Lennon unhappy with Willie Callum’s performance today

nasalsinatra

NL has complained that Collum was poor today and paid too much attention to the advice and messages he was getting from his assistants. What does he think these officials are there for? Waving flags to send trains off? I thought Collum was very fair but he did make two obvious mistakes. One when Christie headed a cross from a free-kick for what should have been a corner but he awarded a goal-kick. The other one was his failure to award Aberdeen a free-kick when Duffy clearly pushed Cosgrove in the back with both hands and that led directly to Celtic’s second goal. It’s not going to take much more to send Neil over the edge.

I thought it was a strange thing to say. Possibly just frustrated with his own team's failings and diverting attention. Collum actually got all the big decisions right. He also allowed an advantage to them and it led to their penalty

NL has complained that Collum was poor today and paid too much attention to the advice and messages he was getting from his assistants. What does he think these officials are there for? Waving flags to send trains off? I thought Collum was very fair but he did make two obvious mistakes. One when Christie headed a cross from a free-kick for what should have been a corner but he awarded a goal-kick. The other one was his failure to award Aberdeen a free-kick when Duffy clearly pushed Cosgrove in the back with both hands and that led directly to Celtic’s second goal. It’s not going to take much more to send Neil over the edge.
I await his hefty fine and pitch side ban :))

Pathetically predictable. It'll be interesting to see what steer the media have been given by his boss and whether they go with it or put pressure on the racist bigot.

Over to you Claire. Compliance officer Celtic boss Lennon blasts ref Collum and ‘baffling’ decisions in Aberdeen clash. NEIL LENNON has hit out at Willie Collum as he blasted his ‘baffling’ decisions in Celtic’s clash with Aberdeen this afternoon.The Hoops managed to mount a second-half comeback before conceding a dramatic late goal to seal the 3-3 draw But Lennon wasn’t impressed with some of whistler Collum’s decisions during the match.Speaking to BBC Sportsound after full-time, he said: “I thought the referee had a very poor game today.“This is the first time I’ve been semi-critical of a referee, I thought he was poor. “His decision-making, being influenced by his assistants and some of the decisions were baffling out there today.“That’s not an excuse as to why we dropped points but it didn’t add to what was a cracking game of football.“I thought he was poor for a referee at his level.”Meanwhile, Lennon admitted he was disappointed that his Celtic side were unable to hold on to their lead after fighting back from being behind twice.He said: “Disappointed to end with a draw. We’ve come from behind to be 3-2 up. I thought the players showed a lot of what I wanted.“Good goals, great appetite but we’ve scored three goals away from home and should be expecting to win it.“So defensively, I thought the first goal was cheap but the third goal is really disappointing from our point of view.“We’ve got enough bodies there to deal with it. We weren’t strong enough in the tackle.”Lennon continued: “I thought first half we had good control without really asking too many questions of Aberdeen.“Second half we had a lot more bite about us going forward and there was a lot of good performances.“Rogic was great and I thought McGregor again had another fine game. “The subs made a positive impact as well. It was a great finish from Griff. We don’t like dropping points but there is a long way to go.”

The failure to send off McGregor for repeated offences by all fair accounts too

NEIL LENNON has slammed referee Willie Collum for some “baffling” decisions in Celtic’s 3-3 draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie this afternoon.

The match official awarded three penalty-kicks – one in stoppage-time for Lewis Ferguson to drill in the Dons’ equaliser to deny the champions three points.

It was the midfielder’s second spot-kick after notching one in the first-half. The whistler was quick to give one following a challenge by Olivier Ntcham on Ferguson who pulled up to invite the clumsy clash.

Goals from Callum McGregor, substitute Leigh Griffiths, who came on for the anonymous Albian Ajeti, and Ryan Christie, from a penalty, had the Hoops 3-2 ahead until the fading moments.

An exasperated Lennon, speaking to BBC Sportsound about the ref’s decisions, said: “I’ll need to see them again, but I think the referee had a very poor game today.

“This is the first time really I’ve been semi-critical of a referee. I thought he was poor.

“In decision making, in being influenced by his assistants, some of the decisions were baffling. That’s not an excuse for us dropping points, but it didn’t add to what was an incredible game of football.

“I thought he was poor for a referee of his level.”

Lennon also admitted that some of his players are feeling the heat after three games without a win while surrendering eight goals in mistake-riddled performances.

He added: “Obviously, we don’t like dropping points.

“It’s a little phase that they are going through at the minute, a few of them might be a little bit fragile confidence-wise.

“It’s my job to keep them going and we will work through this. There are signs we are getting better, but we’ve got to stop inviting the pressure.

“We were sort of passive. There’s a minute to go in the first-half and we should play it forward rather than still trying to play.

“So, decision making has to be a little better and see the game out at 3-2. We had plenty of bodies to deal with it.”

The Hoops’ next game is the Europa League Group H encounter against Lille in France on Thursday before they take on Derek McInnes’ Dons outfit again in the delayed Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden

NEIL LENNON has slammed referee Willie Collum for some “baffling” decisions in Celtic’s 3-3 draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie this afternoon.

The match official awarded three penalty-kicks – one in stoppage-time for Lewis Ferguson to drill in the Dons’ equaliser to deny the champions three points.

It was the midfielder’s second spot-kick after notching one in the first-half. The whistler was quick to give one following a challenge by Olivier Ntcham on Ferguson who pulled up to invite the clumsy clash.

Goals from Callum McGregor, substitute Leigh Griffiths, who came on for the anonymous Albian Ajeti, and Ryan Christie, from a penalty, had the Hoops 3-2 ahead until the fading moments.

An exasperated Lennon, speaking to BBC Sportsound about the ref’s decisions, said: “I’ll need to see them again, but I think the referee had a very poor game today.

“This is the first time really I’ve been semi-critical of a referee. I thought he was poor.

“In decision making, in being influenced by his assistants, some of the decisions were baffling. That’s not an excuse for us dropping points, but it didn’t add to what was an incredible game of football.

“I thought he was poor for a referee of his level.”

Lennon also admitted that some of his players are feeling the heat after three games without a win while surrendering eight goals in mistake-riddled performances.

He added: “Obviously, we don’t like dropping points.

“It’s a little phase that they are going through at the minute, a few of them might be a little bit fragile confidence-wise.

“It’s my job to keep them going and we will work through this. There are signs we are getting better, but we’ve got to stop inviting the pressure.

“We were sort of passive. There’s a minute to go in the first-half and we should play it forward rather than still trying to play.

“So, decision making has to be a little better and see the game out at 3-2. We had plenty of bodies to deal with it.”

The Hoops’ next game is the Europa League Group H encounter against Lille in France on Thursday before they take on Derek McInnes’ Dons outfit again in the delayed Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden

Surely getting citied for that

KfER08p.jpg

Lightest penalty of the game was the one they got and 11 referees out of 10 would have given a foul before their second goal, when Dummy assaulted Cosgrove. Of course he's unhappy.

Back