Lennon saying the protests are pointless the board arent anywhere near sacking him

uneasydaz

NEIL Lennon says the Celtic supporters who called for his sacking in chaotic scenes outside Parkhead on Sunday evening ultimately "served no purpose" - as he insisted the club's hierarchy are "not near the point" where they have a decision to make about his future.

The Northern Irishman typically tackled his issues head on as he addressed the media ahead of tomorrow night's Europa League meeting with AC Milan.

He insisted the club are "nowhere near the point" where chief executive Peter Lawwell and major shareholder Dermot Desmond have a decision to make about his future.

Indeed, he believes they are only a "flick of a switch" away from getting back on track.

It all begins as Celtic take on AC Milan in the daunting surroundings of the San Siro - a stadium in which they have NEVER won.

Lennon said: "On the scenes on Sunday, we were disappointed, hurt.

"I understand the frustrations of the supporters because ultimately we aren't on a great run at the moment.

"But it serves no purpose, particularly for the players.

"I am old enough and big enough to take criticism and abuse. Some of it is justified, some of it is over the top.

"That is the role of a manager. That is the responsibility you have to bear.

"We are all in agreement that we must do better. And we have to do that with results and performances.

"It only takes a flick of a switch

I think we are lacking a bit of confidence, a little bit of belief at the minute. But it can turn around very quickly, then it is baby steps after that, build, build, build build.

"But tomorrow we are looking for a performance and a result to start with.

"For 20 years from my own point of view i have done everything in my power to bring success to the club and the fans.

"That is not going to change just on the run of a bad month or people being upset about my style of management if I can say that. And they don't know what it is, they are just sort of voicing their opinions.

"I look to the players as well, they are working so hard to turn it around and they are feeling it a little bit so they need my support as well."

As for his relationship with Lawwell and Desmond, he insisted that the club remains "strong" and that durability is a key principle.

"We talk about the game, talk about the players, talk about the results.

"Obviously, we also talk about the values that we have, the durability that the club has.

"We are strong, we are not in great shape at the minute in terms of results and performances but I have a great relationship with them.

"It doesn't count for anything if results keep going the wrong way because then they have a decision to make but we are not near that point yet.

"They believe in me and I believe in what we are trying to do. I believe in my backroom staff as well.

"It sounds like I am repeating myself time and again but we do believe we will turn it around."

He said after County that if he got any more of these results he'd need to consider his future. Doesn't sound like the sort of guy who's confident he's not about to be sacked.

What I do think is weird about the way these protests are reported is that the media do seem to be making it out to be sparked by the recent run of form and while that's added to it, there have been protests against their board for years. Why are some outlets making it solely a Neil Lennon thing and not pointing out that most of it is anger against Lawwell?

Text-Back-660x330.gif

Great news, so a defeat at the weekend and he will still be there to drop more points next week

The players will continue producing the same dross, arguably playing even worse knowing their security is now at risk from their own fans.

Great news that's a defo getitupyou to the tramps lol want him there when we win 55

WATP

Back