Less Than 100 Games but Fondly Remembered

We have a list of Legends throughout our history with 400, 500, 600 plus appearances.
but there has been quite a few with less than 100 appearances for us over the years though that we still remember fondly.

I'll start with

Sam English 1931-33 (79 Games, 70 Goals)

Ray Wilkins 1987-89 (96)

Alex Willoughby 1962-69 (97)
A superb Inside Forward who seemed to be with us throughout the 1960's decade, and never let us down

Rhino Gatusso thought he was great throughout his career and I know alot of bears speak highly of him.

Would Frank De Boer be one, shit show of a season & a bit before my team?.
I enjoyed seeing Frank De Boer playing for us.

He was no doubt past his best and it showed at times, but other times you could still see the quality he had.

Plus he enjoyed scoring against the sheep shaggers

So Andy Dibble isn't fondly remembered ! You weren't at that game, were you
No, I wasn't at the game caller B-)

No Negri?
and why isn’t Dibble a serious call?
Had Negri left after 1 season, he might well have been fondly remembered.
Collecting a healthy wage for 4 years, whilst giving us 6 months service, left a sour taste in most of us, I would imagine.

Following Andy Dibble's debut in that 1-0 win v Celtic, we had an 8 point lead with just 6 games to play.
We dropped 9 points in those remaining 6 games (3 defeats), which was as many as we had lost in the previous 30 games.
Fortunately for us, Celtic won only 3 of their 6 games, and drew the other 3.
A Goalkeeper with a grand total of only 7 appearances, of which 3 were defeats to much weaker opposition, is not fondly remembered by me.
Just my opinion.

Had Negri left after 1 season, he might well have been fondly remembered.
Collecting a healthy wage for 4 years, whilst giving us 6 months service, left a sour taste in most of us, I would imagine.

Following Andy Dibble's debut in that 1-0 win v Celtic, we had an 8 point lead with just 6 games to play.
We dropped 9 points in those remaining 6 games (3 defeats), which was as many as we had lost in the previous 30 games.
Fortunately for us, Celtic won only 3 of their 6 games, and drew the other 3.
A Goalkeeper with a grand total of only 7 appearances, of which 3 were defeats to much weaker opposition, is not fondly remembered by me.
Just my opinion.
Those are all excellent points.

Just saying that I know many who have a soft spot for them both. Dibble, after all, got a 9IAR tattoo! lol

Bobby Watson 79 (7) (1964-69)
A great servant for Rangers during difficult times.
Even when he was not a regular, he always seemed to get the nod for the Celtic games, usually at the expense of a Willoughby or the likes.
Watson faced Celtic seven times in his Rangers career, and was only ever on the losing side once,
in that ridiculous 66-67 League Cup Final, that Rangers were well and truly robbed of, when Watson scored a perfectly good goal, that to this day some 55 years later, I know not why.

Jim Stewart.

Outstanding in a poor team when he first signed.

Outstanding in the 1981 SC Final. (the 0-0 game, not the replay0.

Daniel Candeias
Alan Hutton
Jean-Claude Darcheville
Pedro Mendes

Was only 9 or 10, but really enjoyed watching Jeremy Clement strut his stuff at Ibrox. Looked the part.

Left field, but Haris Vuckic put smiles on the faces of bluenoses at a time when we didn’t have much cause for optimism.

Kenny Watson
Maurice Johnston
Alex Ferguson
Charlie Miller
Orjan Persson
Dale Gordon
Kevin Drinkell
Ronald Waterreus
Stewart Kennedy
Martin Henderson
Graham Fyfe
Gregor Stevens

Iain McDonald, only played 14 games for us until he was battered by injury caused by Chris Shevlane of Hibs. A young player of great potential robbed of a great future

Before my time, but heard Alan McLaren spoken about in a good way (future captain etc) & it seems he has less than 100 appearances.

So he can be added I reckon.

Sandy Robertson. Didn’t play many games ,only scored once but was an important goal in my view , think it was Walter’s first game in charge after Souness left. 1.0 v St Mirren .

Back