Let’s raise the roof tomorrow night

It should be a minutes applause , dont give the brain dead amongst that support a chance to ruin a mark of respect.
Get a grip. A minutes applause, the man deserves respect. Silence is the respect we shall give. What is wrong with some people. Worried about how others will act instead of making sure you do the right thing yourself.
Sitting clapping like a seal means nothing to me. Silence and having that minute amongst your own to remember a man who gave myself and many others some of the best days of their lives no doubt.
He was more than just a manager of Rangers FC. He epitomised everything that is The Rangers Football Club. He was the conduit that helped so many others succeed at our great club. Be it Mcleish, Advocaat, Gerrard.
A minutes silence is how Mr Smith should be respected.

Last edited:
It should be a minutes applause , dont give the brain dead amongst that support a chance to ruin a mark of respect.
You do realise that by electing for an applause, it is only to mitigate against a minority?

The reason for holding a mark of respect is to honour the memory of the deceased & the only fit & proper way to do that is through a moment of silent reflection.

We should never accept applause under these circumstances.

Get a grip. A minutes applause, the man deserves respect. Silence is the respect we shall give. What is wrong with some people. Worried about how others will act instead of making sure you do the right thing yourself.
Sitting clapping like a seal means nothing to me. Silence and having that minute amongst your own to remember a man who gave myself and many others some of the best days of their lives no doubt.
He was more than just a manager of Rangers FC. He epitomised everything that is The Rangers Football Club. He was the conduit that helped so many others succeed at our great club. Be it Mcleish, Advocaat, Gerrard.
We'll all sit silent while that mob sully the silence...... Lets just hope nothing too untoward happens either.

The traffic and weather is to be utterly horrendous tomorrow night.

All bears if you can plan ahead and leave early to be in time for kick off

There NEVER should be an applause for a Rangers player never mind God-father figure of Rangers Royalty like Walter Smith.

It will be a silence and rightly so get these applauses to %^*& and that goes for other players of teams losses it’s just the right thing to do and be respectful having a minutes silence for the passing of someone.

Get a few cameras on the sheep support and show them from who they are if they disrespect it.

Failing that provide GF1 and BF5 with house bricks.

You’ve absolutely nailed it there @Trueblueallan

We'll all sit silent while that mob sully the silence...... Lets just hope nothing too untoward happens either.
For one I’ll be standing not sitting, and two if you don’t feel like you can blank out any potential disrespect from their fans don’t go.
Why is it you and various on this thread are so bothered about how others are going to conduct themselves?
I’ve not even given it a thought. I genuinely could not give one bit of my time to worrying about that. All my thoughts will be with Walters family and friends, and the memories I cherish he provided me with.
For that I’ll stand there silent for a minute and will have many more of these moments to myself in the days, weeks and months ahead no doubt, reminiscing of some of my fondest memories growing up which he helped create.
And I’ll say one other thing. See the arseholes who boo when others are spoiling a minutes silence, they’re just as bad as the ones doing it.

Tomorrow will be emotional.

I wonder how Stevie Davis and Allan McGregor are feeling - unbelievable to think we have players still at Ibrox who played under Walter.

Tomorrow we observe our silence for the great man.

If any Aberdeen fan tries to ruin it - I personally think they will all observe it - then we don't rise to their bait.

It hadn’t even entered my head that the match might not go ahead.
I think it will be played in tribute to Walter.
I’m sure he would want the game to be played, and for our players to play their hearts out.
I was very much the opposite, assumed the game would be put back as a mark of respect and allow the club to mourn properly and not be preparing for a match.

Seems the games goes ahead which I am surprised about.

I am a bit more old school in my thought process though.

I hope tomorrow it is a proper minutes silence before the match, allow the support to collectively take the minute in quiet thought and not a minutes applause.

For one I’ll be standing not sitting, and two if you don’t feel like you can blank out any potential disrespect from their fans don’t go.
Why is it you and various on this thread are so bothered about how others are going to conduct themselves?
I’ve not even given it a thought. I genuinely could not give one bit of my time to worrying about that. All my thoughts will be with Walters family and friends, and the memories I cherish he provided me with.
For that I’ll stand there silent for a minute and will have many more of these moments to myself in the days, weeks and months ahead no doubt, reminiscing of some of my fondest memories growing up which he helped create.
And I’ll say one other thing. See the arseholes who boo when others are spoiling a minutes silence, they’re just as bad as the ones doing it.
I think you have well and truly kicked the ridiculous into the weeds sir. A minutes silence it will be and no further debate necessary.

I was very much the opposite, assumed the game would be put back as a mark of respect and allow the club to mourn properly and not be preparing for a match.

Seems the games goes ahead which I am surprised about.

I am a bit more old school in my thought process though.

I hope tomorrow it is a proper minutes silence before the match, allow the support to collectively take the minute in quiet thought and not a minutes applause.

Yes - my thoughts also.

Still wonder if it might be postponed.

Ok, it’s not as simple as that but it’s just my opinion.

I think it should be postponed as a mark of respect. He’s the most significant Ranger in the majority of our lifetimes. It’s more important than the game tomorrow to allow tributes to the great man in my opinion.

I agree with the posters saying that the Walter may have wanted the game to go ahead. I just think the club should make the decision that everything stops and we pay our respects to Walter Smith and that’s all that matters at this time.
I’m going to repeat what you have expressed. Walter would have wanted the game to go ahead. Who am I to argue with Walter.

Absolutely spot on. There is plenty of time during the game and in the future to applaud the Great Man.

Minutes silence is the only respectful way.

Everyone fretting if it should be a minute's silence or not. Of course it will be.

As for the Aberdeen fans - they didn't ruin the Eric Caldow silence at Ibrox two years ago so don't see why there'll be an issue this time either.

Walter Smiths Blue and White Army needs to be loud and proud and back as a regular feature at every game.

That is Walters song and Walters song only. I know we've had variations of it when it's been other managers in charge but its his song. I always immediately thought of Walters when singing it for other managers.

I've read nothing less than total respect from people across the world praising the great man.
Stupidly I checked into the Aberdeen fan forum to gauge the feeling there, it is disgusting what they are posting on that forum, they are the lowest of the low. What an existence they live, thoroughly awful.

I've read nothing less than total respect from people across the world praising the great man.
Stupidly I checked into the Aberdeen fan forum to gauge the feeling there, it is disgusting what they are posting on that forum, they are the lowest of the low. What an existence they live, thoroughly awful.
That is sad to hear.
But are the people writing nasty stuff the same ones who will make the journey to attend Ibrox?
Ffsake, they only have to shut their gobs for a minute.

Back