Let’s talk about Manchester United

The wee fella from Ajax looks the worst of the lot. Genuinely dreadful.

I really didn't think he was that small then yesterday watching that game, he looked like a wee boy compared to men on the pitch.

Ten Haag is wanting them to play out from the back without the players to do that
He wants a high press but again the players don't want to do it or don't seem to understand when to press.

Two key parts of his philosophy and it is always going to fail with those players.

To fund a rebuild he is going to have to sell but in reality who wants any of these players.

Maguire, Rashford, Fred, McTominay, Shaw, Bissaka, Sancho, Martial, BailLy, Varane, Lindelof, Dalot.

All bang average players.

The fault lies at the top, the owners, the board and the footballing setup, 6 managers, some of them proven at the top, and each one failing badly, they need to get rid of the Glazers to people who are football minded, and start working their way down the pyramid.

Their players are lazy primadonas who refuse to do the basics like track runners, win tackles, close opponents down.

They spend ridiculous money on fees and wages for players well past their best.

Hell mend them.
It really is hard to imagine how you could spend so much money and actually do this bad.

The average punter in the street could judge players better than their scouting and managerial staff seem capable of.

That said, it is fucking hilarious.

They are a mess only surpassed by Barcelona at the moment in terms of basket case of a club.

However, it's good fun to watch. They are another prick of a club. :))

5 Live phone-in hilarious at moment with irate Man Utd fans.

Current guy on just said the players shouldn’t be allowed to eat tonight because they’ve disgraced the club.
Heard the old guy that said they paid £80m for Maguire. £80 would’ve been too much :))

Ten Haag getting his players in to run 13.8k on their day off, because that’s what Brentford ran over them.

That’ll go down well with the ego-maniac
players.

I called him the Dutch Ian Holloway before but more like the Dutch Andy Parsons.

Ten Haag getting his players in to run 13.8k on their day off, because that’s what Brentford ran over them.

players.

I called him the Dutch Ian Holloway before but more like the Dutch Andy Parsons.
Think its a great idea, shows who’s boss and will quickly separate those who care and those who don’t (the majority i’d guess)

Needed almost an entire new team going into the season. Still need a centre back, left back, right back, defensive mid, centre midfielder, left winger and a striker. Its too late for all that now but I'd be out the door as soon as the window shuts if he doesn't have at least 4 of those positions filled in.

players.

Does that indicate he has a battle to win the dressing room already?

Think he had a battle to win the dressing back from the day he walked in the door
The picture of Ronaldo when McLaren was talking to him last week says it all for me. It’s a tough shift to get respect in order to be an effective management team at United. This has been the problem since SAF chucked it.

I’ve said this before, but their issue is that they moved away from investing heavily in youth and scouting. Their scouting now consist of “He’s expensive so he MUST be good!”

Back in the day, teams playing them were all about damage limitation, so was a backs to the wall effort…but Man Utd got worse and seemed to miss the memo that teams now actually fancied their chances against them, so they play as if they’re entitled to win the game whilst their opponents batter them. I would love to draw this current Man Utd team in Europe, we’d absolutely paddle them.

Spending money on big names rather than solid players.

Limited options for youth players.

The first team are overpaid primadonas who think they’re rappers.

A board who think throwing money at the situation will fix it.

Maguire. He’d struggle to get a game at Morton and is captain!

What they need is a manager who says “look, for the next 3 years, we’re shifting our budget 75-25 in favour of youth. We might sign a few first team players, but the days of paying £30m plus for duds are over. This means for the next 3 years, we’re going to be shite. Mid table maybe. But that means in 5 years we can challenge, and be a dominant force in Europe again in 10 years.”

If they continue as they are, they’ll be a lower-mid table team by the end of the decade. They’re spending a fortune on getting worse when really all they need to do is ask the advice of pretty much anyone in a pub who watches them regularly.

Murder, may as well fold.

In all seriousness, as much as I’m not a fan, it’s a shame seeing a big club with huge history get embarrassed by daft teams every other week.

No idea what the issue is in the club but surely 6 managers after SAF can’t all be sh!te.
It's a club that are rotting from the top down.
They need to be rid of the current owners....and sharpish.
As long as the current owners are in situ there will be no resurgence.

The rebuilds they've had since Ferguson is mental, no strategy to it at all. Ten Hag would be great with a clean slate and half of the cash that's been spunked on absolute dross in the last decade. It'll take a lot more than a good manager to fix them.

The interview with Ten Hag on Sky Sports after their game yesterday made me think he was wear. He stood and took all of the questions asked, some of which were a tad too much or certainly questions that other managers would neither answer nor be asked as the interviewers would know better.

I may well be wrong as I'm judging this on one appearance.

What they need is a manager who says “look, for the next 3 years, we’re shifting our budget 75-25 in favour of youth. We might sign a few first team players, but the days of paying £30m plus for duds are over. This means for the next 3 years, we’re going to be shite. Mid table maybe. But that means in 5 years we can challenge, and be a dominant force in Europe again in 10 years.”
sensible but it's not happening at a team like Man Utd who need to win games to keep their fans happy

for a current team example, look at Barcelona. Could do the same but won't, although don't have the same crappy team

Remember Broadfoot getting a dubious penalty at the piggery 3-0 to us i think.

Ref got pelters.
Hun this-Orange that.
Threatened.

He was a religious teacher at a RC school at the time.
The media takes a lot of the blame for that with the constant upping of them & everything negative about us any close decision we get it's scrutinised to death & made out that the officials are biased towards us but if the Tim's get a dodgy decision its never mentioned or scrutinised the way decisions are with us , BBC is by far the worst with it followed by a close 2nd SKY .

Think its a great idea, shows who’s boss and will quickly separate those who care and those who don’t (the majority i’d guess)

I’m sure Pep/Klopp etc. will be getting their players in to make up yards against teams where they drop points.

It’s such a crap gimmick, right from the Caixinha school of management. Mix in his crap signings and weird subs/tactics and you’re looking at another disaster.

He’s another flop. He’ll be sacked by Xmas.

I really didn't think he was that small then yesterday watching that game, he looked like a wee boy compared to men on the pitch.

Ten Haag is wanting them to play out from the back without the players to do that
He wants a high press but again the players don't want to do it or don't seem to understand when to press.

Two key parts of his philosophy and it is always going to fail with those players.

To fund a rebuild he is going to have to sell but in reality who wants any of these players.

Maguire, Rashford, Fred, McTominay, Shaw, Bissaka, Sancho, Martial, BailLy, Varane, Lindelof, Dalot.

All bang average players.

Its Andre Villa Boas at Chelsea again isnt it?

When’s the last time City or Liverpool were 4-0 down against Brentford at half time? It makes complete sense to take some authority and make the players do the work they didn’t do yesterday.
It's the sort of thing Conte would do. Not sure why he thinks it's so weird.

Their players are lazy primadonas who refuse to do the basics like track runners, win tackles, close opponents down.

They spend ridiculous money on fees and wages for players well past their best.

Hell mend them.
Why are we bothered about Man Utd on a Rangers Site !

When’s the last time City or Liverpool were 4-0 down against Brentford at half time? It makes complete sense to take some authority and make the players do the work they didn’t do yesterday.

They have Liverpool next. They’ll run 15k over them. Maybe he’ll get them in again for that.

These players can run these kind of yards in their sleep. It’s nonsensical and a gimmick.

The media takes a lot of the blame for that with the constant upping of them & everything negative about us any close decision we get it's scrutinised to death & made out that the officials are biased towards us but if the Tim's get a dodgy decision its never mentioned or scrutinised the way decisions are with us , BBC is by far the worst with it followed by a close 2nd SKY .
Just look at Hampden.
The press said we used kids to stop police arriving.
Look at the bottle throwing incidents at Ibrox.
All over the news.
Same happened at the piggery and its all gone quiet.

This season alone weve had 2 players on yellow subbed before a red.
Tim player goes into the crowd after scoring a goal for them and already on a yellow.

Our club keep too quiet at times.

Doomed? A bit hyperbolic.
Not really, they have major issues and the glaziers seem happy to keep taking out the club and will be hard to remove.

Also, they are so far behind other teams now it’s hard to see when they next win the league which for Man Utd is doomed stuff

Day off cancelled and players made to run 13.8km as that’s the distance Brentford players covered more than Manchester United.

Ronaldo was told to acknowledge the Manchester United away support, he failed to do so and at the same time he blanked Ten Hag. Wee bitch needs brought down a level. All on him, he knew the basket case he was joining last summer under Solskjaer.

Day off cancelled and players made to run 13.8km as that’s the distance Brentford players covered more than Manchester United.

Ronaldo was told to acknowledge the Manchester United away support, he failed to do so and at the same time he blanked Ten Hag. Wee bitch needs brought down a level. All on him, he knew the basket case he was joining last summer under Solskjaer.

“Wee bitch.” Five time UCL winner and literally one of the greatest players in the history of football has no interest in playing for a club with zero direction or real point.

The 13.8k nonsense is the exact same rubbish artifice people loved Pedro Caixinha for. Maybe he’ll ban blue boots next.

Man Utd have a problem in that they run as a business not a football club. Players generate money via merchandise so the board will back players over managers. The players have no respect for the manager due to a filter down of show us your medals attitude after Fergie left. Referring to Moyes as Everton was disgraceful. Even when Jose arrived and had the medals to prove he knew what he was doing the players didn’t like his tactics, the board didn’t back him and they still have the same players who let down Jose letting down subsequent managers but the board can’t see it as it might reduce their revenue streams.

Basket case of a club and it’s delightful being able to watch from the outside.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out in a wider context in the next few years. Barcelona and Man U are two of the biggest clubs in the world and now basket cases. Man U might struggle to get into the CL for the foreseeable and Barcelona are miles from challenging for it. Can only think the super league stuff will rear its head again sooner rather than later as these and others similar clubs get more desperate.

“Wee bitch.” Five time UCL winner and literally one of the greatest players in the history of football has no interest in playing for a club with zero direction or real point.

The 13.8k nonsense is the exact same rubbish artifice people loved Pedro Caixinha for. Maybe he’ll ban blue boots next.

Wee bitch, yes. Acting like one. He knew what he was joining.

Artificial people lol

I’ve always detested Man Utd as a club and institution. We all know that they have a large catholic following too and their links to Celtic were very strong back in the 1960s and 1970s. They have really become a complete basket case in recent times though since the Glaziers took over.

When you think about it, it appears they were only successful because of Ferguson.

Before he joined they were rotten for years and even got relegated at one point, then he came in, transformed them completely, won everything there was to win and made Man U arguably the biggest club brand in the world, but since he left they’ve returned to being rubbish again.

Bit like Aberdeen actually.
They'd be Villa-esque if not for Fergie.

Oh ffs :)) mega fanboy alert

Back