Lennon refuses to quit on celtic and has full backing of the board

He’s riding what’s left of the team Rodgers built, but he’s running on vapor now. And I’d argue that last seasons LC was illegitimate due to the illegal winning goal.
But he must stay...It will be priceless seeing his mugshot at the end of the season as we win No.55

great news
Best of all worlds here.
(With the obvious caveat that no manager wants to hear he’s got the boards backing)
I'm making this up as I need attention: of far too much disharmony in the scum dressing room for it all to be lies and Lennon is responsible for this to a very high degree and the origin of some of it.

Theoretically there are still in it and do need to get some semblance of form going. Win their remaining 3 games and they qualify.

It's never going to happen but I'd love them to beat Sparta and AC Milan. Get all hyped up about being back and qualifying, then get absolutely scudded by Lille and brought back down to earth. It would set them up just nicely for dropping points at home to Killie.
You do realise beating Sparta and AC gives them a £1.14 million bonus?

Fuq them, I want beat and embarrassed every single time they play.

Trying to be objective here - Lennon must have promised one or all of the following

1. A heart to heart with his French legion
2. Dropping brown
3. Getting griffiths fit

All or none of the above might be possible. If they can fix some of those - they will beat the majority of teams easily and can set up defensively when they play us......

From our perspective - we really shouldn’t be getting ahead of ourselves. This can change quickly - we need to keep improving every day.

Let’s be honest, they have decent players, he’s causing chaos there with his attitude and tactics.

A new manager may actually get a tune out of them and for all their failings they could eventually only be 5 points behind. It’s not actually been that bad a slump points wise.

What we need to do is concentrate on our own game and continue on the relentless hunt we’re on, keep putting teams to the sword, keep the defence tight and the goals banging in, we will have a COVID-19 spike, we will have a dip in form so we need to get as much of a gap as possible.

That poisonous toad still sat in charge in his ill fitting sports clobber will only benefit us.

They must be skint and hope to ride the storm until the cup final then buy more time until our game desperately hoping to get something and the longer he clings on the more likely he will be replaced by Kennedy until the end of the season
Martin O,Bigot or Strachan would want a sizeable budget for January and massive wages which I doubt they have
For those saying they have an easy run of games until our game thay have probably won about 2 games this season comfortably and any game from now is even harder due to our excellent form
It will end in tears yes our tears of laughter

They have got a fairly routine next few games which they should win, which will give the appearance of steadying the ship. Drop anything in those games he’s out. Although right now, I can’t see him being emptied before the cup final.

I wrote on another thread that it was only Mowbray (beaten 4-0 by St Boo) and the manager whose record was as good as Gerrard's (beaten at home by lower tier ICT) who have been sacked mid-season. Before Christmas, they have a good enough squad and fixture list not be be gubbed in the league which only leaves a 2-0 or more defeat to Hearts (to discount the 'natural bias against them) in the cup for Treacle teeth to be sacked. He is safe until January after which it should be too late to get anyone else in.

Pretty good source (aka fed the party line). This is quite significant they have even felt the need to address it via their usual Celtic fanatic journalists.

As you say, it's significant they even publicly addressed it. The dreaded 'vote of confidence' usually means the end is nigh. Pumped out of Europe twice by the end of November and adrift in the league would normally be enough to be shown the door. However, he does have friends in the media and amongst their support, mainly down to his background rather than his ability right enough, and I've a sneaking suspicion there would be a bit of an outcry from those quarters if he was bagged before he got the opportunity to complete another tainted treble. Think he'll be given til then and if they win that, until they play us at New Year. Hopefully that will be the game that does for him.

Pretty good source (aka fed the party line). This is quite significant they have even felt the need to address it via their usual Celtic fanatic journalists.

rOhGN2P.gif

The ONLY good result for them (from our perspective) in ANY match is a defeat. Wanting them to win any match just to keep TLB in a job is daft. We all know he isn’t a good manager but he can be effective as we saw last season. If they start to steady the ship they could yet go on a decent run (domestically) and maybe even close the gap a little.

We need them to drop points in every league game. We need them to lose, or at worst draw, every non-league game. If that gets TLB out the door sooner rather than later then so be it, at least it would mean we’re so far in front it will have sparked panic at the knew camp.

Getting a competent manager in will be difficult for them. They’ve made such a big deal over their tainted ten season that being the manager who would have to claw back a big lead to deliver it would be a very unattractive proposition. They would also have to offer any decent candidate a big budget for January to enable him to get some of his own players in, and we all know that you get poor VFM in the January window.

Forget the appointment of the tranny-shagger, they won’t get anyone else anywhere near his level in future. They had a chance 18 months ago but stuck with TLB - does anyone seriously believe they would have given him the job permanently if they could have got someone (anyone) else who was semi-competent?

Like everyone else I’d love to see TLB having to congratulate us in March when we seal the title (!) but I’d sacrifice that pleasure with him leaving mid-season if it gave us a better chance of winning it.

I know it goes against our very instinct of wanting them to get pumped every game but I'd take them getting a 'fighting spirit' draw against Sparta and a corrupt cup if they drop a few points against say,Killie before we drill the final nail in the coffin on 2nd January.

Being about 16 points clear after giving them an absolute doing would be a fitting departure for someone as loathsome as tlb.
I'd love Hearts to turn them over which would almost certainly see him gone the next day.
That's got to be best case scenario.

But I'll give you the fact it will be a decent silver lining should it keep him in a job until we play them.

Reactions: cav
We need him gone, punted by his own, the ultimate Rangers retribution.

A new manager doesn't have a magic wand.

I still can't grasp anyone wanting that trouble making, bigoted fkpig living in Scotland.

We had a lunatic on earlier wanting them to beat Sparta !

Lennon out immediately.
Thank you. I was beginning to think that I was the only one who thinks like this.

A new manager and staff costs them millions, causes upheaval and isn’t guaranteed to work.

Let the cu*t suffer some more humiliation of the “we’re all neil lennon” turning on him.Another couple of poor results should do it.Then he will be hated chased and not welcomed back.Better place without the rheptile.

Thank you. I was beginning to think that I was the only one who thinks like this.

A new manager and staff costs them millions, causes upheaval and isn’t guaranteed to work.
Agreed. Remember Tony Mowbray..........

You do realise beating Sparta and AC gives them a £1.14 million bonus?

Fuq them, I want beat and embarrassed every single time they play.

It would also give them a much needed confidence boost going into domestic games, some folk rabble a load of mince on here man.

We want turmoil over there, the more the better, if that means Lennon is chased out the door then all the better.

They have a decent run of games coming up so the ideal scenario for me is as follows.

They only pick up draws in the Europa at best, no money and papped out, finishing bottom of the group - humiliated.

They will probably pick up wins in the league now but drop points the week before us, they think “shite we can’t sack him the week before Rangers” so he clings on, we scud them and then he gets sacked - humiliated.

We have continued winning and are 19 points clear although they have three games in hand.

I think it's inevitable that OF managers are compared to each other, and Lennon is obviously being compared to Gerrard this season (Gerrard's probably been lucky in that the Rangers support have generally seen the bigger picture and that (arguably) could be down to his performance in Europe).

But from Lennon's point of view he's performed poorly in Europe - he's not the first OF manager to do so - but in the league their start - historically speaking - isn't that bad. He's also not lost a domestic cup game, and the run in the league up to playing us is - St Johnstone (h), Kilmarnock (h), Ross County (h), Hamilton (a), Dundee U (h).

You would expect them to win all those games - and if they do and we drop anything they'll be within 3 points going into the OF games (with their game in hand).

Now from a Celtic supporter view point they can probably see the direction of travel since Rodgers left - but from a purely football perspective (out-with Europe) he's not performed dreadfully.

And I really think many Rangers fans should stop the gloating and focus on one game at a time. I know the team are but it just takes one bad run - 2/3 games off the boil - and they could be back in front.

I'd love Hearts to turn them over which would almost certainly see him gone the next day.
That's got to be best case scenario.

But I'll give you the fact it will be a decent silver lining should it keep him in a job until we play them.

Surely the best scenario would be for him to get sacked in the shower? Lolzas!

Lennox is refusing to walk away.

Have Celtic got the money to sack him?

Even if they sack him, have they then got the money to appoint a decent manager and back him financially?

I see people disagreeing over what’s the best outcome for us in terms of Lennon staying / going.

My opinion on this is that the best outcome would be for Celtic to lose every single game they play and Lennon still refusing to walk.

Out of Europe before the new year. More dropped points in the league. This puts huge pressure on Lawell to back whoever is in charge in January.

This could cripple them financially.

I still can't grasp anyone wanting that trouble making, bigoted fkpig living in Scotland.

Lennon out immediately.
How utterly clueless

This thread could have been bumped after we horsed them at parkhead last december.
Same shit got said about him then they went on a unbeaten run and we collapsed.

Sparta have lost both their games since beating them, got humped 2-4 at home at the weekend off a bottom half team.

Hopefully they bitch slap Celtic to get some confidence back.

They have got a fairly routine next few games which they should win, which will give the appearance of steadying the ship. Drop anything in those games he’s out. Although right now, I can’t see him being emptied before the cup final.
They will drop points against Kilmarnock

This thread could have been bumped after we horsed them at parkhead last december.
Same shit got said about him then they went on a unbeaten run and we collapsed.

We weren't even top of the league then, we were 1 point behind with a game in hand. We are currently 11 points ahead, have much superior goal difference and they couldn't keep weans out a close, this is much, much different from last season.

Dunno why people are insistent on not allowing us to enjoy their meltdown.

It's them that think it's over and are losing the plot, not us.

From their point of view the are more reasons to keep him than get rid of him. Europe has been terrible for them and there is three more bad results coming. No point in having him until that is out the way. He's potentially only 5 points behind in the league with a easy run coming up. Our post Christmas form has been poor the last 2 seasons. They might take the chance we'll do the same again. No manager wants to come in and lose the ten in a row in his first 6 months. He won't last long after that. I think Lennon will last until February. After that it's all about whether the board put him out his misery or make him see out the season.
If theres game that pushes him quicker than that it will be killie at home if they start dropping points there its all over for him. Its always possible to drop points away to a Hibs or Aberdeen that's what there board and him will be saying just now.

Lennon out immediately.
I certainly don’t want them to win any game, to hell with that. But I also don’t want him sacked, he has clearly fallen out with a food few of his players who are no longer focussed.

Bringing a new manager in runs the risk of them appointing someone decent who can actually organise a team and galvanise them. They actually have some decent players, they just have a crap manager.

As others have said their domestic games until Xmas in league look straightforward wins but stranger things have happened

If they get pumped on Thursday v Sparta then I really don’t think their board will be able to ride this out

The pressure on him / their board is only maintained by our form and our players must keep on winning. We have to stay focused and get on with our one game at a time attitude

Not for me. I want him there as long as possible and I want him to suffer. I want this season to finish Lennon in the eyes of their supporters and to finish him in football.
Agreed.

Never want them to win a game but cold happily watch them draw a few before we play them again.

He blows this ''10'' for them and he is gone for good.

Lennon out immediately.
After Thursday would be fine by me

another ranking with Kennedy taking over for a few matches hopefully losing in the cup then losing a league game

Even post the OF game their fixtures aren't that bad - Hibs (h), Livi (h), St Mirren (a), Hamilton (h) in January. That's at a time when we go to Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs.

There is no room for slip ups.

ps - at least we don't need to go to Dubai this year!!

I funnily hope they get a scrappy 1-0 defeat on Thursday which keeps him there by the skin of his rotten teeth. They up till Ibrox game and we scud them.

Prague might piss on our chips with this, surely his lives are used up on taking hidings in Europe
I personally don't think they will use Europe against him their group is gone anyway.

Another hosing in Prague will keep the pressure on the players but I think their board will give Lennon a free pass on that as the league is their priority.

If he drops anything else in the league before we play them I reckon they might act.

I fully expect them to win all their League games up to when they play us at Ibrox. Whatever happens that day will decide Lennon's fate. An absolute caning from Rangers will be a fitting end for the reptile.

that would be fantastic hopefully they ship more points the week before

and we hammer them 5-0 wouldn’t that be wonderful an absolute skelping with them all turning on each other

Back