Leon Balogun

As likeable as he is we need to manage the development of King and sands which can only be done through game time so would be against a new contract. I hope he finds the right move for him and good to see what the club means to our ex players. Blue 4 life

One of my mates saw him in the town the other week and had a chat and a photo.

Said he was an absolute gentleman, I loved big Leon.

If I’m hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen and know he’s still around Scotland and seemingly happy here I’m talking to him and making an offer. Certainly the Edinburgh clubs he could stay where he is and play for them and I’d say be their best defender.
Was thinking this earlier, for some reason I see him at Hearts.

Here we have a thread that is a year old to the day -

"Balogun is worse than Konterman"

"Reminiscent of Duffy"

"Bombscare"

Then we have James Sands, a 22-year-old who, while not the finished article and is ropey on the ball at times, done alright and shows signs of potential. He might not be the answer right now, but someone with a ceiling like him, or a 34-year-old who is on paper as being unable to play two games per week?

Find it odd he's still staying in Scotland tbh.
Why would you move if you didnt have a job? Pay to take on a new flat in a random country to then probably get a deal somewhere else

"Reminiscent of Duffy"

"Bombscare"

Then we have James Sands, a 22-year-old who, while not the finished article and is ropey on the ball at times, done alright and shows signs of potential. He might not be the answer right now, but someone with a ceiling like him, or a 34-year-old who is on paper as being unable to play two games per week?
Football fans in nonsense opinions shocker

Should have been kept

At the club right now only Goldson is better than him IMO

I’d have Balogun over Sands, Souttar, Helander and Davies right now

Only he and Bassey had genuine pace at the back. Now we have no pace.

The same Balogun who got rinsed by Colak at the same stage last year. Yeah, let's get him back.

Move on ffs.
and this where we thankfully differ. You look to the negative. I'll look to the positive and see you with his game at RB where he owned the Japanese Superstar.

"Reminiscent of Duffy"

"Bombscare"

Here we have a comment about colak that is maybe 4 hours old (give or take a wee bit) :
Don't want to ever see him start a game as the loan striker again.

Funny how opinions are formed eh.

Why would you move if you didnt have a job? Pay to take on a new flat in a random country to then probably get a deal somewhere else

Scotland isn't his home and didn't he say he wanted to go back to Germany to play?

Can't imagine fannying about playing 5 a sides with random middle aged Scottish guys is doing his career any favours.

Here we have a comment about colak that is maybe 4 hours old (give or take a wee bit) :

Funny how opinions are formed eh.

Don't see how these things are related? I said I think Colak has something to offer, just not as a lone striker. Would be the equivalent of saying I want Balogun to play as a sweeper.

Sands is the ultimate downgrade CB for me atm obviously. I was shocked that Balogun wasn't kept but I would be even more shocked if he returned. I think it will ultimately be a battle between Davies and Souttar soon enough...

Scotland isn't his home and didn't he say he wanted to go back to Germany to play?

Can't imagine fannying about playing 5 a sides with random middle aged Scottish guys is doing his career any favours.
Home? He's been in the uk for years. Why pay for two places?

Yes at the end of his career.

No odd at all

Maybe he enjoys living in Glasgow and whilst he hasn’t got a club he wants to stick around. He has lived in the UK for a while now. Nothing really odd about it. For all the pish you hear, Scotland is a great country to live in. Glasgow is a decent city.

Big Leon was a class act on and off the park and clearly has a great love for our club. I hope the big fella gets fixed up with a new club very soon. Leon will always be a member of the big Rangers family. Cheers big man!

I’m not up for bringing him back we’ve got Goldson, Davies, souttar and sands, with king as further back up. No real room for him in the squad. Davies will go on to show he’s a better player and better suited to the lcb role. Souttar and sands are good back ups.

People seem to have forgotten that the big man couldn’t play 3 games in a week, was struggling with two at the end of the season, can’t really have that for us. As well as that last season he did have some real howlers.

Didn't realise until after the game that he was a couple rows behind me in MFF. I wonder if he got tickets from a players allocation and that's where they are usually allocated in the ground?

Based on his GF Instagram, I think they’re going soon

Who does he play for now?
He was good enough last season he isn’t good enough now , the revision of this man’s time at Ibrox is incredible. Yes , he loved it, yes he loved the fans but he wasn’t a very good centerback.
That’s you and Louch then….

Just a fantastic big guy who bought into everything very quickly.

Got all the time in the world for Balogun.

It’s early days for everyone but Sands, Souttar & Davies have work to do to prove they will make bigger contributions to the cause than Balogun.

Should have been kept

At the club right now only Goldson is better than him IMO

I’d have Balogun over Sands, Souttar, Helander and Davies right now

Only he and Bassey had genuine pace at the back. Now we have no pace.
Sands is a rapidly improving player. Every game he gets stronger and more confident. That only comes with playing games.
Balogan was a great signing but has his limitations and can only deteriorate. Keep him and one more barrier for Sands and King to get games.

Need to move on club made right call.

Back