Lennon Will be gone

On whatsapp its Howe, totally reliably and legitimate. Probably more credibility than the Herald or Record.

Howe will shit it up here the jobs far to big for a Warburon esq type.

He’s certainly closer to the Rodgers-style of football but also couldn’t organise a defence to save his life at Bournemouth, and is completely untested in any kind of pressure environment or in Europe.

Would not be worried by that in the slightest.

Because the opportunities he expected have not arisen. Nobody wants him to fight a relegation battle in the EPL, they prefer Allardyce types.
Anyone above that already have better managers in place. He needs to work, and there are no jobs for him in England or abroad.
I was more thinking taking the job now would mean he’d associated with their failed 10*. Would make more sense from his point of view to start in the summer.
I still reckon he’d be more likely to take a chance on a championship club next one that comes up. He doesn’t scare me if they appoint him. Will crack under the pressure

The problem Celtic have is that they don’t know how much they can a give a new manager to rebuild as they really don’t know what their final compensation bill will be from the civil cases that start at the end of June this year. A new manager will not walk into that role knowing he can’t compete with an aged squad with no desire and devoid of decent talent and a back room structure from DOF down......they have well and truly been caught with their pants down and it could take them 5 plus years to recover!!! sweet!!!!

Howe would take one look at that mob and realise it’s a crock of shit. He ain’t that daft or desperate for a job.

Clarke for me, another miserable bitter mentally challenged in other words an excellent fit. And so it goes on....and on.

Last edited:
I was more thinking taking the job now would mean he’d associated with their failed 10*. Would make more sense from his point of view to start in the summer.
I still reckon he’d be more likely to take a chance on a championship club next one that comes up. He doesn’t scare me if they appoint him. Will crack under the pressure
I think he'll take it, knowing that it'll give him 6 months to prepare for the summer transfer window. I don't think he'll be considered at any fault for this season now.
I absolutely agree that he would crack up here. The pressure off the park would be completely alien to him.
The need to win every game will be unbearable for a guy who had his best season with a team who won 26 out of 46 matches in the Championship.

I think he'll take it, knowing that it'll give him 6 months to prepare for the summer transfer window. I don't think he'll be considered at any fault for this season now.
I absolutely agree that he would crack up here. The pressure off the park would be completely alien to him.
The need to win every game will be unbearable for a guy who had his best season with a team who won 26 out of 46 matches in the Championship.
He may well take it now who knows. If you look at Pedro for example (and I know he was next level of shit) he started very poorly and it just piled the pressure on in the summer. Imagine Howe takes it now has a few shaky results in the league and possibly the cup then gets pumped out the qualifiers, he would be under immense pressure. Either way, least we’re in agreement that he would crack.

They need to do something because they need to sell season tickets so getting in someone like Eddie Howe would give them hope.
The thing is, I don't think he has the stomach for it.

Howe would cost a lot of money and would be expecting a large transfer budget. He is also far from a top quality coach that has no experience dealing with the expectation levels at a big club

Howe would be similar to the Brendan appointment. An unemployed manager waiting on a good offer.
The difference this time is we are in a far better position than when Rodgers came in.
Howe or whoever they bring in won’t have it as easy as Rodgers

I’ve heard that he tried to resign on Tuesday but it wasn’t accepted by Liewell, he obviously thinks keeping him there to divert abuse towards him it’s not working
Not a chance he’s walking away from £2.4 million a year

there’s was chat on Clyde (I know) about giving him next season to rebuild and start again B-D

Howe doesn’t strike me as someone who would take the Dhims job. Especially right now. His stock in England is still reasonably high and in a few months he will get offers at top end of Championship/lower EPL a lot nearer to home.

I think he'll see the season out now....there's nothing to recover. He might chuck it but that would take integrity and he has none....

I previously thought so too but it’s becoming so toxic for their board. I think they must act and send a signal that change is happening otherwise, watching us stroll to a league win, while they struggle for second with a seriously pissed off squad and management team is going to see season ticket sales plummet and requests for this seasons money back increase.

Lets hope the continue with Lenny but I just don’t see it

Last edited:
Not a chance he’s walking away from £2.4 million a year

there’s was chat on Clyde (I know) about giving him next season to rebuild and start again B-D

It was Gary Holt who said that. He is the only person i've heard who thinks Lennon should be given the chance to rebuild the team.

Howe would basically be Warburton and at best early doors Gerrard. Playing decent passing football and trying to get to grips with the physical league. Not losing but struggling to break sides down and dropping lots of points in draws.

That's before you add in Celtic needing a complete rebuild and Howe's notoriously bad eye for a player. Out the gates they are losing Édouard, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham, Laxalt, Duffy, Elyounouusi and Brown. Then the likes of Julien, McGregor, Frimpong, etc could all want away for a fresh challenge.

The money they make from those sales isn't going to cover this seasons losses, a complete squad rebuild and next seasons losses. They are basically going to have to buy 8-10 players on the cheap. If they get their recruitment wrong again this summer it could be a very long few years for them.

Would be surprised if Eddie Howe were to move up here especially with all the pressure, hassle and baggage coming with that job.
Why do that when you could probably land a job much nearer home without the levels of aggravation.
If say Roy Hodgson were to decide to call it a day at Crystal Palace at the end of the season that type of job would probably be a good fit for Howe.

I hope they do indeed keep TLB until the summer so he can bear witness to 55.
It's what he deserves.

I think they probably will put Kennedy in temporary charge after we pump them the next time though.

Their hoardes are already broken as it is.
And we should savour every bit of it.

Nah they have turned on Kennedy as well. He's the defensive coach and they couldnae keep weans oot a close. My bets on Strachan and his old man until the end of the season and announce some Paddy or other to sell season tickets. The blessed Martin and Keane.

Don't think the manky hordes will fall for it and season ticket uptake will be low.

Reactions: cav
I previously thought so too but it’s becoming so toxic for their board. I think they must act and send a signal that change is happening otherwise, watching us stroll to a league win, while they struggle for second with a seriously pissed off squad and management team is going to see season ticket sales plummet and requests for this seasons money back increase.

Lets hope the continue with Lenny but I just don’t see it

Personally think Lawwell's played his cards and they have nowhere to go....behind the scenes the search for fanny baws replacement will have started but unless he can talk Lennon into resigning then I think they will just dour it out....the obvious time for Lennon to go was a week or two before the SC final....after that it's semantics.....it is inevitable but Lennons a toxic prick works both ways he would shit on them as quick as they can play a victim card.

Whatever way you look at it they are looking at a plane wreck with a tube of superglue as a solution.

Back