Let's all do the Anton - This day in 1990

Some great footage magic moments. Remember follow follow magnificent wind ups of Anton R .
Having the usual pre match bevy in the Vale one of the mates bought 4 Anton postcards from the septic shop and we selotaped them to our foreheads and caught the subway to the game!

The SC game on the wed against them when Shitey Galloway was robbed then Huistra scored iirc?
The camera shakes with the stand moving, bliss.

The SC game on the wed against them when Shitey Galloway was robbed then Huistra scored iirc?
The camera shakes with the stand moving, bliss.
If we are talking about the same game it was a League Cup semi where the crowd was split 50/50. Durrant bullied Shitey before setting up Hateley.

Huistra was sent off for taking trying to boot Tom Boyd. But missed.

If we are talking about the same game it was a League Cup semi where the crowd was split 50/50. Durrant bullied Shitey before setting up Hateley.

Huistra was sent off for taking trying to boot Tom Boyd. But missed.
Ha ha!
Aye that’s the one, I knew Huistra was involved!
At the EE Copland bye line.
That was the days I used to go to 44 league games and all cup games.
Memory fades.

Was Anton Rogan the shitest footballer to ever play against us?
That's a bit harsh. After all, he was the first Roman Catholic to be named Rangers player of the year. :))

My personal favourite part of the clip is where all the yahoos jump up as one thinking Bonnar had saved it.

Then rapidly sit back down.:))

We were actually on a very poor run of form going into this match. A winless run of 6 games that also saw us exit the Scottish Cup at the piggery.
This win against the yahoos got us back on track for title number 40.

That makes me feel,old and at the same time I can remember doing the ‘Anton’ at the time. Was in The Govan rear for the game - Premier Club Loyal

That's a bit harsh. After all, he was the first Roman Catholic to be named Rangers player of the year. :))

My personal favourite part of the clip is where all the yahoos jump up as one thinking Bonnar had saved it.

Then rapidly sit back down.:))

I've posted this before, but it's one of my favourite Celtic stories.

When the Polish striker Dariusz Dziekanowski signed for Celtic, he couldn't speak a word of English. The story has it that the first English phrase he learned was, "Fuck sake, Anton!"

Mikey Galloway must be up there,as I told him once by singing his iconic song to him one day he came into the upstairs at the Horse Shoe Bar ,he pulled my mate up for it which I duly told him it was me and what about it and that was the end of that matter.

Oh shitey shitey
Shitey Shitey Shitey Shitey Galloway
Even my wee mum used to sing that. Away to herself when she was making dinner or whatever. Brilliant memories.

BTW you're totally correct. Dreadful footballer.

Enjoyed watching that again.Anton's face was a picture indeed at the first penalty:))

Also enjoyed the views of the main stand and enclosure at 2:34 and 4:16. A sight to behold.

Didn’t they put a red glove on him for the next one to remind him not to do it again ?

I watched this in my wee aunties house in dreghorn, for some reason she got all the early sky games free.
Same with Bourtreehill I think there was a main satellite thingy there my sister used to get the full Sky package free and wondered why I was always there

What a great memory, even if it makes me feel old!! The tackle from Fergie for Mo's goal would prob be a red card today :-(

Back