Let them have their trebles, all I care about is stopping 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve got a larger budget and pay higher wages - considerably higher. You can’t say it’s bust if we don’t win the league.

Winning the Scottish cup and running them close next season, and taking the league off them the next, is far more realistic.

You can talk about progress all you want but there comes a time when Rangers have to put up or shut up.

We absolutely need to win the league the next season.

You can talk about progress all you want but there comes a time when Rangers have to put up or shut up.

We absolutely need to win the league the next season.

Well in light of recent news winning the league is more achievable

10 in a row will evaporate in their grimy faces without any assistance from us when they are shut down for criminal abuse

Colum doing what he does best, awarding a dodgy penalty when his team is behind. We are a better footballing team, our time will come.

Until Rangers are back where we belong on top their titles are tainted because the competition hasn't been there. They deserve an asterisk next to every one of their supposed trebles.

Call me a grammar nazi but it's a triple, not a treble. "Triple" is a set of 3 different things, such as football trophies. "Treble" is 3 of the same thing or to make something 3 times bigger - treble 20 in darts for example, or the emergency number in the UK being treble 9.

I’ll admit it’s annoying watching them make history but Scottish domestic trebles are vastly overrated anyway.

If I had my way I’d have Rangers drop out the league cup altogether. I don’t know about you, but I could live without the domestic treble if it gives us more of a chance of winning a European trophy if we ever reach the heights of 2008 again. The sheer amount of games we had that season killed us.

But I digress. Enjoy your trebles celtic, this Bear will get over it very quickly. Stopping 10 is my only priority and has been ever since Chick Young said it would be a ‘stroll’ when we went down div 3.

Strap yourselves in boys, we’re coming for you. Roll on 55. Let’s go.

Pretty much my thoughts. Lemon will be given money to spend, it won't be a walk over by any means, but we've got a chance.

I agree with the sentiment
However the fact that we’ve been here for 3 seasons again and they’ve strolled everything is embarrassing.

Our first season back was always going to be a write off. The Pedro fiasco set us back a year, but we've got stability now. We've been handed a chance this season. We've said for the past few seasons "this summer is absolutely massive" but it really rings true now.

I have to say I dont really care about their 10 either. It's not rated in my mind with us being out the league for so long. For all the joy they may celebrate winning 9 or 10 I can guarantee you the pain they will suffer at our 55 will far outweigh it! WATP

Nothing will touch what we did to them in the 90's. Nothing. They have the mentality they do because of that decade. We broke them. Our 9 in a row team were a whisker away from the CL final whilst they've barely got one decent team to look back on in these recent years. Says it all really. Hollow victory attained though circumstances outwith our control, and they know it.

Last edited:
I just want 55, their numbers mean nothing to me because 55 will then be 56 and 57 and then trebles, it will all fall into place. %^*& Celtic it's about us

I want to win to have success for Rangers not to stop anyone else doing anything.

That screams small time.

Spot on amigo.

Struth didn't make us into what we are today by giving a f uck about what went on at their dump.

His attitude - echoed thereafter by Wallace, Souness and Smith - was always geared towards making the Rangers the best, the benchmark, by the standards we set for ourselves only. It comes down to an intrinsic matter of self-respect. Only inadequates focus elsewhere - and we should never, ever measure ourselves or hold ambitions depending on the mood of that rancid mob.

Equally, the majority of the titles won by Septic in recent years are, as far as I'm concerned, simply noted with an asterisk. As such, they are an irrelevance - and, deep down, I reckon quite a few soap dodgers know this as well.

I want us to win the Premiership next season, to crown our resurgence, for the loyalty of the supporters who have been to hell and back through the actions of a band of scumbag crooks and, finally, for Stevie G. Not to 'stop' whatever parochial BS quest by Septic, of which no-one outside of the San Giro ultimately gives a single f uck about.

Let's Go.

Tonight was a night to pop open the champagne bears.

With Lennon at the helm we’re now title favourites 19/20.

55 is now on the way.

And how sweet it will be.

It doesn’t matter what they do. Who cares if they win 10 in a row or 11 (other than the fact it clearly means we didn’t win it) or have more Scottish cups or hold the record points total or any other stat. All those stats are is a way for opposing fans to wind each other up. They brag about their EC win cos we haven’t won it. But if we’d won one each, they’d brag about winning it first, or doing it with 11 Scots. If we’d won ours in the CL era, we’d brag back about how the CL is seeded and much harder to win. If we’d won 2 to their 1, we’d brag about that. It’s what football rivals do. So whatever target they’re aiming for that we stop, they’d just find some other stat to brag about whilst we brag about stopping them. It’ll never change, no matter who wins what. So let’s just focus on being the best we can be and f()ck those manky, bogtrotting unwashed bastards

I’ll admit it’s annoying watching them make history but Scottish domestic trebles are vastly overrated anyway.

If I had my way I’d have Rangers drop out the league cup altogether. I don’t know about you, but I could live without the domestic treble if it gives us more of a chance of winning a European trophy if we ever reach the heights of 2008 again. The sheer amount of games we had that season killed us.

But I digress. Enjoy your trebles celtic, this Bear will get over it very quickly. Stopping 10 is my only priority and has been ever since Chick Young said it would be a ‘stroll’ when we went down div 3.

Strap yourselves in boys, we’re coming for you. Roll on 55. Let’s go.
Stop 10?? Stop 9 imo ;)

I just want to win #55. We will do it very very soon, hopefully next season. I don't care about their tainted 10 or whatever, we weren't here for a lot of it. But we are back now. And going for #55

I just want to win #55. We will do it very very soon, hopefully next season. I don't care about their tainted 10 or whatever, we weren't here for a lot of it. But we are back now. And going for #55
Exactly mate. Tainted as fck.

Lennon = 55

I want us to win a major trophy ASAP then the league title.

Once the flag is flying over Ibrox again, I’ll regard it as closure on the events of 2012.

tainted-titles.gif

Moving the League Cup final to November has made it easier to win the treble, IMO. Gets the first one out the way pretty early and allows you to focus on the rest rather than playing alot of big games in the spring.

I just want to win the title, whether it's next season or in 5 season's time, we just have to get back to where we belong. The officials seem to be helping Celtic on their way, getting many crucial decisions. The BBC not questioning the penalty award for the leveler v Hearts was a disgrace. I heard Max Rushden on Talksport calling it a dodgy pen, takes an English outlet to speak the truth.

All I care about is a club to support going forward beyond the next however many years.

Would absolutely love to stop them doing 10IAR, obviously, however would I want us to blow the bank and spend anything we can to do it? Absolutely not a fucking chance.

Creating a self-sufficient club and business model that will bring success on and off the park is far more important.

I just want to win the title, whether it's next season or in 5 season's time, we just have to get back to where we belong

My problem with that is this. If we win the league in 2020 or 2021, they will have a meltdown of epic proportions. If we win it after that they won’t care. They’ll be singing and dancing all the way back to their slophouses. I think I’d find it difficult to get excited for a title push when I’d know celtic wouldn’t care if they lost. That would be the biggest insult.

I want us to win a major trophy ASAP then the league title.

Once the flag is flying over Ibrox again, I’ll regard it as closure on the events of 2012.

Once we’re champions again and back in the CL group stage, that will be closure for me.

It will be a very special moment on that autumn evening seeing the players line up at Ibrox with the CL music playing.

Being Scottish champions isn’t enough. We need to be at Europe’s top table as well.

TLB getting offered the job this weekend was the absolute highlight of it, but does anyone know if he’s actually accepted it yet? Like put pen to paper? Just curiosity for me btw!

They’re no where near as good as they were under Rodgers, in fact they been declining since the end of 2017.

They’re still winning but not in a convincing manner, that performance today doesn’t scare me for next season.

We’re in a much better place now too, Gerrard has figured out our best formation and style of play after a rather up and down season.

We’re a key signing away from the league in my opinion. We also need to fly out the traps next season.
Agreed. They have limped over the line and have got a bigger job in the summer than us. With Lennon confirmed I am confident we can do it.

10 must be stopped. I do think we need to win it next year though. The pressure is building on both side of the divide.

Moving the League Cup final to November has made it easier to win the treble, IMO. Gets the first one out the way pretty early and allows you to focus on the rest rather than playing alot of big games in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back