Let’s be Realistic

Is that right?

We will see at the end of the season who “ hasn’t got a clue “. Much sooner than that about Europe . Get back to me around this time in 3 weeks will you ?

I'm probably not the only one who finds it strange and disturbing that you wish to enlighten us with your wallowing and boasting of your supernatural powers in your perceived failure of our team and manager.
Are you Mystic Meg, or perhaps more closer to the truth.....Timothy in disguise ?.

,....... irrespective..... I'd appreciate this weeks lottery numbers please !

"let me nail that one on the head, we are now out of europe"

Embarrassing and cringeworthy op

Don't watch the last 2 games then

So basically on here unless you think(or pretend to believe) the ridiculous scenario that we are going to win every single game , despite history , experience and our stats in Europe over the years telling us otherwise , you must be either depressed a Tim or embarrassing.

I find it incredible that people refuse to look at things in realistic terms . I find it cringeworthy that people who should and do know better still lie to themselves about still qualifying from the group and still winning the league , when our away form and recent general play point to the exact opposite .

I’ve 45 years of following Rangers good times and bad . I’m not gloom and doom but I know when things aren’t going your way in certain scenarios . Last night’s chopped off goal has cost us qualification from the group and nothing anyone says will change my mind on that.

So basically on here unless you think(or pretend to believe) the ridiculous scenario that we are going to win every single game , despite history , experience and our stats in Europe over the years telling us otherwise , you must be either depressed a Tim or embarrassing.

I find it incredible that people refuse to look at things in realistic terms . I find it cringeworthy that people who should and do know better still lie to themselves about still qualifying from the group and still winning the league , when our away form and recent general play point to the exact opposite .

I’ve 45 years of following Rangers good times and bad . I’m not gloom and doom but I know when things aren’t going your way in certain scenarios . Last night’s chopped off goal has cost us qualification from the group and nothing anyone says will change my mind on that.
What are you actually going on about ? i dont think we will win the league but we still have a chance in the Europa, all the teams in the group have a chance ! if we beat Villareal would it really be the shock of the century ? no it wouldn't !

And telling us all we are out when there are still 2 games to play is embarrassing imo, you dont need to tell other people anything ! let them make their own mind up.

Of course things need to improve if we want to do anything this season and if you read my post last night and for the past few weeks i have said it will be next season before we are a force again, thats my opinion and not one im forcing people to accept.

What are you actually going on about ? i dont think we will win the league but we still have a chance in the Europa, all the teams in the group have a chance ! if we beat Villareal would it really be the shock of the century ? no it wouldn't !

And telling us all we are out when there are still 2 games to play is embarrassing imo, you dont need to tell other people anything ! let them make their own mind up.

Of course things need to improve if we want to do anything this season and if you read my post last night and for the past few weeks i have said it will be next season before we are a force again, thats my opinion and not one im forcing people to accept.

I’m simply reiterating what I said last night , which is realistically a good season would be to win the Scottish cup , finish second in the league , and Europe has already exceeded expectations.

But for that goal being chalked off we could well have qualified for the next round which would’ve been an added bonus .

I’m being realistic but been told on the thread it’s negativity , bed wetting , I must be a Tim etc .

People just do not like to accept the facts as they are and many don’t seem to use history as a way of learning how things generally go .

Of course mathematically we COULD still qualify . Of course we COULD still win the league . But it would take a pretty dramatic , and unrealistic change in form for it to happen .

History tells us it won’t .

Our momentum in Europe is gone . Like I said , we’ve all seen this movie before too many times . Those over 40 will know what I mean.

I’m not being negative I’m being honest .

We won’t beat Villarreal at home or Vienna away . Mark this post and come back to me if I’m wrong .
Frankly, you’re being negative.
Even if there is a good chance of you being correct, it’s srill negative.
In fact, it’s a bawhair away from gloating.

Why can’t we just fucking enjoy the fact despite what you are saying we are going into the last two games with still a good chance of qualifying .as was predicted by the manager when the group was drawn all the teams in it will take points from each other.

I’m simply reiterating what I said last night , which is realistically a good season would be to win the Scottish cup , finish second in the league , and Europe has already exceeded expectations.

But for that goal being chalked off we could well have qualified for the next round which would’ve been an added bonus .

I’m being realistic but been told on the thread it’s negativity , bed wetting , I must be a Tim etc .

People just do not like to accept the facts as they are and many don’t seem to use history as a way of learning how things generally go .

Of course mathematically we COULD still qualify . Of course we COULD still win the league . But it would take a pretty dramatic , and unrealistic change in form for it to happen .

History tells us it won’t .
History has nothing to do with it.
Nothing.
For example, have we ever been in this position in the Europa League?

Frankly, you’re being negative.
Even if there is a good chance of you being correct, it’s srill negative.
In fact, it’s a bawhair away from gloating.

That’s the same rhetoric bosses use in workplaces the world over .

Point out facts or challenge anything ? “ ah you’re being negative “.

It’s the easiest thing in the world to say .

If it makes you feel good that’s fine .

Gloating, is frankly a ridiculous accusation .

We were robbed blind last night, if we win the Scottish cup it’s still been a good first season for the new gaffer , in my opinion we won’t win the league until next season and this years euro campaign while it’s been great is now over .

I’m entitled to that thought and I’ll dismiss your “gloating” accusation as I’ve had worse on the thread already from the “ but but we are Rangers we win every game “ Crew.

We were robbed blind last night, if we win the Scottish cup it’s still been a good first season for the new gaffer , in my opinion we won’t win the league until next season and this years euro campaign while it’s been great is now over .

I’m entitled to that thought and I’ll dismiss your “gloating” accusation as I’ve had worse on the thread already from the “ but but we are Rangers we win every game “ Crew.

I won't even address your post because it a pile of shit, but do you really not know how to use a full stop?

I guess you’re not the boss then.
The easiest thing is to do is be negative and look for reasons, for evidence, to think something can’t be done, it’s unachievable, and tell everybody you’re just being realistic.
Don’t fancy needing you in the trenches.

I guess you’re not the boss then.
The easiest thing is to do is be negative and look for reasons, for evidence, to think something can’t be done, it’s unachievable, and tell everybody you’re just being realistic.
Don’t fancy needing you in the trenches.

It’s called realism . Try it .

When we qualified, I said I didn't care if we finished last, it was progress just being back on this stage. But then the matches come around, and I just hate losing them. :D

Stopped reading when you said we were out of Europe. In that case so are the other 3 teams in our group ffs

It’s called realism . Try it .
It’s qualifying impossible?
(The answer is “no”)
Is qualifying unrealistic?
Could it simply be that my idea of realism, based on the evidence I have seen, read and experienced, just be different from yours?

It’s qualifying impossible?
(The answer is “no”)
Is qualifying unrealistic?
Could it simply be that my idea of realism, based on the evidence I have seen, read and experienced, just be different from yours?

Could well be a fair answer .

We're not out of Europe

Not saying it will happen but if we beat Villareal at home we will give ourselves a phenomenal chance to qualify.

It really is that simple.

Three home games on the bounce now with the last of those against Villareal. Our home form this season suggests we'll make a game of it against them so let's look forward to it.

Aye I'm the saddo :D Coming from a guy who hopes Rangers get knocked out so he can be proved right. Embarrassing.

You’re now on ignore . Your a sad man, full stops ffs . Get a life .

And at no point did I say I hoped we would be put out so your also an out and out liar .

Cheerio.

I think the O.P. is predicting what will happen with experience in mind, and I think he is right. At the end of the group phase we will look back at the Rangers 0 Spartak 0 game and say, you have to win your home games. Of course mathematically we are well in it but I've seen us in similar positions before. Europe has been a surprising success for Rangers, it really is a bonus. We did poorly in the League Cup, are doing reasonably well in the league in our quest to finish 2nd and there is the Scottish Cup where we have a chance to win a trophy.

we've practically revamped the entire team with a rookie manager

we've gone from being pumped by Luxembourgs 4th best to going toe to toe with Russia champions & a decent Spanish side

have we had poor games - yes

we've also had

Injured for many/some games:
Murphy / Dorrans / Coulibaly / Barisic /Lafferty / Kent / Ejaria / Rossiter

last night we were missing our first choice LB, LW & had the 2nd striker out injured

progress has been made, it could be better
it will be

We will agree to disagree .

You don’t think we have a realistic chance of qualifying?

And that’s not being negative?

We might not qualify, but a victory against Villarreal is certainly not without the realms of possibility, ergo to say we have no realistic chance is just defeatist nonsense.

You don’t think we have a realistic chance of qualifying?

And that’s not being negative?

We might not qualify, but a victory against Villarreal is certainly not without the realms of possibility, ergo to say we have no realistic chance is just defeatist nonsense.

No I don’t , and no it’s not .

I’ve said how well we’ve done repeatedly in this thread and others .

I’ve also said it’s churlish to just hit out with “ let’s just beat Villarreal “ etc . It’s just not going to happen no matter how much we want it to . History tells us . Common sense tells us .

No I don’t , and no it’s not .

I’ve said how well we’ve done repeatedly in this thread and others .

I’ve also said it’s churlish to just hit out with “ let’s just beat Villarreal “ etc . It’s just not going to happen no matter how much we want it to . History tells us . Common sense tells us .

What in the love of Nora are you going on about now?

It’s not Barcelona at the Nou Camp, it’s Villarreal at Ibrox, a side we’ve already drawn with in Spain.

They’ll be favourites, but to say we have no chance and then claim you’re not being defeatist is hilarious.

If I were you, I’d bow out of this one mate.

What in the love of Nora are you going on about now?

It’s not Barcelona at the Nou Camp, it’s Villarreal at Ibrox, a side we’ve already drawn with in Spain.

They’ll be favourites, but to say we have no chance and then claim you’re not being defeatist is hilarious.

If I were you, I’d bow out of this one mate.

I’ve been consistent in what I’ve said from the get go and I’m not bowing out .

It’s not difficult to understand - I don’t think we can beat Villarreal , you do . It ends there . You’re not going to convince me otherwise I’m afraid .

We’ve done well , it’s been a fantastic run . Stop and think where we’ve been , just for a minute .

Some people on here really do take thus place and themselves far too serious.
Guy doesn’t think we’re good enough and at this moment in time, guess what? We’re not.
Do I think we’ll end up trophy less at the end of the season? I don’t know but ones things for sure this group and the manager have to start getting the finger out, we need an enormous improvement.

Some people on here really do take thus place and themselves far too serious.
Guy doesn’t think we’re good enough and at this moment in time, guess what? We’re not.

Thank you chief , common sense at last .

Indeed Mr Gerrard himself has just stated we are punching well above our weight in Europe this season .

Put a few smart arses gas at a peep well and truly .

Let me nail that one though - we are now out of Europe.
There’s hope but realistically the leagues gone.

03ezvp0.gif

Beat Villareal and Spartak v Rapid ends a draw and we definitely qualify with a game to spare.

Glass half full loyal.

The last matches would still be all to play for.

In your scenario after round 5 of Matches:

Rfc would be on 8 points.
V/real on 6
S/m on 6
R/v on 5

For us Then not to qualify
Rapid would need to beat us 3-0 or 4-1 etc to top us on head to head
And either Spartak or villareal would need a win to get to 9 points and top the group.

Everything is up for grabs for all clubs in Both rounds of matches I’d say

Back