Let’s raise the roof tomorrow night

I know we will only get 1 day prep for it, but tomorrow night I want a show off appreciation from us like we have never seen. For the vast majority in our stadium tomorrow we just lost the single most important person involved with our club in our lifetime.

Ideally Id have every single captain to serve under him to lead the tribute.
I agree with the poster above that the Copland Road stand be renamed after Walter. That ceremony, if and when it happens will be a celebration of the man where this would be a great tribute.

Some of Walter’s most memorable moments were putting Aberdeen to the sword, and I do think he’d have wanted it played. However, I believe we will ask for a postponement.
I can't count the amount of league and Cup victories secured through adversity under Walter. Off the top of my head, celtc at new year then hibs 3 days later in 9 in a row season, St mirren Cup final, celtc league Cup semi final down to 10 in 8 minutes, celtc league Cup final his last season (I hold him responsible for falling down my own house stairs pished that day) numerous Aberdeen finals for example during our first champions league adventure between wins v celtc and leeds

He'd want the game played,im sure of it.

Shit to be thinking about it, but gates are access for emergency services, they need to be clear for game. If tributes go down at gates, they will be moved if game goes ahead. Tough call, personally think it should go ahead
Did they clear them after Fernando passed? I know it was full of tributes prematch, but didn’t see it after the game.

Their will be at least one moron in the Aberdeen support who will ruin it for them all, and how Rangers fans respond to it doesn't bear thinking about.
Disgraceful that this would form part of the decision but I believe it will be a factor and may add weight to the game being postponed.

Their will be at least one moron in the Aberdeen support who will ruin it for them all, and how Rangers fans respond to it doesn't bear thinking about.
Disgraceful that this would form part of the decision but I believe it will be a factor and may add weight to the game being postponed.
I undertstand what you're saying, but f*ck having those cretins influence how we proceed. If they disrupt the minutes silence then hell mend them - I'd imagine they would have an ineresting journey home

Think that’s the last thing Walter would have wanted.
No man is as big as the club but Smith is as close to it as you can get. He may not have wanted the game called off but his passing rips the heart out of the club and it will take long to repair. The game is too close for me.

Reactions: BWO
Walter would have wanted the game to go ahead and for us to destroy the sheep.

However, I would respect any request for postponement when so many of our key players and staff has such a close bond with him.

If it's cancelled, I understand it. If not, we show our respect on the park and in the stands.

the game will be ahead. Id be stunned if the club asked for a postponment
It's practicalities though isn't it? We're not just talking about a few jerseys and scarves tied to the gates here. The outside of the stadium is going to be abdolutely covered in stuff. Plus the work going on at Edmiston House... that area of the stadium isn't going to be passable.

I think we will get a flawless minutes silence, Walter was not a divisive figure in any way, he was a remarkable man of the same mould as Mr Struth.

I hope it is a minutes silence , I for one will not be applauding this news.

I am devastated, I feel sick.
I’m with you brother.
Devastated.

We’re not Yahoos. We shouldn’t seek a postponement and Walter would not have expected us to do so.
Agreed. If it’s postponed we could find ourself second in the league with the filth right on our tail. Walter would not have wanted that.

Reactions: BWO
No matter your opinion, it's not as simple as that.
Why then?

Ok, it’s not as simple as that but it’s just my opinion.

I think it should be postponed as a mark of respect. He’s the most significant Ranger in the majority of our lifetimes. It’s more important than the game tomorrow to allow tributes to the great man in my opinion.

I agree with the posters saying that the Walter may have wanted the game to go ahead. I just think the club should make the decision that everything stops and we pay our respects to Walter Smith and that’s all that matters at this time.

Last edited:
Back