Lennon

Fair play to Lennon there btw

I think it’s been known that away from football he’s supposed to be quite a pleasant guy

He’s pure pantomime when it comes to football and has certainly over stepped the mark many times but he’s not someone who gets under my skin.

My pet hate in life is arrogance and rudeness and to be fair to Lennon he seems to be very courteous to most he has dealings with.

(Tin hat welded to my head)

It shows that putting rivalry aside there is a certain amount of respect between the two clubs (or certainly was historically). Like veterans of opposing forces. Often in the Old Firm the strangeness and intensity of the game is a bond that they have in common that almost noone else has. A begrudging respect. After what Nando went through and how he fought how could any rivalry matter any more, the man earned the respect of every man woman and child.

which is why what the Record and BBC reported was so utterly abhorrent.

He’s pure pantomime when it comes to football and has certainly over stepped the mark many times but he’s not someone who gets under my skin.

My pet hate in life is arrogance and rudeness and to be fair to Lennon he seems to be very courteous to most he has dealings with.

I think the wider issue is that we, same as them and the same as lots of football supporters (and indeed people in general) tend to view things in life in absolutes. People are either one thing or the other. Good or bad, black and white, etc. The reality is most things / people are anything but. Sometimes it takes difficult circumstances to remind us of that.

Ive only seen 3 comments laughing at FR FROM celtic fans... 99.9% are all klass comments from them
Lets not start picking holes ffs
I do believe that the Tim's in general will be respectful. You'll always get the odd attention seeking dumpling on social media. The sheep on the other hand, I genuinely despise more than the average mentally challenged. Just a support with no redeeming features at all. And I would actually expect disgusting comments from the horrible cunts.

Probably the first time and only time I will say this; but credit to Lennon. A very fitting tribute to Fernando. I’m sure everyone at the club and Fernandos friends/family appreciate his words.

Most of us tend to forget that whilst there are great rivalries between players on the park, in 99% of cases there is also a huge amount of respect between them off it. We get so wrapped up in fan rivalries off the park that it takes over and automatically assume that players are the same.

It shouldn’t really come as a surprise that TLB made sincere heartfelt comments. Any professional who doesn’t echo or feel the same as TLB on a day like today shouldn’t be involved in the game

I’ve always hated the brand of rivalry O’Neill reintroduced to Glasgow. Lennon was very much a part of that, and he played his part.

However, I’ve found myself mellowing towards him since he got the Celtic job for the second time. He seems less antagonistic and more diplomatic.

Maybe this is another watershed moment.

I hope so.

I didn't hear it and don't want to hear anything he has to say as he for me doesn't mean a word of what he has said. Everyone at Celtic doesn't want to send their condolences to Fernando's family because they just last week wouldnt apologies for their fan's disgusting comments on social media about him that nacho highlighted.

Even tonight, there is a Scum fan on twitter mocking Fernando's death. They are only saying what they think they should say.

just not the females he has threatened or Leanne Dempster at Hibs or us when he was screaming we are Orange bast*rds and spitting on our scarf or on a video sunging we are shit!

Most of us tend to forget that whilst there are great rivalries between players on the park, in 99% of cases there is also a huge amount of respect between them off it. We get so wrapped up in fan rivalries off the park that it takes over and automatically assume that players are the same.

It shouldn’t really come as a surprise that TLB made sincere heartfelt comments. Any professional who doesn’t echo or feel the same as TLB on a day like today shouldn’t be involved in the game
I think you are right in the most part. Rather randomly me and the mrs ended up walking down edmiston drive on our way back with Barry Ferguson after a game at their pit (think it was the 3-3 de boer instant equaliser). Ferguson was covered in wee cuts and scratches all over his neck and face, he was a bit of a mess if truth be told. The mrs asked did he not hate those matches and he replied he hates them but loves playing against them. I'd say it's fairly sure barring a few players who will properly hate each other that at their level, respect for each other is fairly common.

It has to be said that at this sad time football allegiances take a back seat, I therefore would like to commend both Celtic and Neil Lennon for the fine tributes they gave to Fernando.

Don't get carried away but credit where credit's due. Lennon can be very polite and plausible when he has time to think and prepare himself.
He is still a hateful bigot underneath the veneer and it won't be long until the mask slips again. But of course his media minders will cover up any wrongdoings on his part.

Back