Lennon refuses to quit on celtic and has full backing of the board

5 points, 6 in hand. Massive difference there mate.

This is it, people need to calm down a bit.

I seem to remember us being extremely confident last season and the season before, and while we look a different animal all together this season, we need to keep that in mind.

4 out of 5 of their next league games are at home i think its fair to say they are winning all of them

its the reason he hasn't been sacked. Celtic have lost about 5 games in 10 years in the league at home and I fully expect them to win the cup meaning they will go into the old firm game in decent confidence.

We just need to keep winning to make sure we keep on top and don't lose the New Years game and we are in great shape

I suspect this is not true. I think he will be given the cup final then he will go. In that time they will be put out the feelers to the usual suspects, Strachan, O'Neil. They will hope that they say yes and take over for 6 months and then they will look for a new manager. I think neither will take the job because they don't want to be the one to lose 10 in a row and that is the big problem Celtic will have getting a new manager at this time.

Silva and Howe will be great appointments for us because there is no way in hell they will handle the pressure here and they will crumble. They couldn't handle it at Everton and Bournemouth.

If Lennon is staying, its because they have reached out and no one wants it because they don't want to be the guy that has lost Celtic 10 in a row.

Theoretically there are still in it and do need to get some semblance of form going. Win their remaining 3 games and they qualify.

It's never going to happen but I'd love them to beat Sparta and AC Milan. Get all hyped up about being back and qualifying, then get absolutely scudded by Lille and brought back down to earth. It would set them up just nicely for dropping points at home to Killie.
They’re only 5 points behind realistically. Beating Sparta and AC Milan would give the team a lift.

Finishing their group with one point is exactly the kind of humiliation they need to crush their spirits completely

For all the bluster on here about how much of a useless manager Lennon is, and how much disharmony there is in the nonce fc squad, there is no guarantee that if they replace him they get in someone better.

This is it, people need to calm down a bit.

I seem to remember us being extremely confident last season and the season before, and while we look a different animal all together this season, we need to keep that in mind.
People need a wake up call. Bet these are the idiots who brag to their work colleagues and make an arse of themselves come May. "The league is done" never heard so much pish in all my life. We need to keep at it. We have a difficult January, overcome that and I'll start believing.

In my opinion I hope he gets sacked because that will indicate there are real problems behind the scenes and this isn’t just a slump in form.

I think Europe is a massive headache for them as every point dropped there just increases the pressure and drains confidence.

Lennon has been close to the sack before ....this time I hope he can’t escape

A bit of a conundrum really.

I want them pumped every time they play. I want him there to experience the agony and the deluge of vitriol from the assembled hordes.

His press conference tomorrow should be a hoot.
- Lenny hits back at critics
- Not paying attention to hysteria
- Defends managerial record

The good thing now is we only need to bother about ourselves. Just keep racking up the points.

Just remember they are only 5 points behind and even a poorly performing Celtic have individuals that can drag them over the line against most Scottish teams.

I am getting more confident but over confidence is dangerous.

onwards and upwards.

So are their board (ie the "party line") feeding this to the papers putting all the blame on Lennon and making themselves look like the good guys as he "had their full backing?

People need to calm down a bit theres a long way to go, wanting them to win against Sparta and Milan and more likely win they're next 5 in the league would give any struggling team a huge lift.

One game at a time for us lads, I'm confident we will see it over the line but anything can happen as we have seen the last 2 seasons

Of course they are keeping him. What decent available manager are they going to get in now when they have 11 games between now and 2nd Jan. Baptism of fire for a new guy who would also get very little to spend in Jan. Unless Lennon walks they are stuck with him.

Reno, I get you.

What is actually the best thing for Rangers is Lennon serving up a level of performance that should see him sacked, but staying in the job.

I'd love Hearts to turn them over which would almost certainly see him gone the next day.
That's got to be best case scenario.

But I'll give you the fact it will be a decent silver lining should it keep him in a job until we play them.
They'll take 5 off Hearts, who are dung.

People need to calm down a bit theres a long way to go, wanting them to win against Sparta and Milan and more likely win they're next 5 in the league would give any struggling team a huge lift.

One game at a time for us lads, I'm confident we will see it over the line but anything can happen as we have seen the last 2 seasons
Absolutely!, need to just calm down this league over stuff

I really want them continuing with him all season.
If they are going to change the manager then I want it done after new year.
They may go on and win against championship hearts and go on a run of home wins but there is definite turmoil over there and it's clear a number of players aren't playing for him!

Usually when a club goes public with the ‘full support of the board’ line they are one bad result away from the door.
There's no way they'll sack him as they'd have to pay compensation to him and his backroom team as well as pay up for a new manager and whoever his backroom team will be,all that in the middle of a pandemic, for certain they'll be taking a hit just as we are. We just keep focus on our own game.

Shows the pressure they/he’s under. If you take the club and character out of the equation, who in their right mind would sack a manager who is potentially only 5 points behind in a title race less than halfway through the season with 3 OF games still to be played ?
Not sure what’s best for us. If they bin him there’ll be an upturn in their fortunes and a new coach will get money in January. If they keep him he might get them back on track. They do have a more than decent team capable of going on a winning run.
Better for us if he goes. Chances are he will pull a run together at some point. I doubt they’ll find a quality coach for the rest of this season and there’s very little left for them to spend in January after going all in during the summer. All the rumours are about the likes of Strachan and MoN which would be brilliant for us.

One of two things would make his departure a certainty.

Losing at home to one of the SPL smaller teams, or taking a hammering from us.

Or hopefully, both.
I've said it before in this thread once you start dropping points at home when your in a title race that's it for the manager history tends to show that more often than not.

They’re only 5 points behind realistically. Beating Sparta and AC Milan would give the team a lift.

Finishing their group with one point is exactly the kind of humiliation they need to crush their spirits completely
I think they might scrape a point on Thursday then get battered by Milan

There were some before the break hoping they took care of Motherwell/Hibs to keep him in a job.

Now we have some wanting them to get a draw against Sparta.

I hope Sparta win as defeat there on the heels of the Hibs draw could see all confidence shattered.

You're taking the comments on that other thread too literally.

No one ever wants them to win a game.

The point being made was that we can find positives in whatever happens as long as they stumble at some point.

I wasn't happy the equalised but if it means that he's here for another week with them in apparent turmoil and runs the risk of having another bad results instead of them sacking him and bringing someone in who gets a bounce out of them, it's can be seen as a positive down the line.

Whatever happens with them, if we keep winning, their manager situation will be taken care of.

If they lose a game and he stays, it's good, if he wins one gets kept on and then suffers another loss whereby we increase our lead, that also good just in a different way.

If their fans blank out Europe they have a piss easy run in December - could easily convince themselves they are in a better place without improving much.

I think they've already done that. It's ALL about winning the league this year. Even Lennon himself admitted Europe was gone after their last game but it wasn't as if "...and that's disaster" it was that "...but it doesn't matter a %^*& as we're all looking at the league"

Fans might use it as a stick to beat him with if the Euro games have poor results but that's because they want him gone for the league issues.

Ultimately, if they continue to drop points at some stage and we keep our form up the timing of whether they do or don't get rid of him doesn't matter.

It’s cartoonish to suggest he will stay whilst consistently falling behind -it won’t happen.He will get sacked.

I am more than happy with how we are playing but I will be a lot happier if they don’t get an extended good run together because at this stage they remain a serious threat.

He is in trouble as was SG at the end of last season

Edit: Just re-read this, thought someone might be suggesting Rodgers would go back.

A top coach under normal circumstances would get time to mould his team. Coming to Celtic when you’re chasing the league in the most important season for decades from the get go means that anything other than just about winning every game you play will be seen as a failure.

No one looking to boost their managerial cv would want that challenge. The best they can hope for us an ex player or manager looking to come in and be the hero to save them but not really expected to do so. Think Lennon after Mowbray
No manager unless he is fully "celtc minded" would take this poisoned chalice on. Not only the pressure of this season, but the spectre of serial abuse of children is looking like breaking worldwide. In my opinion, that's a major reason Rodgers left and Lennon got the job.

The man in charge would have to be from a special breed with nothing to lose to when this comes home to roost.

Only the most rabid amongst their support would bin him right now.

He’s won every trophy going since replacing Rodgers and bounced back from seeming adversity last season to lead them to more (well, an aborted gift of a title at least) and if he wins both games in hand they’re still only five behind.

That being said, the very fact it’s being discussed shows he’s getting closer to the door.

If they drop more points between now and the end of the year and we increase our lead as a result, that vote of confidence will likely amount to a hill of beans.

They have a decent run of fixtures now so he might just hold on until the OF game, I can see that game causing an epic meltdown similar to 1999

He’s won every trophy going since replacing Rodgers and bounced back from seeming adversity last season to lead them to more (well, an aborted gift of a title at least) and if he wins both games in hand they’re still only five behind.

That being said, the very fact it’s being discussed shows he’s getting closer to the door.

If they drop more points between now and the end of the year and we increase our lead as a result, that vote of confidence will likely amount to a hill of beans.

If both teams win all their games leading to the 2nd of January we will be 14 points ahead going into that game with them having played 3 games less. We win that and stretch it to 17 (technically only 8) he'll be sacked that night.

Even a draw at Ibrox may not save him.

It’s cartoonish to suggest he will stay whilst consistently falling behind -it won’t happen.He will get sacked.

I am more than happy with how we are playing but I will be a lot happier if they don’t get an extended good run together because at this stage they remain a serious threat.

He is in trouble as was SG at the end of last season

Only a fool would write them off at this stage.

We have to keep winning and everything else will fall into place.

He has been relatively successful since returning but that was primarily down to him him inheriting a good squad of players from Rodgers.

Now that he's starting to bring his own players and tactics into the equation they are heading backwards despite spending over £20 million since January this year.

Some of the signings he's spent huge money on are laughably bad £5 million for a keeper who been binned after 5 games.

Think the yahoo's can see the writing on the wall with him and they will only get worse the longer he stays.

Only a fool would write them off at this stage.

We have to keep winning and everything else will fall into place.

Many fans already have, some of the reactions on here/social media have been way over the top

If he is sacked hopefully we can contact any potential replacement through their agent and alert them to fact re upcoming court cases the impact on their clients CV and the loss of funds to buy players as well as being tarred with the Peado club. Quite frankly their results don't interest me it is what WE do just keep on winning and their results won't matter although tbf for top seeds in their EL Group they have been shocking and the Europe does not matter nonsense please explain the hype in 2003 over Seville? Or 2017 the 50th anniversary of becoming the first Irish club to win the European Cup. Selective soundboards perhaps.

Who is definitely on his side in the dressing room?

Brown, Griffiths...
The rumour seems to be that he can't drop Brown, despite him being completely done, as he needs to keep him onside in the dressing room and can't afford to have him turn against him.

‘Refuses to quit ON Celtic’

The Celtic PR sending out a message that brave Lenny is battling on for THEM! That should keep them quiet for another few weeks and hopefully avoid getting someone in before Xmas and the big budget they would be demanding

Back