that takes years to heal. A new manager now could give them a boost whereas under the biggot they will only get worse. I can see him bottling the cup final, and dropping more points between now and the next OF game. Just imagine how beautiful it would be should we win the league at their own patch and he’s still in the dugout

That's that then.

He's either sacked after a Comfort Blanket Cup failure or at the end of the season.

Either way, he's a lame duck and anyone with an iota common sense can see he's finished.

As much as I would love to see "the little alcoholic potato that couldn't" have to sit there and get all of the psychotic/vitriolic blowback when we win the league; I wouldn't mind if they got desperate, binned him, appointed some absolute goober that didn't know how to flat-track bully the absolute dross in the league and then dropped a load of points over the winter.

Shows the pressure they/he’s under. If you take the club and character out of the equation, who in their right mind would sack a manager who is potentially only 5 points behind in a title race less than halfway through the season with 3 OF games still to be played ?
Not sure what’s best for us. If they bin him there’ll be an upturn in their fortunes and a new coach will get money in January. If they keep him he might get them back on track. They do have a more than decent team capable of going on a winning run.
Rangers have previously with Davie White and Scot Symon.
Panic is a terrible thing

Not at all. He’s a disaster for them and if he’s in till the end of the season could do damage to them that takes years to heal. A new manager now could give them a boost whereas under the biggot they will only get worse. I can see him bottling the cup final, and dropping more points between now and the next OF game. Just imagine how beautiful it would be should we win the league at their own patch and he’s still in the dugout

This is the kind of thing we've read for the past few seasons. And yet he wins domestic games and trophies.

I'm more concerned about winning the title than who's in their dug-out.

Even if he does go, what manager in the world is looking at their current situation and thinking ‘I fancy that’
If he goes he’ll most likely be replaced by Strachan or Roy Keane, both would be absolute car crash appointments and indeed hilarious

This is the kind of thing we've read for the past few seasons. And yet he wins domestic games and trophies.

I'm more concerned about winning the title than who's in their dug-out.
He’s riding what’s left of the team Rodgers built, but he’s running on vapor now. And I’d argue that last seasons LC was illegitimate due to the illegal winning goal.

Let us not criticise the man.

After all, nobody criticised him when:

He quit NI & attacked 50% there on the actions of an unknown person from an unknown side

POOR LENNY! ALWAYS THE VICTIM!

He ran around Ibrox shouting "Orange bastards" before spitting on a Rangers scarf

He faced criticism for pics with the organiser of a genocide campaign

He was called out at Forest & Wycombe for taking money to plod around like Bella Emberg

He got a sore coupon out boozing in a town where he'd called half the people Orange bastards

Unloved in Bolton after his shambles there

Took a reasonable Hibs squad and within months dressing room all hated each other

Criticised by some for driving a wrecking ball through the impressive Brendan Rodgers Celtic team that barely dropped a point domestically (unless the sheep could finish in 2nd ahead of us with their first win there since Drew Jarvie's hair was flopping about)

POOR LENNY! IT'S THE DEFENDERS FAULT! NEVER LENNY! ONLY BIGOTS SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT NEIL LENNON!

1606178705740.png

A vote of confidence you say? That’ll be him gone within 24hrs of their next defeat then. Pity.

Wonder if he will play a reserve / youth team in Prague ?
Theoretically there are still in it and do need to get some semblance of form going. Win their remaining 3 games and they qualify.

It's never going to happen but I'd love them to beat Sparta and AC Milan. Get all hyped up about being back and qualifying, then get absolutely scudded by Lille and brought back down to earth. It would set them up just nicely for dropping points at home to Killie.

On paper, given what he's achieved in the last couple of seasons (domestically), there's no way he should be punted yet. Would rather he remained for the foreseeable future as there's always the danger they could appoint a competent coach.

Hateful wee shitebag who I can't wait to see the back of.
But not for a while yet,he's creating turmoil in the dressing room,tactically they're a shambles.
It's all good at the moment as far as I'm concerned.

Part of me wants him to stay just so I can see his face when we get 55. He’s also nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and is permanently on the verge of an argument with his own players and himself. For that he should stay.
However, he’s someone I just can’t stand the sight of, bleating about cheated, bigotry, etc. For that part I’d rather him gone.
He MUST stay, surely the sellik need all sellik minded people to stand up n b counted?? He he he

Back