Let’s talk about Manchester United

Said in another thread recently, they're at stage they don't need these "superstars" they seem to want.
What they need is 6+ above average players, and re-build.

An absolute mess of a club on all fronts; and as someone with no real love for them one I am quite enjoying watching from afar.

Their players are lazy primadonas who refuse to do the basics like track runners, win tackles, close opponents down.

They spend ridiculous money on fees and wages for players well past their best.

Hell mend them.
Rashford is a great player but really lazy yesterday. The Brentford strikers showed how to play the game.

sensible but it's not happening at a team like Man Utd who need to win games to keep their fans happy

for a current team example, look at Barcelona. Could do the same but won't, although don't have the same crappy team

Barca are a mess financially but you're wrong in saying they're not bringing youth through...

Pedri, Gavi, Ansu Fati, Eric Garcia and Dest are all under 21 and first team regulars.

The situation at Man Utd is mental. They let someone like Cavani leave then try to replace him with Arnautovic lol.

Day off cancelled and players made to run 13.8km as that’s the distance Brentford players covered more than Manchester United.

Ronaldo was told to acknowledge the Manchester United away support, he failed to do so and at the same time he blanked Ten Hag. Wee bitch needs brought down a level. All on him, he knew the basket case he was joining last summer under Solskjaer.
It's at the point where Utd will have to pay clubs to take Fraudnaldo off their hands.

It's at the point where Utd will have to pay clubs to take Fraudnaldo off their hands.

Whats-App-Image-2022-08-14-at-10-24-50-PM.jpg

At least Barcelona seem to be prepared to shithouse their way out of their new found banter club status.

Man Utd are like Muhammad Ali in his later years, getting absolutely slapped about by opponents who really shouldn't have any right to do so.

As long as the Glazers keep getting their yearly share dividends and debt repayments for loaning the club its own money, they won't give a toss.

They've sat back and done nothing as first Man City then Liverpool and Chelsea modernised their footballing departments, and at the same time appointed a steady stream of people wholly unqualified for the most important jobs. Now they're going to sit back and watch as the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and to a lesser extent West Ham all similarly modernise.

Because of he nature of Man U as a club, local fans giving it up or protesting will make no real difference. There is a 100 tourists waiting to take every 1 seat vacated. Change is only going to come when they start to lose their global appeal, something that even with years of failure hasn't truly deserted them.

“Wee bitch.” Five time UCL winner and literally one of the greatest players in the history of football has no interest in playing for a club with zero direction or real point.

The 13.8k nonsense is the exact same rubbish artifice people loved Pedro Caixinha for. Maybe he’ll ban blue boots next.
Running 13.8k less than your opponents is pretty damning tbh.

They are an absolute shambles. Brighton should have had a penalty at 2-0 last week aswell and that score could have been as embarrassing as the weekend gone.

I'm loving every second of it.

Sky need to make sure Keane is there for every single game they show live though because they missed a trick again not having him on. I can also bet Redknapp wouldn't have got wide with him like he did with Neville.

I hope they continue to toil for years to come as i cannot stand them.

If you thought ArsenalTV was gold wait to you seen the looneys on that side, Andy Tate is the equivalent of that daft c*nt who supports Killie.

Murder, may as well fold.

In all seriousness, as much as I’m not a fan, it’s a shame seeing a big club with huge history get embarrassed by daft teams every other week.

No idea what the issue is in the club but surely 6 managers after SAF can’t all be sh!te.

Is it f*ck, they had their time, now just enjoy their suffering.

It's not like they were demoted after other clubs stabbed them in the back, they just got too cocky and entitled due to SAF being in charge and now the harsh reality is that they are absolutely miles off it.

Now their mismanagement by the Glazers is biting them in the arse, the English clubs are happy to pander to these sugar daddy's so they can deal with the consequences.

I'm loving every second of it.

Sky need to make sure Keane is there for every single game they show live though because they missed a trick again not having him on. I can also bet Redknapp wouldn't have got wide with him like he did with Neville.

I hope they continue to toil for years to come as i cannot stand them.

If you thought ArsenalTV was gold wait to you seen the looneys on that side, Andy Tate is the equivalent of that daft c*nt who supports Killie.

Sky is becoming a joke with the constant need to have loads of women on the panels.

Ten Hag is either chucking what they have under a bus or Le Guen, most likely the later.

I wouldn't be entirely shocked if Ronaldo manages them by the end of the season.

Weird they don't even seem to be attempting to sign a player like Aouar

Bruno Fernandes is, quite gash and turning into Ten Hags Sionko.

Recall reading an article saying Man U would pay the price for allowing one man to have too much power for too long a time.

They had real glory years under Ferguson.
His run was extended by the youth that came though, but when one guy holds that much sway over the running of a club, when they go, there can’t be much of a framework for continuity.

Liverpool gave Klopp time and money, the former being a real rarity in the EPL.

At some point, the Old Traffird hierarchy will have to stop the musical chairs, pin their faith in someone and give them the time required to get things right.

Recall reading an article saying Man U would pay the price for allowing one man to have too much power for too long a time.

They had real glory years under Ferguson.
His run was extended by the youth that came though, but when one guy holds that much sway over the running of a club, when they go, there can’t be much of a framework for continuity.

Liverpool gave Klopp time and money, the former being a real rarity in the EPL.

At some point, the Old Traffird hierarchy will have to stop the musical chairs, pin their faith in someone and give them the time required to get things right.

Why? They are making millions per year from them without having to do anything

Effectively the glaziers is ruined man utd. Not interested in maintaining or expansion of old Trafford. Few man utd work colleagues has said the ground needs a massive maintenance to give it a fresher look. The failure to invest in the most sought after managers was criminal.

They had the chance with pep. Could have went for Jürgen klopp. But they got Moyes.

Also I see eth coat is on a shooglely peg. If he leaves where do they go. Personally I think they might go and see if the fat kangaroo would want the job.
I don't think Angie has done anything of note to justify being considered for that job. So far, he's been a failure in Europe. Winning in Scotland when your spending budget is double your nearest rivals, and more than the other teams added together, is not a good indicator of his coaching ability.

It isn't a new manager Man U need. The club needs gutted from top down and a structure and vision put in place.

Isn't ten Hag meant to be that guy? It already looks as though they're worse off than when Rangnick was there. They're in a right state just now and their season is only 2 games old.

They are linked with Jamie Vardy now :D

What a shambles of a football club.
Sums them up. Recruitment meeting. We want to be a team that controls possession and dominates opposing teams. I know, let's sign the ultimate counter attacking striker who is getting on, paid a fortune and unlikely to retain his main asset, pace, for more than another season. That'll fit well within our ethos of what we are looking for. What could possibly go wrong.

As long as the Glazers keep getting their yearly share dividends and debt repayments for loaning the club its own money, they won't give a toss.

They've sat back and done nothing as first Man City then Liverpool and Chelsea modernised their footballing departments, and at the same time appointed a steady stream of people wholly unqualified for the most important jobs. Now they're going to sit back and watch as the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and to a lesser extent West Ham all similarly modernise.

Because of he nature of Man U as a club, local fans giving it up or protesting will make no real difference. There is a 100 tourists waiting to take every 1 seat vacated. Change is only going to come when they start to lose their global appeal, something that even with years of failure hasn't truly deserted them.
Even when they went 25 years without a league title, they still had the biggest tourist fanbase in the world.

It's a damning indictment of a business, organisation or football club that if a figure leaves and another comes in that it cannot continue to function at the high levels it has already set for itself.

Ferguson's legacy at United was so great that it has been damaging for all subsequent managers, even ten years on.

There's maybe something in there about managers having shorter spells and identifying a clear target to bring in once you leave.

I know Ferguson brought years of unparalleled success to United but we're now ten years into the club being a complete basket case.

Simply put they were spoiled by Fergie who ive no doubt was more hands onin all aspects.
Also similar to Walter he had that fear factor about him where the bottle merchants would be weeded out.

A positive about Utds debacle is listening to G Neville and R Keane imploding whilst ripping into them.

Is it f*ck, they had their time, now just enjoy their suffering.

It's not like they were demoted after other clubs stabbed them in the back, they just got too cocky and entitled due to SAF being in charge and now the harsh reality is that they are absolutely miles off it.

Now their mismanagement by the Glazers is biting them in the arse, the English clubs are happy to pander to these sugar daddy's so they can deal with the consequences.
United fans never wanted them in, certainly didn’t pander to them.

The likes of Manchester United and Arsenal have that many people who class themselves as “fans” that their actual “support” loses their voice.

If, we as Rangers, won the CL 3 years in a row under some random billionaire and all of a sudden, went from a support of 60,000 or so (not exact, clearly) who go to the effort to attend put our hand in our pocket etc and so on, to a "support" of 400,000 people who claim to be “Rangers fans” but that reaches out to Asia, Africa, Europe, America etc with random Twitter accounts of c*nts who in reality know next to f*ck all about the football club, our current “fan base” would very quickly lose control of our club and their voice, to then be shouted over by people who in reality, wouldn’t be there if the club went down the sh*ts again or in many cases never even attend games, or are close to doing so, and "support" Man U in the way I "support" the New York Knicks, in that I, in reality enjoy them at best rather than fully live it

People are very quick to overlook this when making claims of what “fans” of a lot of EPL teams actually want, a f*ck load of, mostly local to the stadium or City these teams play in “fans” have next to f*ck all interest in a lot of the people who have owned their clubs and can generally appreciate the sizes of these clubs before these owners ever got their hands on them

In the case of Man U most of their “fans” have been priced out and kicked out their stadium by absolute tourists

Ibrahimovic was an excellent signing
Yeah he was excellent. Carried them, and I mean actually carried them, not stood about with the entire team having to conform to his shortcomings and desire for goal records.

Cavani was actually doing well for them too before they had to adjust their game the following season.

They've really got to give ETH a run at rebuilding the club from top to bottom. I don't know if he'll get that run and I don't know if he will be good enough. Suspect it requires a Ferguson figure but there's not many of them around these days. Ronaldo leaving would be a good start, he's obviously pissed off and not humble enough to hide it. In the meantime I find it all thoroughly enjoyable!

"The Glazers need to..."
The Glazers need to do nothing, they profit from the club & there is nothing any fan can really do about it. Walk-out? Cool, just spend less on the squad then. It's a shambles & completely unfair, but when folk like Neville say what they need to (or have to) do, they mean it's what they (the fans) want them to do.

That's the unfortunate reality.

Back