Let’s see the outcry about this

Exactly what I said.

Someone has filmed with their phone and then uploaded to Twitter with comment a video that is being roundly misinterpreted on this thread. If anyone is in the habit of doing this regularly, then fair enough. I think it's a bit sad.
It's a tongue in cheek tweet about the sorry state of Scottish football.

It's not really the boy on twitters fault if some idiots on here don't get that.

It's a tongue in cheek tweet about the sorry state of Scottish football.

It's not really the boy on twitters fault if some idiots on here don't get that.

Of course it isn't.

If you want to film Celtic players off the telly for your own validation, batter in.

Of course it isn't.

If you want to film Celtic players off the telly for your own validation, batter in.
You've either taken this far too seriously or pretending the month of January didn't exist.

I'd love to know your idea for highlighting the difference in attitude while pretending celtc don't exist.

You've either taken this far too seriously or pretending the month of January didn't exist.

I'd love to know your idea for highlighting the difference in attitude while pretending celtc don't exist.

My only contribution to this thread is to find someone posting in their spare time a clip of a Celtic player in a vastly different context a bit sad. I'd like to find the Twitter user is being disingenous. Asking about wanting to "highlight the difference in attitude" is therefore a bit of a moot point.

Have you not noticed the outcry when Alfie did this? Will there be the same reaction now to this "cut throat" gesture?
You really saying it was the the same gesture ? You need to have a word with yourself if you think it's the same.

One of the worst parts of the mentally challengeds being so f*cking c*nty the past few years has been seeing some of our fans try to join in.

My only contribution to this thread is to find someone posting in their spare time a clip of a Celtic player in a vastly different context a bit sad. I'd like to find the Twitter user is being disingenous. Asking about wanting to "highlight the difference in attitude" is therefore a bit of a moot point.
I find it a bit sad that you fail to see the exact same gesture.
It's also sad that you'd see fit to accuse someone posting the clip of 'seeking validation' before you'd seek to address the hysteria that surrounded the same thing 7 weeks ago.

It's fairly obvious that the tweet contains a rhetorical question, of course nobody believes he was gesturing a threat to anyone.
The same as any sane person should have said about Morelos.

Anyone else see him threaten to slash the throats of the Aberdeen fans when he went off injured, or was the hands across the throat sign a signal his game was over?!!!!
Has to be death to hitlers sheep , only if your Latino can the game-over gesture apply .

I find it a bit sad that you fail to see the exact same gesture.
It's also sad that you'd see fit to accuse someone posting the clip of 'seeking validation' before you'd seek to address the hysteria that surrounded the same thing 7 weeks ago.

It's fairly obvious that the tweet contains a rhetorical question, of course nobody believes he was gesturing a threat to anyone.
The same as any sane person should have said about Morelos.

I haven't suggested anywhere that I hadn't seen the exact same gesture - this isn't you not reading my words again correctly, is it?

Anyone posting on Twitter, social media or FF is seeking some form of validation, otherwise they wouldn't being doing it and/or the like button wouldn't exist. I'll also acknowledge the hysteria that surrounded Morelos' gesture at the time, if that also makes you feel better, but I would ask why, exactly.

I haven't suggested anywhere that I hadn't seen the exact same gesture - this isn't you not reading my words again correctly, is it?

Anyone posting on Twitter, social media or FF is seeking some form of validation, otherwise they wouldn't being doing it and/or the like button wouldn't exist. I'll also acknowledge the hysteria that surrounded Morelos' gesture at the time, if that also makes you feel better, but I would ask why, exactly.

The clue is in the name, it's not seeking validation, social media exists to share things with others.
That idea absolutely falls apart when you mention FF. I've used this forum for about 20 years, so the like button is entirely new.
It's a platform to discuss Rangers and football with Rangers fans.
Are you telling me we are all suddenly seeking validation because they've added a new feature?

This lad has shared a celtc player using the exact same gesture Alfie did, and for whatever reason, your issue seems to be with him for doing so.
You have a go for filming one of their players in his spare time, accuse him of seeking validation, and yet you are clever enough to know exactly why he has put this clip out there for all to see.

It's utterly bizarre that you'd wilfully ignore the perfectly valid reasons to share this gesture to have a lazy dig at the guy who posted it.

The clue is in the name, it's not seeking validation, social media exists to share things with others.
That idea absolutely falls apart when you mention FF. I've used this forum for about 20 years, so the like button is entirely new.
It's a platform to discuss Rangers and football with Rangers fans.
Are you telling me we are all suddenly seeking validation because they've added a new feature?

This lad has shared a celtc player using the exact same gesture Alfie did, and for whatever reason, your issue seems to be with him for doing so.
You have a go for filming one of their players in his spare time, accuse him of seeking validation, and yet you are clever enough to know exactly why he has put this clip out there for all to see.

It's utterly bizarre that you'd wilfully ignore the perfectly valid reasons to share this gesture to have a lazy dig at the guy who posted it.

Woah, woah, woah. Someone has got carried away here with what was meant as a limp, insipid and barely considered observation. This isn't a hill I'm particularly keen on dying on so I'm barely going to respond.

If a Rangers fan watching a Celtic game wishes to upload to Twitter a video of an injured Celtic player in the middle of the pitch with a significant amount of time left in the game and with the score at 1-0 signalling to his bench that he can't continue with the intention of showing up the media's double standards in their reporting of a Rangers player making the same gesture as he leaves the pitch in front of Celtic fans in a fiery Old Firm game with the game nearly won having been sent off, then batter on. My original comment was more to do with my own disdain for social media, the different contexts in which the gesture was used (though innocently in both occasions) and indeed even in watching Celtic games in the first place. If you want to respond in detail and continue to make your characteristic oversights, on you go, if it'll make you feel better. I really don't care less, mate.

You really saying it was the the same gesture ? You need to have a word with yourself if you think it's the same.

Of course its the same. You need to stop swallowing the propaganda and give yourself a shake.

Alfie's gesture wasnt a cut throat and neither is this.

Complete double standards,you won't here a peep from Sutton,Hartson and co,not a fkn thing.

Its no surprise you wont hear anything from them when you look at some of the responses on here. Some of our own dont seem to care about the double standards.

The All Blacks make a throat slitting gesture towards their opposition at the very end of their 'Kapa O Pango' Haka EVERY TIME they perform it at the start of a match.

What day does Sutton get his shot of the crayons for his wee article? I'm sure he'll be calling for a minimum 5 game ban.

I was almost too scared to leave the house for work this morning.

What is different about the context? Both gestures meant the exact same thing.

Polis attended this morning, I showed them the video and gave them a victim impact statement.

The new procedures mean they need to run the evidence past Michael Stewart before they go to the CPS for a charge. They'll be back in touch.

Phoning Clyde tonight to ask if there was confirmation he was booked for this. Gordon dalziel and Roger hannah will no doubt tell us why he should have been booked for saying the game was finished. It will just highlight the clear double standards

Back