Let’s talk about hagi

Kent scored the winner at Aberdeen. He scored the goal which settled us tonight.

We paid for quality & quality makes the difference in matches.

He’s doing that.

He’s scored two goals. I mentioned that in my first post regarding this. That doesn’t change my mind that I don’t think he’s started the season playing “great”.

Morelos has scored same goals and set up 2. I don’t think hes played “great” either

For many, that’s exactly what they expect.
Not at all. At that money i expect someone can control the bal at leat. Dont be blinkered when thets are obvious flaws in his game tonight. Come back to me later in the season and ill admit I was wrong but he was poor tonight

I counted ten times he gave the ball away tonight

he does some good things but by god he is frustrating to watch

great win onwards and upwards
Didn't have his best game but is a better player than he showed tonight, and on Sunday past.
He has shown us this.

What is Kent not doing in your eyes?

As I have already said I don’t think he’s played very well in any of the 3 games. He’s contributed with goals which I said in my first post the same as Morelos.

I don’t think any of the two have played anywhere near their best so far.

He’s scored two goals. I mentioned that in my first post regarding this. That doesn’t change my mind that I don’t think he’s started the season playing “great”.

Morelos has scored same goals and set up 2. I don’t think hes played “great” either

OK

We all spoke in the close season about more goals being vital by others such as Kent, Aribo & Hagi.

They’re doing it, and we are seeing improvement already this season on the most important part of the game.

OK

We all spoke in the close season about more goals being vital by others such as Kent, Aribo & Hagi.

They’re doing it, and we are seeing improvement already this season on the most important part of the game.

All I said was I don’t think he’s played great yet and there is more to come. Struggling to see how you are so outraged by this ...

As I have already said I don’t think he’s played very well in any of the 3 games. He’s contributed with goals which I said in my first post the same as Morelos.

I don’t think any of the two have played anywhere near their best so far.
How many did Kent get last season? Is he not like a little wasp, constantly on the move, constantly trying things, putting great ball skills into the box? I think your expectation levels on the lad are a bit much

How many did Kent get last season? Is he not like a little wasp, constantly on the move, constantly trying things, putting great ball skills into the box? I think your expectation levels on the lad are a bit much

I disagree. My expectations aren’t high at all, I know for a fact he can play better and he will. He would probably tell you himself he hasn’t been close to his best yet.

Hes scored 2 goals this season which is good so far, scoring goals doesn’t mean he’s had a brilliant game elsewhere.

All I said was I don’t think he’s played great yet and there is more to come. Struggling to see how you are so outraged by this ...

I’m not outraged mate, just pointing out that he’s produced top quality in the most important way for us.

Im totally chilled.

I understand that he’s not gone on great runs & beat three or four players, but he’s not really being asked to do that now. His games maturing.

I’m not outraged mate, just pointing out that he’s produced top quality in the most important way for us.

Im totally chilled.

I understand that he’s not gone on great runs & beat three or four players, but he’s not really being asked to do that now. His games maturing.

I don’t disagree with that. The same way Morelos did against St Mirren.

I do know however, that both can play a lot better and will in future games.

I don’t disagree with that. The same way Morelos did against St Mirren.

I do know however, that both can play a lot better and will in future games.

Yes, I think away games might suit what you’re talking about more, when he can hit teams on the break & run at them.

And Alfredo too, as you say. I think he looks fit now, and maybe away might suit better football from us.

Fucking hell.

He gives the ball away because he tries stuff, if he played safe fuds would be slating him as well, another example of why we’re better off without loonballs in the stand, it’s really sad to say as I’m paying a fortune not to be there, but I’m glad we’re keeping the boo boys out.

Talk about an overreaction to a post that merely stats something factual about the game.

There isn’t much excuse for poor control, dwelling on the ball, taking your eye off the ball, and misplacing 5 yard passes. That’s not him losing it because he’s attempting daring passes, it’s him losing it because he’s just not in good form, that’s how it is and there’s nothing wrong with being honest and acknowledging it. It doesn’t mean he isn’t going to re-discover his form, adapt and prove to be a great player for us. I definitely wouldn’t equate acknowledging this to being a boo boy as such.

For such a technical player, nothing would stick tonight. As the game went on, he got more frustrated.
But hey, he'll be a great player. Still learning, and wants to learn.

I think you're being harsh here.
Kent cause the opposition alarm every time he gets the ball,

Being harsh certainly wasn’t my intention and I don’t think I have been. I have credited him for scoring two goals in 3 games however, feel his general play hasn’t been up to scratch yet and know he will get better as games go on.

I will refer back to Morelos again, he has contributed to more goals than Kent so far this season but I don’t think anyone would say his performances have been anywhere near what hes capable of.

Being harsh certainly wasn’t my intention and I don’t think I have been. I have credited him for scoring two goals in 3 games however, feel his general play hasn’t been up to scratch yet and know he will get better as games go on.

I will refer back to Morelos again, he has contributed to more goals than Kent so far this season but I don’t think anyone would say his performances have been anywhere near what hes capable of.
What are you ratings for Kent in the 3 league games so far out of 10?

Hes 2/3 years younger than the others, and it’ll take time for him.

We need to spell him over the whole season & id leave him out for the Livi game.

He will be a great player if he shows the right work ethic & attitude to progression.

I‘ve been impressed with his work ethic and attitude thus far so I doubt that will be an issue. He‘s a talent that needs to be trusted and developed.

Okay hes a bit of the pace atm but hes still contributing and winning the ball back, and thats in between touches of class. Give the young guy some time to find his feet, im expecting a few others to be in a similar place. If they keep putting the graft in it will come together, wee bit of patience.

I‘ve been impressed with his work ethic and attitude thus far so I doubt that will be an issue. He‘s a talent that needs to be trusted and developed.

Absolutely agree Interbear.

The really encouraging thing for me was despite not being anywhere near his best you can see Gerrards influence in terms of work ethic & playing for the team.

I thought it broke down a lot today. Giving the ball away repeatedly not just Hagi. The 4 changes didn’t work. Killed the momentum. Odd game.

I don't really want to come down either side of this debate, but it's quite obvious he's been flattered by his second half perfornance against Braga. Take that away and his run in the team so far looks a lot more ordinary.

I don't really want to come down either side of this debate, but it's quite obvious he's been flattered by his second half perfornance against Braga. Take that away and his run in the team so far looks a lot more ordinary.

I think the “Ibrox baby” interview bought must have bought a lot of extra leeway too given how angry people tend to get if you acknowledge or discuss a poor performance.

His touches are intelligent and sublime at times.

Yes he gave the ball away a few times but that was from trying to do turns etc.
I concur some of his passing and touches were just sheer brilliant at times. The ball in first half through to aribo was just sublime but aribo just checked his run. Thommo picked up on that in commentary

Plays " that" killer pass that tells you why we bought him.

An intelligent mover with and without the ball.
Don't judge him too harshly - he needs better players to appreciate what he brings. Our team and players, will evolve to that standard

I think/hope Hagi will astound.

Hagi will be superb in european games and any other games teams decide to try and play football against us. Playing against teams who play with a 9 man defence he will struggle for a while, Aribo is only starting to get to grips with the cesspit of Scottish teams who have no interest in playing football against us.

Needs to stop trying too hard, tonight he was very poor, first touch very poor. I still don't think he is playing in right position

Young player and still not 100% caught up with the Scottish game don’t get same time on the ball. Things didn’t go for him tonight but th good thing is he didn’t hide. Still looked for the ball and worked hard , don’t have a problem with that.Lot players having an off day try and hide.

I get the frustration by some over the lad, I do however feel he is that one player that will try the killer pass that we don’t have in the team. He has potential and I would not be looking to bench him.

Not really, it’s a discussion forum. There’s no “positive chat only” policy. People are happy we won and there’s various threads discussing the many positives given that they far outweigh any negatives, but the negatives can be discussed too, which is great for fans who don’t want to put the fingers in the ears and pretend they’re not there.

3 games in for Hagi, each of them poor in my opinion, we need to be patient with him but also need to consider there comes a point where you can’t keep starting a regular under-performer, it’s not at that stage yet but of course it’s a little concern to have and people are right to have that concern. The most tedious thing in general is folk trying trying to drown out any and all discuss on aspects of games are aren’t all sunny.
It’s much too early to have a lengthy discussion on this. Suffice to say there appears to be an unhealthy high percentage of posts on this forum imo which clearly are looking for negatives no matter how a game has panned out.

It’s much too early to have a lengthy discussion on this. Suffice to say there appears to be an unhealthy high percentage of posts on this forum imo which clearly are looking for negatives no matter how a game has panned out.
Lounge access??

I counted ten times he gave the ball away tonight

he does some good things but by god he is frustrating to watch

great win onwards and upwards
Quality youngster who had an off game, still showed sparks of magic. He's young, developing and will be inconsistent. But he's going to keep improving and be a real brilliant addition.

More experienced players gave the ball away more than him, not naming names... FFs

His 1st touch tonight was not his norm, however the amount of times he took up great positions to receive the ball was far more than his turnovers.
He was closed down rapidly, some of the passes he received were over hit.
A bit frustrating watching him tonight but you can see what he brings to the team.
Another game could bring 2/3 assists.

Not his best game but he has quality thats for sure, he can see passes others can not, i think he is sometimes thinking about his next pass and fails to control the ball heading to him, that happened a bit too often.

Check out the SPFL highlights.

There is a certain No 7 in blue who is involved in most of the highlights of the game.

Indeed, Hagi is going to suffer from the same shite that used to be aimed at Thomas Buffell from clueless fans.

Not started the season great but his effort and work rate cannot be questioned. Probably just trying too hard. We will have a cracker on our hands when it all clicks

Back