Lennon

The man who spat on a Rangers scarf and called Rangers fans 'dirty Orange Bastards'. I will pass on this theme of 'ach that Neil Lennon is no so bad after all'.

Just when I think I’m mellowing in my old age, he often makes me loathe him as much as ever. His celebration with Thumbheid when they went 2-0 up the other week....it was a disgrace. I don’t think I’ve seen any comment passed on it anywhere.

However it would be disingenuous if I said I didn’t think his words yesterday were sincere and heartfelt.

Geez peace.

There's no chance all of them would be as magnanimous as that. Fine words and tribute from Lennon.

Have a bit of decorum.

Exactly. Just look at some of the “tributes” in the printed media for starters - full of spite.

I know none of us like Lennon but I think he spoke from the heart today. He shared a pitch with Fernando and must be of similar age - you’d have to have a heart of stone to not appreciate the fight he put up against that terrible disease.

I cannot say anything other than well said Neil Lennon. Im am not saying we have him wrong but in this moment he has surpassed himself and made a dignified and appropriate statement. Was obviously genuine as well.

We are quick to call out the bad, we should also praise the good when due.

Fair play

Compare and contrast to the man who has an opinion on everything, Michael Stewart, who has failed to say a single thing about Fernando, even more sad as he would have played in that era, speaks volumes Michael you prick

Yes,we can slate him for things he's done and said regarding rangers,but I'm going to give credit for this.
Lets be honest,if rangers players done the same things to wind them up,they'd be treated to hero status.

We all love the gazza pic of playing the flute and many a place has the framed pic of it.

Yes,we can slate him for things he's done and said regarding rangers,but I'm going to give credit for this.
Lets be honest,if rangers players done the same things to wind them up,they'd be treated to hero status.

We all love the gazza pic of playing the flute and many a place has the framed pic of it.

I'm totally bemused by the "fair play" and "credit to him" replies to his comments on Fernando.

What else would he say as the tramps manager when asked on Fernando's passing?
For me, I didn't believe a word that came out his mouth and think he said what he thought he should say and not what he really thinks.

I'm totally bemused by the "fair play" and "credit to him" replies to his comments on Fernando.

What else would he say as the tramps manager when asked on Fernando's passing?
For me, I didn't believe a word that came out his mouth and think he said what he thought he should say and not what he really thinks.

Everyone can make their own mind up on the sincerity of Lennon's words yesterday.

Just because you disagree and have a different opinion doesn't mean they're wrong.

Sometimes we've just got to take what people say for what it is and not bother looking for a negative. It was a dreadful and sad end for a young man and his family without any need for bickering about it.
Just let it be. Apart from the usual scumbags on half witter,most have been kind with their words and if that comforts his nearest,that's good enough for me

I’ve always hated the brand of rivalry O’Neill reintroduced to Glasgow. Lennon was very much a part of that, and he played his part.

However, I’ve found myself mellowing towards him since he got the Celtic job for the second time. He seems less antagonistic and more diplomatic.

Maybe this is another watershed moment.

I hope so.
Ive noticed that to seems less confrontational ,also noticed when giving interviews he mentions us by name doesn't play that game Tierney and thumheid and others play in refusing to say Rangers to please the groin brigade
Respect to him with his words for Fernando and today at Ibrox seemed genuinely moved by the display .
Well done the fans giving him and liewell a clap for their gesture ( BTW the press would have loved some idiot to abuse them).
Also noticed Lennon said thankyou to the fans for the applause

Maybe just me and possibly speaking out of turn but it's not sitting right with me. Media and many people seem to be focused on the oh look how nice celtic and lennon are rather than the tragic event. Then again I have become very cynical over the past 7 years or so.

Maybe just me and possibly speaking out of turn but it's not sitting right with me. Media and many people seem to be focused on the oh look how nice celtic and lennon are rather than the tragic event. Then again I have become very cynical over the past 7 years or so.
Aye it’s just you mate.
I get the cynicism but Lennon and Celtic have been very classy through this.

Going to go and get some mouthwash now

I’m genuinely all for mellowing towards Lennon and IRAceltic in general and have really really tried many times in the past. Id truly love to have a rivalry like other clubs without the downright wickedness and hate that emanates from IRAceltic and their fans. However I’ve had that benefit of the doubt, that hand of friendship and willing naivety shoved right down my throat so many times by Lennon and the scum. They are habitual agitators and are driven by a level of hate of all we stand for that we can’t comprehend. Within a week or so they will revert to type and the mask will slip again. I honestly wish I was wrong because people like Lennon could make a big positive impact on the sectarian issues surrounding the clubs but sadly history has shown that he / they are incapable and unwilling to compromise and alter their behaviour. Sad but predictable.

I’m genuinely all for mellowing towards Lennon and IRAceltic in general and have really really tried many times in the past. Id truly love to have a rivalry like other clubs without the downright wickedness and hate that emanates from IRAceltic and their fans. However I’ve had that benefit of the doubt, that hand of friendship and willing naivety shoved right down my throat so many times by Lennon and the scum. They are habitual agitators and are driven by a level of hate of all we stand for that we can’t comprehend. Within a week or so they will revert to type and the mask will slip again. I honestly wish I was wrong because people like Lennon could make a big positive impact on the sectarian issues surrounding the clubs but sadly history has shown that he / they are incapable and unwilling to compromise and alter their behaviour. Sad but predictable.
Of course it’s predictable, and to be completely honest I quite like the hatred and the hostility. Sectarianism aside, it’s good to have a fierce bitter rival.

No one is asking our fans to suddenly think the sun shines out their clubs arse. No one on either side is asking to make amends for all the wrongs which have been done. No one thinks that this is going to be an end to the bitterness and rivalry.

But for the next 72-96 hours and for the 72-96 hours previous, we expect all that to be laid aside. The same as it was for Baxter / Burns etc etc. We expect them to show decency and decorum. The same as I would urge our club and fans to do if the shoe was on the other foot, which it has been recently and our club also showed class. I have no issue with applauding them for the respect which they have carried out. And I would expect that they do the same for us

It doesn’t mean everything is forgotten. But at this terrible time human decency kicks in for 99% of people

He’s pure pantomime when it comes to football and has certainly over stepped the mark many times but he’s not someone who gets under my skin.

My pet hate in life is arrogance and rudeness and to be fair to Lennon he seems to be very courteous to most he has dealings with.

(Tin hat welded to my head)

I dont think you need the tin hat.

I have said this before about Lennon but when he is not managing or playing for a team he comes across as quite decent. When he does punditry I actually think he is pretty good.

When he is on the sideline though, the lad is a monster and he is one of my most disliked football personalities.

Lennon said some nice things about Fernando. This does not change the fact that Lennon is the worse thing to happen to Scottish football, he is poison and make no mistake he hates us and like his pal Liewell would love to see us go under. So thank you for showing respect to Fernando but my opinion of you hasn't changed Mr Lennon.

I didn't hear it and don't want to hear anything he has to say as he for me doesn't mean a word of what he has said. Everyone at Celtic doesn't want to send their condolences to Fernando's family because they just last week wouldnt apologies for their fan's disgusting comments on social media about him that nacho highlighted.

Even tonight, there is a Scum fan on twitter mocking Fernando's death. They are only saying what they think they should say.
Why would you want them to apologise when you don't listen to a word they say?

I’m no Celtic cheerleader but they have conducted themselves well over Fernando. The Bears who were at Ibrox yesterday when Lennon called clearly acknowledged the respect being shown

Back