Leon Balogun Tweet.

He took a knock when he won us a throw in the corner late in 1st half. I assume he was ok? Might be why he was subbed?

Think it was more the booking he was on was my thinking?
My first though when Balogun was booked was to replace him at half time with Patterson.

Nathan needs experience at this level as he is now, barring some sort of remarkable recovery from Tav. our RB for the first leg of a European last 16 tie.

I may be wrong but assumed it was for this reason alone, unless any post match references have been made to an injury.

Gerrard said after the game there was a slight muscle problem, but I think that might have been to protect the player a bit. He didnt have a great half and was on a yellow, so either way it was the right decision to sub him

Lukaku was having a field day and looking very dangerous first half against Balogun. A knock and yellow card wasn't going to help the situation.

Thought Patterson did fantastic. As evidence by how little they were getting at us down that side after halftime.

Gerrard said after the game there was a slight muscle problem, but I think that might have been to protect the player a bit. He didnt have a great half and was on a yellow, so either way it was the right decision to sub him
I think added to that he is suspended for the next round, with a likely SFA ban heading Patterson’s way then it was probably sensible to give him the 2nd half before the next round where he will likely half to play unless Tav recovers.

Oh, I just just wish we had a full stadium for these games. Breaks my heart that some of our best moments are being played out in an empty, silent stadium.

Back