Leon Balogun

Having not played 30 games in a season other than in the German 3rd division, he must be one of the most astute signings of recent times. A good example of a late bloomer and a great fit for the right club at the right time. You can tell he loves playing for us.

Having not played 30 games in a season other than in the German 3rd division, he must be one of the most astute signings of recent times. A good example of a late bloomer and a great fit for the right club at the right time. You can tell he loves playing for us.
I don't want to bring negativity into the thread, but there were many who had written him off before a ball was kicked.

He is an excellent example of never judging a player by his career prior to signing or by who we sign a player from.

I've never understood the criticism he's had on here at times
I know he can be a bit ragged occasionally - but seriously - these occasions really are few & far between

Even then - the poorer games he seems to have often occur when others aren't quite on their game at the same time anyway
So picking him out for critiscism isn't always justified IMO

I feel safe when he plays - he really is a cracking player who always works hard, never hides & isn't given anything like the credit he deserves IMO

Thank God he was fit today and put that performance in.
I was dreading seeing Simpson in there but less concerned, but still a bit worried, about big Shirley.

He has been absolutely superb since the Old Firm game. Hardly put a foot wrong.

Always willing to get stuck in and put his body on the line.

What a brilliant free transfer he has been.
Totally agree,big Leon has been superb,just wish he was a couple of years younger. Love his attitude for the badge as well. Delighted also for young Hagi, he worked well, hopefully he can bring those performances consistently.

Given the uncertainty over the future of Goldson and with Helander injured and question marks over the future of Simpson and Katic would be worthwhile getting Leon signed up for another season.

Finally a few more seeing the light with this ;)

I think the majority of us value him highly mate.

As usual, the noisy minority on here make it seem a bit different, just as they've done recently with Lundstram, Tav, Goldson, Roofe, etc etc.

They must always have a scapegoat to satisfy their blame culture.

Are you Martin Bain?
He is 33
Should only be getting annual contracts at that age
Very unlikely he would go anywhere else if we offered him a contract

No, I'm not Martin Bain. o_O

I take it you're not a fan of McGregor, Defoe or Davis?

Balogun is a spring chicken compared to all three, but posters on here reckon they're the players to deliver 56.

We rave about 39 and 40 year olds but condemn a player in his prime to short term contracts?

Give him another year extension & then see what he wants to do. Someone mentioned above that he'd like to finish his career back in Germany.

As a defender he is not as good as Helander - but he has been superb and when called upon very very rarely lets us down.

a superb bit of business on a free.

If he’s looking to go back to Berlin, would he get a game for union or hertha?

He’s been brilliant to have around the squad. An articulate and intelligent bloke that clearly has an influence on the Nigerian boys.

2 year extension. He's got so few miles on the clock, plus at 33 he's still our fastest CB. Big man has the ability to play for years yet if he wants.

I don't want to bring negativity into the thread, but there were many who had written him off before a ball was kicked.

He is an excellent example of never judging a player by his career prior to signing or by who we sign a player from.

There was many who wrote him off before this season started despite his contributions to our defensive record last season.

Back