Let’s talk about Manchester United

Needed almost an entire new team going into the season. Still need a centre back, left back, right back, defensive mid, centre midfielder, left winger and a striker. Its too late for all that now but I'd be out the door as soon as the window shuts if he doesn't have at least 4 of those positions filled in.
100 MILLION for Alfie, Goldson and Borna. Cheap at twice the price.

Great to see them struggle, used to hate it at school when people would say they supported them over a Scottish team even though they had only been to like 1 match. Had 1 friend who changed from supporting us to Man U because we had a couple of bad seasons. Unsurprisingly not a friend anymore but saw him in a picture in Seville!? So he must have gone back to being a Rangers fan o_O

Great to see them struggle, used to hate it at school when people would say they supported them over a Scottish team even though they had only been to like 1 match. Had 1 friend who changed from supporting us to Man U because we had a couple of bad seasons. Unsurprisingly not a friend anymore but saw him in a picture in Seville!? So he must have gone back to being a Rangers fan o_O
A particular issue in Aus is the "who's your English side?" type questions.
I work with a lad who "supports" Brisbane Roar, Liverpool AND Chelsea.

I have particular hatred of Chelsea supporting Aussies due to our supporters club in Sydney sharing a pub with them - they muscled in during the admin era of 2012 by making out like we'd "died" and wouldn't need the pub. The pub then checked fixtures and noted that there's not too many clashes.

Then on the nights we did kick off clash, or even overlap it was usually carnage. They'd pull in a lot more (annoyingly), we'd be mental and they'd hate it and complain about 20 of us watching big screens and them getting 100+ pushed into a corner on tiny screens.
Flip side for the bar is the 20 of us would probably spend 4 times what the cumulative of the 100 of them was.

Only the case too of them getting good numbers when was start/end of season when kick off times good. A 9pm Saturday they'd have loads more. 2am Sunday they wouldn't even bother showing.

Sky is becoming a joke with the constant need to have loads of women on the panels.
yup what a load of nonsense that is they just talk absolute crap its embarassing, its like having Clancy on commenting on VAR decisions

Amazing CR7 is being blamed for Man Utd’s troubles this season, he’s probably the only one in that squad who knows the standards of old and is sick of whats happening.

Without his goals last season where would they have finished?

Hope he leaves and does well at his next club.

Sir Jim Radcliffe alleged to be interested in buying Man Ure.
Always hoped he'd invest in The Famous. How much would he need to turn the Glazers head?. Can't see them leaving at a discount as their moronic element in Black can't rock up outside their house's in balaclava's and intimate them!

Always hoped he'd invest in The Famous. How much would he need to turn the Glazers head?. Can't see them leaving at a discount as their moronic element in Black can't rock up outside their house's in balaclava's and intimate them!
Did he not want Chelsea too at one stage?

A particular issue in Aus is the "who's your English side?" type questions.
I work with a lad who "supports" Brisbane Roar, Liverpool AND Chelsea.

I have particular hatred of Chelsea supporting Aussies due to our supporters club in Sydney sharing a pub with them - they muscled in during the admin era of 2012 by making out like we'd "died" and wouldn't need the pub. The pub then checked fixtures and noted that there's not too many clashes.

Then on the nights we did kick off clash, or even overlap it was usually carnage. They'd pull in a lot more (annoyingly), we'd be mental and they'd hate it and complain about 20 of us watching big screens and them getting 100+ pushed into a corner on tiny screens.
Flip side for the bar is the 20 of us would probably spend 4 times what the cumulative of the 100 of them was.

Only the case too of them getting good numbers when was start/end of season when kick off times good. A 9pm Saturday they'd have loads more. 2am Sunday they wouldn't even bother showing.
I live in Australia too and totally get what you mean, one of my mates said recently his work mate told him that his football teams are Liverpool and Bayern Munich despite having no connection to either. Probably played as them in fifa career mode or something. Watched an old firm with you guys at the Pig N Whistle a few years ago!

Neville has no right to judge anyone on how to run a football club.
He failed miserably as a manager and had to run back to his cushy number with Sky.

I live in Australia too and totally get what you mean, one of my mates said recently his work mate told him that his football teams are Liverpool and Bayern Munich despite having no connection to either. Probably played as them in fifa career mode or something. Watched an old firm with you guys at the Pig N Whistle a few years ago!
My Chelsea experience was in Sydney.
Pig a great venue for it up here though, and decent pint too. I'm a bit lax at going in these days, Sunday games last few years now cause of Europa have killed it for me - too far to drive in to be bothered, which when I was on committee of Sydney club used to annoy me people saying!

Are the men in black going to hug the Glazers and whisper sweet nothings in their ears?

Presumably if we get knocked out by PSV we would not be able to get Man U in the group as they will be a top seed too. Shame would have loved to skelp them twice.

"The Glazers need to..."
The Glazers need to do nothing, they profit from the club & there is nothing any fan can really do about it. Walk-out? Cool, just spend less on the squad then. It's a shambles & completely unfair, but when folk like Neville say what they need to (or have to) do, they mean it's what they (the fans) want them to do.

That's the unfortunate reality.
To be fair to the Glazers, the Club could have been successful to a reasonable extent with the money spent. Its just been spent so badly for so long with no strategic building year on year.

Surely the most wastage of any Football Club in the World.

They seem incapable of drawing a line under all these mistakes, acknowledging a hard reset is required and will take a lot of time, then executing.

Just mistakes, repeat to fade.

To be fair to the Glazers, the Club could have been successful to a reasonable extent with the money spent. Its just been spent so badly for so long with no strategic building year on year.

Surely the most wastage of any Football Club in the World.

They seem incapable of drawing a line under all these mistakes, acknowledging a hard reset is required and will take a lot of time, then executing.

Just mistakes, repeat to fade.
You're right, they could've had a set-up where they could've made even more money skimming profits, whilst building a club at a smaller budget. Instead though they panic buy in spells, then underinvest in others.

Giving Woodward basically the keys to OT, with no one to oversee the footballing side (recruitment, etc.) is a decision that even Barca would cringe at. If they want to start making amends (which again I don't think they care), go & buy 2 midfielders. 2 deeper midfielders will take that club up multiple levels, you could go with JWP & Milinkovic-Savic in there for McFred & the they would instantly become a better side IMO

I think in years to come the talents of Sir Alex will be magnified further by Manchester United's decline.

Yes, they were always a huge club and there's a lot of factors to consider - especially smaller clubs like City being able to fund Guardiola - but he forged the machine they were in his own image.

Rarely do i ever watch any games in the EPL , but i will watch Man Utd v Liverpool. Its becoming interesting what happens to them in this next short period.

It’s hard to see where they’re gonna pick up points. At home to Leeds looks the only one I’d say they’d be favourites to win!

Plenty of comedy to look forward to id say.

test ban phim

massive amount of cash will be needed to rejuvenate them, and even then can’t see them competing with city or Liverpool

throwing bids around Europe for "elite" level players who clearly aren't willing to go given the shambles they are + no CL football

becoming embarassing for them now
they need someone to target the next "top players" the ones you take a slight gamble on them improving themselves and your team
and not in the "had one decent EPL season so i'll throw £50m at his club"

I always here this stuff about the owners, but the money has always been there to buy whoever they need to buy, the problem is the people doling the buying and the players they are bringing in. They now have a situation where they are no longer really that attractive to players as the market for clubs to go to has widened.

Successive managers have now tried to play a high defensive line with De Gea and Mcguire. It simply will not work. They can't do it.

To go from the Ragnick disaster, renowned for high line / high pressing, to then employing Ten Hag who is renowned for high line / high pressing with the same squad a players is quite incredible.

Complete ignorance from the people making the appointments and arrogance from the afore mentioned coaches thinking they could get this squad to play thier style.

I work with a boy in Glasgow who "supports" Celtic, Man United, Barcelona and Roma :oops:

Seems all the interfering by some has finally paid off for them took it's time but looks like they are selling up I bet Ferguson is happy

Looks like they're closing in on Casemiro, 5 year deal doubling his Madrid wage apparently.

%^*& leaving the warm Spanish climate and Real Madrid to slog out for top 6-8 with Man Utd.

Back