Lennon unhappy with Willie Callum’s performance today

Celtic penalty was decidedly dodgy. McGregor not being sent off was a joke.
Duffy bounces a guy into the permiter wall?
Refereed to a different standard thats for sure.

Duffy was lucky not to get booked for launching that Sheep face first in to the advertising board.

Not seen the game but the penalties must have been stone wallers collum must be gutted having to give penalties against them , he will be in chapel tonight for his sins

Celtic penalty was decidedly dodgy. McGregor not being sent off was a joke.
Duffy bounces a guy into the permiter wall?
Refereed to a different standard thats for sure.
Celtic penalty wasn't dodgy at all. McGregor should have been sent off. Duffy should have been booked.

Not seen the game but the penalties must have been stone wallers collum must be gutted having to give penalties against them , he will be in chapel tonight for his sins
Both were in fact so was theirs to be fair

Reactions: fmp
It’s a pity we have a shitebag mentally challenged mhedia who ignored Lennon actions in the original referee strike

He singlehandedly caused that dispute but Beast FC were never cited for bringing the game into disrepute when he was guilty as sin

Now he’s calling out referees despite Collum making a few big errors that the mentally challengeds benefited from today yet Lennon has the cheek still to complain

Lennon is an unhinged arsehole and he knows his time is up if he loses his next 2 games

I wanted him to stay but I’ve now changed my mind

I want the utter piece of shit to get sacked and never return to Scotland ever again

Let him manage in some far off country and we don’t need to listen to the paranoid drug filled prick ever again

He’s an absolute cancer in this country and the sooner he gets kicked out the better

Even if he doesn't get cited he's certainly being laughed at. It just makes him look even more of a dick after losing two on the trot and dropping points to their usual guaranteed points team.

NEIL LENNON has slammed referee Willie Collum for some “baffling” decisions in Celtic’s 3-3 draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie this afternoon.

The match official awarded three penalty-kicks – one in stoppage-time for Lewis Ferguson to drill in the Dons’ equaliser to deny the champions three points.

It was the midfielder’s second spot-kick after notching one in the first-half. The whistler was quick to give one following a challenge by Olivier Ntcham on Ferguson who pulled up to invite the clumsy clash.

Goals from Callum McGregor, substitute Leigh Griffiths, who came on for the anonymous Albian Ajeti, and Ryan Christie, from a penalty, had the Hoops 3-2 ahead until the fading moments.

An exasperated Lennon, speaking to BBC Sportsound about the ref’s decisions, said: “I’ll need to see them again, but I think the referee had a very poor game today.

“This is the first time really I’ve been semi-critical of a referee. I thought he was poor.

“In decision making, in being influenced by his assistants, some of the decisions were baffling. That’s not an excuse for us dropping points, but it didn’t add to what was an incredible game of football.

“I thought he was poor for a referee of his level.”

Lennon also admitted that some of his players are feeling the heat after three games without a win while surrendering eight goals in mistake-riddled performances.

He added: “Obviously, we don’t like dropping points.

“It’s a little phase that they are going through at the minute, a few of them might be a little bit fragile confidence-wise.

“It’s my job to keep them going and we will work through this. There are signs we are getting better, but we’ve got to stop inviting the pressure.

“We were sort of passive. There’s a minute to go in the first-half and we should play it forward rather than still trying to play.

“So, decision making has to be a little better and see the game out at 3-2. We had plenty of bodies to deal with it.”

The Hoops’ next game is the Europa League Group H encounter against Lille in France on Thursday before they take on Derek McInnes’ Dons outfit again in the delayed Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden
If the ref had a poor game today, what kind of week is Lennon having? Lol

Collum usually gets his back slapped on Sunday night mass for his favours.
tonight he will be getting bitch slapped.
24hr Glaziers move into stand by mode.

It’s a pity we have a shitebag mentally challenged mhedia who ignored Lennon actions in the original referee strike

He singlehandedly caused that dispute but Beast FC were never cited for bringing the game into disrepute when he was guilty as sin

Now he’s calling out referees despite Collum making a few big errors that the mentally challengeds benefited from today yet Lennon has the cheek still to complain

Lennon is an unhinged arsehole and he knows his time is up if he loses his next 2 games

I want the utter piece of shit to get sacked and never return to Scotland ever again

Let him manage in some far off country and we don’t need to listen to the paranoid drug filled prick ever again

He’s an absolute cancer in this country and the sooner he gets kicked out the better
Normally I'd agree, but he would be a regular on the BBC, because he won't get a job outside of Scotland. We're stuck with him

Remember that time our referee's were driven to strike and Israeli refs were brought in. Reap what you sow ya filthy bigot

He is getting desperate. When the interviewer asked why he thought the ref had a bad game he had no clue why and just rambled. It's just a natural thing for him to blame and he wasn't expecting questioned on it.

My worry is that they sack him.

NL has complained that Collum was poor today and paid too much attention to the advice and messages he was getting from his assistants. What does he think these officials are there for? Waving flags to send trains off? I thought Collum was very fair but he did make two obvious mistakes. One when Christie headed a cross from a free-kick for what should have been a corner but he awarded a goal-kick. The other one was his failure to award Aberdeen a free-kick when Duffy clearly pushed Cosgrove in the back with both hands and that led directly to Celtic’s second goal. It’s not going to take much more to send Neil over the edge.
2 Dragon soops should suffice

Hear hear!!!

Normally I'd agree, but he would be a regular on the BBC, because he won't get a job outside of Scotland. We're stuck with him
His mission in life is to be a victim. Scotland gives him the perfect vehicle to live this out with a tame media and batshit mental Assembly (won't give them the kudos of Govt).

We are stuck with him 100%. If he doesn't get a gig on TV he will be in a series of ever declining managerial posts (Alloa beckons) and there is no way he is leaving these borders.

I'll agree with lennon, the referee did make some baffling decisions.

Surely the entire world of football is in disbelief at the SFAs team having two penalties against them in one game?

That's usually not permitted in an entire season.

The Celtic way - always cheated never defeated. And for a ref to take advice or to ne assisted by his assistants, preposterous

joke he never got another yellow for that.

was a different ref in the December game though.
Robertson,Clancy and Collum are peas in a pod some are just more obvious with how they go about it, they all claim incident blindness, except when it's against Rangers.

Remember that time our referee's were driven to strike and Israeli refs were brought in. Reap what you sow ya filthy bigot
You need to grimace at the Irony of it all with the mhanks support for the Palestinians that they wanted other referees and were happy to use Israeli referees.:confused:

NL has complained that Collum was poor today and paid too much attention to the advice and messages he was getting from his assistants. What does he think these officials are there for? Waving flags to send trains off? I thought Collum was very fair but he did make two obvious mistakes. One when Christie headed a cross from a free-kick for what should have been a corner but he awarded a goal-kick. The other one was his failure to award Aberdeen a free-kick when Duffy clearly pushed Cosgrove in the back with both hands and that led directly to Celtic’s second goal. It’s not going to take much more to send Neil over the edge.
Stevie G was cited for less... over to you Claire!

Under new rules any foul in the box while not attempting to play the ball is a straight red card . McGregor is on the deck & intentionally tries to kick the dons players standing leg , no attempt to play the ball , straight red card .
Which would lead to him missing games yes it was a baffling decision.

I watched his interview, he's actually smirking at the shite he is talking. This was the game I honestly thought the sheep will lie down. Pressure is well and truly on these horrible cunts..

He’s either lost his marbles or deliberately trying to unsettle the refs in an attempt to get them to cheat more in his favour. Like that time in 2008 when the ref flat out chopped off a legitimate Zander Diamond equaliser to give them a 1-0 victory at Pittodrie. That’s the kind of thing they want. My hope is that some celtic players will notice this and think he’s a c***.

Collum refereed that game pretty well yesterday. Yes probably should have sent Macgregor off, but not a glaring mistake. Also for me missed a foul on Cosgrove in the build up to Griffiths goal but these were not glaring mistakes.

He called the penalties absolutely right. He isn't a cheat, just a very average referee prone to the odd bad game.

However the authorities should be hammering Lennon for these comments. Referees need support to improve, not constant pressure from managers. Wasn't Collum who signed Shane Duffy or Laxative.

Double jeopardy rule?
No, that just stopped a straight red card being given fro the offence - it would have been a yellow to add to the one he get in the early stages of game - and then committed various other fouls long before the penalty incident

Collum refereed that game pretty well yesterday. Yes probably should have sent Macgregor off, but not a glaring mistake. Also for me missed a foul on Cosgrove in the build up to Griffiths goal but these were not glaring mistakes.

He called the penalties absolutely right. He isn't a cheat, just a very average referee prone to the odd bad game.

However the authorities should be hammering Lennon for these comments. Referees need support to improve, not constant pressure from managers. Wasn't Collum who signed Shane Duffy or Laxative.

Agree, especially as both the decisions above went in favour of them. Probably a result of years of intimidation and conditioning of Collum to let them away with offences he wouldn't let other teams away with. Lennon is basically telling him not to give pens against them, no matter what.

After Rangers game "I'm not making excuses BUT we had men missing through injury and covid."

After Aberdeen game "I'm not making excuses BUT the referee made several mistakes."

Lots of Karma for the mentally challengeds. McGregor shouldn't have been on the pitch to concede that last penalty.....but he was, glorious irony!!

His default place of refuge is to try and build a siege mentality, everyones’ against us.
After the CL under the bus episode the players are clearly not wearing it, especially the foreign guys. The likes of Griffiths etc., will lap it up, being of similar genetics.
If players are seeing him as the problem not the solution, and blaming referees (another go to default) being ridiculed, then it ain’t going to work. Even the unwashed hordes aren’t wearing it.
Lennon’s floundering.

Back