Let’s talk about hagi

Gerrard doing the right thing and keeping him on as he could have made a big statement and hooked him after 25nmins, make him play his way out of a bad spell. Form is temporary, class is permanent.
If we hadn't seen that class in his initial loan you'd be wary at his performances as a new £3m signing

Anyone that cannot see the abundance of talent that is ripping out him needs to take up another hobby. He hasn’t hit form however he’s a very young player, who is regularly booted all over the park and is constantly being closed marked. He’ll get better.

One thing I would say is, even when not playing well he always finds a defence splitting pass. Promising that when playing poor he still contribute. Needs to work on his first touch and just be more relaxed

Been miles off it, but it will come. He has the talent.

Superb pass in the build up for the second. Even when he is off it, he will still have really good moments that we don't have anyone else capable of.

Looks like a guy who puts immense pressure on himself. For me if Aribo didn't stop his run that assist would have been stunning he was close with those two touches in the box later on too. Set up Borna assist. Needs to play more central.

On Twitter you can see him become the new Windass and that can f*ck off.

Settle down FF’s , like many of the players he will be finding match sharpness. A few have hit the ground running the others just need games which will be why he stayed on tonight.

He was below par with his first touch,but some of his passing is on another level. He never hides though,always shows for the ball and works to try and win it back of he loses it. He got a few tasty challenges tonight but bounced back up and got on with it. No doubts he's a player,but struggling for consistency. 5 out of 10 tonight

We need to realise that players will not be 8/10 every game, Hagi wasn't great tonight but drew fouls and played a role.

We have been crying out for a player that will have a bit of spark when struggling, Hagi will be that but he's not the finished article yet.

He was very poor tonight. But what I like about him is no matter how poor he is playing he keeps trying to get on the ball to make things happen whilst working hard off of it. Played a good part in the second goal tonight

I just thought it wasn’t happening for him and he was trying too hard. Some flashes of what he’s capable of though.

He will do more good than bad this season.

Think his performances have been strange, had a lot of moments where he has played good passes or had attempts that haven't quite led to a goal and but for a couple inches here and there he may have a couple goals and assists already. Has also played parts in a couple of goals in terms of playng the pass leading into the assist for a goal.

Still think he maybe needs to do a little more but still think he has been playing a good part in a lot of our best forward moves, and can accept him sometimes giving it away when trying to make things happen.

Not his night but you can see with the side net effort just how quickly he can make something happen.

Thought it was also smart of Gerrard keeping him on after the mass subs. Hagi will have known he was poor but his confidence may have taken a hit coming off.

He's had 2 poor games. I'd keep him in the side. Sometimes players need to play through a poor spell to regain confidence.

Having an off period. A very, very gifted player that will get his form back. Way, way too early in the season to be having a go at the lad. In fact, incredible this discussion is even going on.

Im sure he will come at it

I think a bit like Alfie he's missing the crowd. He has struck me as the type of player who thrives with the crowd urging him on

Unimpressed with him so far this season, but i'm not ready to write him off. He'll come good...know the talent is there.

Touch like a tennis racquet tonight but that's not his usual. Still managed some nice balls and kept coming back for more. I think he anticipates the crunching tackle from behind. Not helped when the ref doesn't book or even award a foul for someone clattering him.

Also, red card tackle on Roofe and a clear Itten penalty. Game could have been a wider margin

We need to be patient and give him time, still only 21 too. But regardless of what certain posters will try and tell you, he hasn’t started the season particularly well. Lots of poor touches, misplaced short passes, being caught in possession and tame efforts at goal.
Totally agree. He’s an intelligent player but he’s not on it yet. Looks off the pace.

We just won our third game of the season, by 3-0. A few of our players are playing a little under the level they are capable of. That happens at the start of a season. We have scored 7, conceded none and have strolled the last 30 minutes of our last 2 games

Lets talk about happy things eh?

I swear, people must sit and stroke themselves silly with the constant negativity on here

Absolutely dominant 3-0 win, full time whistle, straight onto FF To talk about the negatives

A young player with a outstanding level of vision for playing entry balls into the box as seen 2/3 times tonight alone

The lofted ball/volley for Kent and also the chip over the defence both in the second half

Everyone will have poor games every now and again but I think he will prove to be outstanding for us over the period he's with us

Tav will be delighted, the new whipping boy has been chosen.

Hagi needs time. Simple as that.

He’s had a bizarre start to his career here, coming in as we hit our second consecutive slump and single handedly getting us wins against Braga and Hibs (I think) before COVID hit.

We’ve now got this odd staggered start to the season, he’ll still be settling. Just needs to find his feet, anyone suggesting he’s not got ability is a buffoon.

He’s only played 14/15 competitive games for us.

He's going to frustrate the life out of us. He's going to have games like tonight then smash one in from 25 yards out of nowhere. He actually nearly done it tonight with that one he hit the side netting with near the end.

Roofe will be starting ahead of him once he's up to speed I reckon.

Ffs, he isn't on his game at the moment yet still has bits of brilliance. I will take that.

He wasn't great overall, but he had a few very good moments. He played a big part in the second goal with a quick ball out to Barisic.

Honestly who gives a f%^k we won 3 - 0

Lets save the moaning to when we drop points, As long as we are winning then players can have a bad game as its not impacting the result

Back