Lets All Laugh At Aberdeen - Goodwin Sacked

We finished them as a force in Scotland at Ibrox in 91.

Their death throes were 92/93 as treble runners up.

This year has been fucking hilarious, what could be worse than beating Rangers with 2 minutes to go and still losing :))

One of my favourite wins.

We got scudded the week before from Motherwell and always remember asking my dad if we will win against Aberdeen the following week. He was right about us winning and what a win.

Let's not forget they won 7 straight victories in the league before coming to Ibrox that day.

Probably cemented my moniker as my hero, now, then, forever.

Just imagine a double act of Lennon and Brown..

Jesus Christ Almighty that would take the hatred to a whole new level.

One of my favourite wins.

We got scudded the week before from Motherwell and always remember asking my dad if we will win against Aberdeen the following week. He was right about us winning and what a win.

Let's not forget they won 7 straight victories in the league before coming to Ibrox that day.

Probably cemented my moniker as my hero, now, then, forever.
The sheep were ultimately bullied that day, especially by Hateley, and subsequently left Ibrox in such a state of shock they never seriously challenged us ever again.

The’ve had 3 decent managers since Ferguson and chased all 3 out the door.

They’ve been a shitshow going right back to them deciding to bin Alex Smith as manager in the early 90s despite him making them the 2nd best side in the country and the only side who could give us a game. And all because they were desperate to give Wille Fkn Miller the job - who of course turned out to be an immediate disaster.

Since then it’s been one disaster after another, with the exception of a couple of purple patches under Calderwood and MacInnes who they chased out the club.

Their hatred of Rangers made them chase these two. Mcinnes should have done better, but he had them a lot better than Goodwin.

Not a fan of Marillion, but fair play to an 80s rock singer for finding a new career.
5a24c178fbc86e527f50dac527b793ce.png

:D

The sheep were ultimately bullied that day, especially by Hateley, and subsequently left Ibrox in such a state of shock they never seriously challenged us ever again.
The third goal at Motherwell the previous week was crucial.

If we had only lost 2-0 to Motherwell a draw on the final day would have won us the league

However we needed to win the game and despite a horrendous Injury list we prevailed

Hope the sheep’s demise continues for s long time. At Hampden they chased every ball and showed great appetite, questions should be asked why they don’t do that every week

Really hope they get dragged into a relegation battle

So do I.

In saying that Aberdeen should a major force in Scottish football. If they were run by someone with any sort of ambition they would be well clear of the rest and, if the stars were aligned right, could mount the odd challenge for the league.

As much as these pricks irritate me, and no I have not forgotten the 2012 blood lust, a part of me would welcome the chase if Hearts and Aberdeen - or any other club in Scotland - were to show some ambition and put some major investment into their squads.

That isn't going to happen any time soon though - so relegation for the Fleeces it is please.

So do I.

In saying that Aberdeen should a major force in Scottish football. If they were run by someone with any sort of ambition they would be well clear of the rest and, if the stars were aligned right, could mount the odd challenge for the league.

As much as these pricks irritate me, and no I have not forgotten the 2012 blood lust, a part of me would welcome the chase if Hearts and Aberdeen - or any other club in Scotland - were to show some ambition and put some major investment into their squads.

That isn't going to happen any time soon though - so relegation for the Fleeces it is please.
I agree, if we had a healthy competitive league with higher quality players then that would naturally push our levels up.

Maybe we'd compete better in Euro games if we were tested by higher quality opponents every week instead of against low quality garbage.

From twitter

The Club has put in place an interim coaching team to oversee first team matters.

Led by Barry Robson, the coaching team will comprise Steve Agnew, a highly experienced coach who worked with Barry at Middlesbrough FC, and Development Phase coach, Scott Anderson.

So do I.

I absolutely disagree with you in that we should welcome that club in from the cold.

Off on a tangent, I suppose.

Growing up, Aberdeen away was one of those 'sticky' fixtures.

In fact I can remember the week before the DJ cup final of 1970, them beating us 2-0 at Ibrox.

It was always, (mostly) a hard fixture.

Quite when it it descended into what we have now, who knows?

But surely, never, ever again should we entertain this club on any level.

There is no use trying to court them for the greater good, because they simply don't care.

The hatred of Rangers is all that matters.

Can you imagine, our club going to that dumpling Cormack with a new blueprint for the betterment of Scottish football and that guy trying to sell it to Dolly?

As I said, I've went off on a tangent.

I absolutely disagree with you in that we should welcome that club in from the cold.

Off on a tangent, I suppose.

Growing up, Aberdeen away was one of those 'sticky' fixtures.

In fact I can remember the week before the DJ cup final of 1970, them beating us 2-0 at Ibrox.

It was always, (mostly) a hard fixture.

Quite when it it descended into what we have now, who knows?

But surely, never, ever again should we entertain this club on any level.

There is no use trying to court them for the greater good, because they simply don't care.

The hatred of Rangers is all that matters.

Can you imagine, our club going to that dumpling Cormack with a new blueprint for the betterment of Scottish football and that guy trying to sell it to Dolly?

As I said, I've went off on a tangent.

All fair points.

Cormack is a fool - even the Aberdeen fans seem not to like him.

They should be far better than they are though - perhaps a team challenging for honours would divert the attentions of their angry fans away from Ibrox.

Hearts and, to a lesser extent, Hibs should also be stronger than what they are IMO.

All fair points.

Cormack is a fool - even the Aberdeen fans seem not to like him.

They should be far better than they are though - perhaps a team challenging for honours would divert the attentions of their angry fans away from Ibrox.

Hearts and, to a lesser extent, Hibs should also be stronger than what they are IMO.
I do get the points you make.

Except Aberdeen. There's just something there about us, that I just don't get that even decades of civilisation and education will dilute.

It has went far beyond the point of being irrational.

Would I ever extend the hand of friendhsip to these vermin?

That would be a no.

However, if it isn't the presesnt numpty in charge of this rancid club, Cormack, those in the future will have to tackle the malaise Scottish football is in.

Good luck selling the fact that only Rangers can offer a solution to the corruption.

Told my Aberdeen supporting mate that I was' in the know' and had heard that Aberdeen were going for Tam Courts, with Shinnie and Stephen Crainey as assistants.

He went fkn mental.

I still haven't told him that I'd just made it up.....
Brilliant!

I think fire in Alex Rae as a name rumoured would cause some self combustion!!

Looking fwd to see the sheep drop into the relegation zone and hopefully end up in a relegation play off final and lose to the likes of Ayr Utd or the Jags on penalties and watching Cormack burst into tears in front of the assembled media.

Never fear, the Scottish Hacks will not allow a Good Celt!c Man to disappear from the Management scene for too long.

Cue a few articles explaining why Jim Goodwin is actually unlucky followed by an in-depth interview with Graham Spiers explaining why Goodwin is a 'fascinating character'.

Should be back in employment before too long.

Rest assured Goodwin will get a few punditry gigs on Sportscene through his best mate Thompson and also on Sportsound with the sheepsupporting fanny boy Gordon and then he’ll jump back on the Manager roundabout and end up at club like Motherwell.

That clown Ally Begg’s suggestions for sheep manager:

Neil Lennon
Steve Clarke
Chris Wilder
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Adi Hutter

Hahahaha. This is the problem with these idiots - they are stuck in the early 80’s.

I agree, if we had a healthy competitive league with higher quality players then that would naturally push our levels up.

Maybe we'd compete better in Euro games if we were tested by higher quality opponents every week instead of against low quality garbage.
The league really is garbage mate, I wish we could hammer the rest as we should do. I do though like the fact we are winning when playing boring football still, we wouldn’t have done that under Gio.

As detestable and divisive a character as Lennon is, I’d imagine he’d probably have that bunch performing a lot better in the short to medium term than they did under those last two wankstains . . . well, before the inevitable disintegration towards emptying bottles of Buckfast and playing with his own faeces.

Hopefully the diddy they have running things up there isn’t that desperate, but then this is someone who thought two bob goons like Glass and Goodwin were right up the Dandy Dons street.

Failing that he could always go cap in hand to McInnes and plead with him to the bring back the glory years of mediocrity plus, but as others have said the temptation to see if Bobo Brown might put down the drool encrusted building blocks to answer their latest SOS might be too strong for him to resist.

One thing’s for sure, it’s a gig that will continue to demand the incumbent need only bother turning up for training four times a season, so what’s not to like?

After more than sixty years watching football I obviously have learned nothing! After watching Goodwin the player I was worried when he went to the sheep, I thought he would make a good manager.

Back