Let’s talk about hagi

He's not performing at the level i think he can
partly trying too hard
he's still contributing in creating chances either by himself or freeing up wide men

The second goal last night, was slow in tempo and passed about for a while, then a swift increase in tempo to Hagi, Barisic, Kent and there’s yer dinner.
The swift increase in tempo at the right time made a very good team goal.

Its a turn of phrase , taking it literally makes you the absurdity .
Everyone knows it wasn’t literal. But it’s a wam to try and colour those fans views as unreasonable and not considered. It’s childish and weak debate.

ignored for your stupidity from now on.

Everyone knows it wasn’t literal. But it’s a wam to try and colour those fans views as unreasonable and not considered. It’s childish and weak debate.

ignored for your stupidity from now on.

Yes everyone except you who said “ nobody wants him hung drawn and quartered “

Likewise with the ignore mr literal . Laughable calling me stupid .

It’s creating an absurd over reaction straw man argument to try and make it appear that people who said he was awful last night don’t have a valid argument. It’s a very weak way to debate. You know your argument is very weak so you try to misrepresent the opposing argument as being extreme and exaggerated. It’s pathetic.

The wee man was awful last night. The amount of people saying things like “it’s because he tries the hard things” to defend a guy not being able to control the balls passed to him or routinely having his pocket picked.

There’s no doubt he has ability.
There’s no doubt he was woeful last night.
There’s no doubt a young Scottish player would have been roasted by those same supporters last night.

It’s amusing what people Do on here to protect their favourites, throwing other Gers under the bus. Last game we had Balogun blamed for Goldson not defending a ball through him. From last night it appears to be everyone else’s fault Hagi couldn’t control the ball.

I don’t see why we can’t have open and honest conversations about a player’s performance without people making stuff up, denying what their eyes saw or trying to say that one bad performance is other fans claiming he isn’t a talented player.

I am all for balanced discussion, I’m just not having anyone writing off a player of Hagi’s potential at 21 years old when three games into a season, which there seems to be an increasing amount of after last night.

For Hagi, see borna last year. The lad will come good.

Even for someone of his class it's hard to shine against a packed defence. After the third they shut up shop and tried to limit the damage.

You beat me to this.

As I was reading this, my mind instantly drifted back to “let’s talk about Borna”

Hagi is a young lad. Young players nearly always have early career fluctuating form. He’s a talented young lad who’s only going to get better.

What does this actually mean? People keep using it. For what it's worth, the lad can see a pass and has a great 1st touch, I just worry that he is a bit too slow to be able to put it all together

It's a critisism of a player who is trying to be inventive, entertain and try a killer pass. Fans (and some players) can't see past playing it safe or crunching tackles. So invariably when a player tries something outwith what folk are used to then nobody is on the same wavelength, and the move breaks down. Then the confusion and "trying to hard" phrase is used.

Folk in here having a go at 21yo hagi. yet the same folk will insist that McCoist should have played a team full of young lads in the bottom division!!! This is why it didnt happen- one bad game and the knives are out ffs.

nobody is above critcism.My worry is when it just becomes abuse and when certain players make mistakes they are crucified.Tav and Goldson have been whipping boys at times despite the fact in my view our problem in the second half of last season wasnt the defence but relying too much on Morelos.

He is a very talented 21 year old development player.
He will blow hot and cold we have to take the good with the bad.
If he was the finished article he would be 30 million not 3 million.
The lad needs time to develop and hopefully reaches his full potential

I counted ten times he gave the ball away tonight

he does some good things but by god he is frustrating to watch

great win onwards and upwards

Ive been slated before for this but i think his forst touch at times is poor, his passing and game awareness is also poor and i see him as a high risk signing ive never understood the fornicating over him

However there is a player in there but one that has probably found his level and that is the sphell unless he develops significantly

It's like watching last seasons Ryan Kent movie all over again.
The boy will be fine.
He needs time.
He'll contribute plenty this season, but we won't see the best of him until next.
A bit of backing is what our players need.

kent gave m away the ball 6 times first half he is guilty however he is scoring

I counted ten times he gave the ball away tonight

he does some good things but by god he is frustrating to watch

great win onwards and upwards

Personally I don't think he looks comfortable in his current position and wants to be more central.

Not convinced our current midfield has the right balance. To often it felt like they were on top of one another.

We are now almost totally reliant on our full backs to provide the width.

Morelos wasn't getting much service last night.

He gets the ball and every time has 3 or 4 players around him. That in itself frees up space for others.

Sometimes it seems he’s just expecting to get clattered. Maybe more worried about that than his touch? He done some good things in the game and seemed to up it once he knew he was getting the full 90mins.

He’ll still be adapting to the league and frantic pace of it, he’ll come good, no worries on that at all.

To those wanting Hagi hung drawn and quartered - I saw Davie Cooper having the type of game Hagi had tonight on numerous occasions in the early 80s . In fact I remember coming away from a 0/0 draw with Dumbarton at Ibrox and wondering why we still had him as a regular starter . Then you see the man being untouchable in the next game .

I’m not comparing the two ability wise but I’m pointing out the obvious - even the Very best have off days . Hagi is also 21 ffs .
I seen the same games as you mate. You always knew cooper wasnt going to have a good game when he changed wings early in the game.

First of all, I think Hagi is a talented boy.
Secondly without sounding obvious I hope he becomes a really top player with us, I really do. Personally I love watching his skillful cameos and great passes with incredible vision but feel his severe lack of pace will hold him back.

But.......

This season we have no wriggle room to play guys who are not performing week in week out, every game and every goal is super important.
I read all the comments here like - "he's young", "give him time", "get off his back", "he needs to settle in", "he must be played in a certain position", "the team don't play to his strengths", "he's allowed to give the ball away as he is trying to be creative", "what about Kent" etc etc blah blah.
Some of these may be valid - but not at this time, not this season.
Make no mistake there is no room for sentiment this season, so forgive me for not fawning over this lad at the moment.
The gaffer will not stand for the first touches, dawdling on the ball and poor decisions that he made last night - his job depends on results this year.
Good luck Ianis, but to play in this team this season you will need to up your game.

Ive been slated before for this but i think his forst touch at times is poor, his passing and game awareness is also poor and i see him as a high risk signing ive never understood the fornicating over him

However there is a player in there but one that has probably found his level and that is the sphell unless he develops significantly

A lot of nonsense said in only two sentences.

I am all for balanced discussion, I’m just not having anyone writing off a player of Hagi’s potential at 21 years old when three games into a season, which there seems to be an increasing amount of after last night.
Writing him off is also absurd. What he did in his loan spell shows that. And he had some nice moments in pre season. Hope he can get back to his best ASAP. Just feel a spell out of the spot light may be more beneficial than flogging a dead horse right now. Interested to see who the manager picks this weekend.

kent gave m away the ball 6 times first half he is guilty however he is scoring
I find it hard to criticise Kamara and Jack for slowly passing it side to side and lacking penetration while moaning that Kent and Hagi might be breaking quickly and more fluid with sharp forward passes but give the ball away too much.

Back