Leon Balogun

Tav, Goldson, Balgoun, Bassey should be the back four every game until either Helander is fit or we draw a minnow in the Scottish Cup.

He is a very good defender that can also play fb the only one at the club,he should be first pick every week wether fil is fit or not..imo.

He is a very good defender that can also play fb the only one at the club,he should be first pick every week wether fil is fit or not..imo.
As long as he's the form player

Neither one is that much better than the other that they just start regardless of context

Two centre halves were excellent last night. Both picking passes, defending high balls, comfortable on the deck. I know Livi never really posed a threat, but that was mostly due to the way Balogun and Goldson performed.

There was never an issue with Balogun. He simply played poorly in a couple of matches, as did our entire team (bar Davis and Helander).

The same folk that were giving him grief will be saying he’s not good enough when he has his next shiit game.

Same with Goldson - as soon as he is poor again, it’ll be because of his contract. When he’s playing well, it’s not because of his contract.

Balogun and Goldson were in poor form, like everybody else (bar Davis and Helander). Their form has picked up a little, like everybody else’s has.

When they next play poorly, I still believe that both are good enough. No bi-polar, loyal.

When you consider what we’ve gotten out of Balogun who we signed on a free and is probably on middle of the road wages for us.

And look at the money spent across the city to bring in Starfelt and Duffy

It would be hard to say that Balogun has been anything other than an excellent value signing.

I never watched the Malmö game back, but from what I remember I came way from the game feeling that he wasn’t solely responsible for the goals, and in the aftermath I always felt he was hard done by.

I really like him and think he’s quality.

For a free transfer he has been an excellent signing. He has his bad games like every player, but most of the time he has been a very solid cb.

I like Balogun and think he is a cracking defender and at least on a par with Goldson in terms of defending - think Conor is a better passer.

Probably more comfortable on the right side of the central defence but I have absolutely no issue with him. Such a shame Helander is injured - any combination of those three is solid.

He has the odd off game, like the vast majority of players, but generally he's solid. To balance the odd off games, he also has some outstanding performances, like he did against that mob.

Great player to have, miles ahead of Simpson in every department.

I think the reason for the recent frustrations with Balogun are clear. Simple case of him not being as good as Helander but being picked ahead of him in key games and it coming back to bite us. But even then that’s not the players fault.

My worry is he almost does too much, as I think at times he covers for Goldson.
Which then leaves him open to criticism if things go wrong.
Goldson still suffers from lapses of concentration. Like seasons past.

I saw Balogun cover against Malmo at home.A few times.
But still got the main share of the blame for both goals, whilst others escaped blame, and were equally if not more culpable in my opinion.

Also he plays on the left, and is a natural right sided defender.Never easy.
Simpson was bought for cover to Helander.
Another natural left sided defender.

I will leave it at that.

I think the reason for the recent frustrations with Balogun are clear. Simple case of him not being as good as Helander but being picked ahead of him in key games and it coming back to bite us. But even then that’s not the players fault.
So you think a natural left side defender is better on the left, than natural right sided defender on the left?

I would hope Helander is!

Back