Leroy Sane to Bayern agreed £54m

Will be a good signing. Only question marks are over his fitness but once he's up to speed he'll be frightening in that side.

Big rebuilding job needed at city.

Silva going, Sane going, Aguero and Fernandinho getting on. Still haven’t properly replaced Kompany either.
Will be Interesting to see what Pep does.

Rebuilding? Are you crazy? Their first 11 even without any signings right now looks something like this:

Edison

Walker
Laporte
Stones
Mendy

Rodri
Gundogan
De Bruyne

B. Silva
Sterling
Aguero

That's not including Foden who is a special talent and the likes of Mahrez and Jesus.

If City sign Koulibaly and Chilwell or similar quality players of that ilk then they'll be just fine.

Rebuilding? Are you crazy? Their first 11 even without any signings right now looks something like this:

Edison

Walker
Laporte
Stones
Mendy

Rodri
Gundogan
De Bruyne

B. Silva
Sterling
Aguero

That's not including Foden who is a special talent and the likes of Mahrez and Jesus.

If City sign Koulibaly and Chilwell or similar quality players of that ilk then they'll be just fine.

They need upgrades of Rodri, Stones and Mendy at the least.

Thing is, because City's squad is so big, they already have replacements at the club for most of these. Foden can take Silva's place, Rodri has already taken Fernandihno's place, they have Jesus who can play instead of Aguero, and already have Sterling & Mahrez wide instead of Sane. They will likely target someone like Koulibaly this summer for Kompany.

Don't get me wrong, the players that are leaving are class, I'm just pointing out there won't be big gaping holes yet. And that's not including who else they will sign this window and next.

Man City will win the league next season.

The madness of todays transfer market. in his final year and get that amount of money is mental. There must be a big boom at somepoint for these big spenders

Man City will win the league next season.

I think if they get say Koulibaly on his own they have a good chance, add any more like a Chilwell or an Auoar they would be in even better shape.

Main thing would be to have a proper settled partnership in defence again. People underestimate greatly what that's worth.

Last edited:
German international wants to play for Germany biggest club. I also think that Pep could be a bit intense for some players.

Sane was a fantastic player at City. However, more often than not, Pep seemed to prefer Sterling over Sane in that left-sided attacking role, using the latter more as an impact sub which no doubt contributed to Sane wanting to move on. His addition to Bayern will make them into an even more formidable side - a dynasty in the making.

I think if they get say Koulibaly on his own they have a good chance, add any more like a Chilwell or an Auoar they would be in even better shape.

Main thing would be to have a proper settled partnership in defence again. People underestimate greatly what that's worth.

I don't think Liverpool will carry the same luck as they have had with injuries the past two seasons. They haven't lost Allison, VVD, Mane or Salah for any length of time at all. They are nowhere near as good without any of them. City have lost KDB and LaPorte for huge chunks of the last two seasons.

German international wants to play for Germany biggest club. I also think that Pep could be a bit intense for some players.
Nearly doubling his wages might have helped too. Had City really wanted him to stay then he would be staying. He was never going to be a guaranteed starter every week for Man City unless they moved on Sterling and/or Bernardo Silva.

Rodri does his job and he’s Fernandes’ replacement whether I or you rate him or not, and they’ve needed a top class centre back and a left back for years. But it’s hardly a rebuild that’s needed there.

I don't think Liverpool will carry the same luck as they have had with injuries the past two seasons. They haven't lost Allison, VVD, Mane or Salah for any length of time at all. They are nowhere near as good without any of them. City have lost KDB and LaPorte for huge chunks of the last two seasons.

Allison was out for a good spell at start of the season.

There's stories of Barcelona players being relieved when Guardiola said he was leaving because of this intensity, he never ever switched off.

A player wanting to move and in the last year of his contract, been injured all season and in this present climate,,54 million isnt a bad deal for city
c6OyDcj.gif

Good signing for Bayern, just a pity he's missed most of the past year with injury.

Gnabry and Sane either side of Lewandowski is an exciting prospect.

It’s mental that Muller is only 30, what a player and in his prime.

He really did rip Spurs a new one when they played recently.
One of the most intelligent footballers I’ve ever seen. A seriously top player who has made Kovac, Ancelotti and Low look like idiots. A Makelele type player in the sense that you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.

I promise I’m not Joey Barton.

One of the most intelligent footballers I’ve ever seen. A seriously top player who has made Kovac, Ancelotti and Low look like idiots. A Makelele type player in the sense that you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.

I promise I’m not Joey Barton.

He’s amazing. The only thing missing from his medals is the European Championship, a proper player.

Back