Less Than 100 Games but Fondly Remembered

Mark Falco been mentioned 19 games 10 goals big guy had a fantastic first touch but he was no Hateley
I remember being distinctly underwhelmed when mark Falconwas announced as the new striker.. aware of him from his time at Spurs but he didn’t seem enough for my 12yr old head.

He did alright but I think the story was that his family didn’t settle.

Won a League Cup, scored against Dynamo Kiev and I’m sure he had a wonderful 6mths though!

We have a list of Legends throughout our history with 400, 500, 600 plus appearances.
but there has been quite a few with less than 100 appearances for us over the years though that we still remember fondly.

I'll start with

Sam English 1931-33 (79 Games, 70 Goals)

Ray Wilkins 1987-89 (96)

Alex Willoughby 1962-69 (97)
A superb Inside Forward who seemed to be with us throughout the 1960's decade, and never let us down
Genuinely surprised Alex Willoughby didnt make 100 games for us, Mo. as you say he seemed a mainstay throughout the 60s. I'm guessing there were quite a few occasions he never made it off the bench

Genuinely surprised Alex Willoughby didnt make 100 games for us, Mo. as you say he seemed a mainstay throughout the 60s. I'm guessing there were quite a few occasions he never made it off the bench
We only had subs in his last three seasons at Ibrox, so I don't know how many times he would have been an unused sub, but he did get 5 appearances as a sub (3 of them were v Airdrie).
I always thought he was a very under appreciated player, who had outstanding ability, and should have been the perfect replacement for Ian McMillan.
For whatever reason, he always seemed to be sacrificed for the games v Celtic, at the expense of a Bobby Watson, or a similar more physical type.
He faced Clyde 10 times (8 Goals) Aberdeen 9 times, yet in his 10 years at the the club he only faced Celtic one time, which was as many times as he faced Real Madrid!

Jesus, wee Miami only played 23 times, I always thought he'd played more than that.
Vladimir Weiss actually played 35 games, 22 Starts and 13 off the bench, but yes, I thought he played more games than that for us.
I'll always remember his impressive debut against Hibs.

We have a list of Legends throughout our history with 400, 500, 600 plus appearances.
but there has been quite a few with less than 100 appearances for us over the years though that we still remember fondly.

I'll start with

Sam English 1931-33 (79 Games, 70 Goals)

Ray Wilkins 1987-89 (96)

Alex Willoughby 1962-69 (97)
A superb Inside Forward who seemed to be with us throughout the 1960's decade, and never let us down
I've always strongly believed that, if Scot Symon had played him in Nuremberg, we'd have won the ECWC.

Alan Mclaren. A fantastic player. IIRC he was captain the game we won 9IAR at Tannadice. A big champion. He scored a free kick that Albertz would have been proud of. ( 25 secs. In)

Last edited:
Back