Let's now be honest with ourselves

Before Gerrard arrived it was looking like the impossible job. We had finished 3rd two seasons in a row, humiliated in Europe, and we were routinely gubbed in Old Firm matches. It was going to take a very special manager to rebuild a squad on it's knees and try and win the title within three years. Thankfully we found Gerrard who has exceeded expectations particularly when you consider our consistency in Europe along with the league title win.

Regardless of the ridiculous 8.75 decison last year, and mindful of the fact that it was 55 first and foremost...

Those reptiles winning 10 in a row would have been a brutal blow. Denial of it wouldn't have stopped their celebrations or the media adulation. It would have sickened us and while not a mortal blow it would have been incredibly hard to recover from.

I've lost count of the times over the last decade that I've argued with my father or others that they WOULDN'T do it, that we would eventually come good. But the doubt, the fear was always present.

I still can't quite believe we've done it. God bless everyone of them, and every supporter who never stopped believing.
I honestly never gave a solitary fućk about them and their 'achievements'.

I've said it from the start. We are not defined by them.

I take my hat off to you.

For me it wasn't clear that we were already being asset stripped in 2012 at that point and surely most of us believed "the journey" was a three year cakewalk through the lower leagues.

Even when DK&3B pulled off the incredible coup of 2015, I still didn't envisage 6 trophy-less years.
That realisation was gulp moment, it soon became very clear that the journey was going to be a fight for survival

We done it Steve, and what an achievement it is. I think its going to take some time to fully sink in for me, but im loving it!

I can't do the thought justice really but as a support, we've strengthened and become even more attached since 2012 when most of them thought we were glory hunters and would jump ship at the first sign of lacking in success. I'm sure in time they'll try to twist the narrative during the boycotts to our fans lacking in loyalty but we were there, week in and week out throughout all of this in a way that most other clubs in the world wouldn't be. 50,000 people buying season tickets through everything we've been through must be unparalleled. Most clubs wouldn't come back from it never mind be where we are now. I've posted before about how insufferable I've been this season and that'll ramp up tenfold now it's nearly official. If you think they've had enough, remember how much they wanted us dead and then reveled in the demotion. Think how much they're hurting now and the bravest of braves faces they're putting on it is fooling nobody.

Last edited:
If they did get their "10" yes it would have severely hurt us but still not as much as a legitimate 10 and even the daily rags in the centre page specials they would have brought out would have had to acknowledge our implosion was 95% of the reason for such dominance .

I thought they were winning 15 in a row We were really bad once pedro was here, I thought omg this is gona be bad and it was

Of course our 55 was always more important, of course there would have been all sorts of valid reasons from us why it wasn't anywhere near the achievement they would talk it up to be (given the circumstances of most of their "titles"), and of course they don't and never will define us.

But...it still would have been pish if they had won their 10. Just for the sheer noise factor - media overdrive, constant references, their putrid sense of arrogance and entitlement going up a notch etc. And I was really starting to fear that it was going to happen a few years ago, immediately post the Pedro shenanigans where we looked miles off what was needed.

But then, our board pulled what might arguably be the most unlikely and inspired managerial decision (gamble) of any major club in the last decade. And a born winner and leader walked through our door in Stevie G. And from that point, everything changed - within 3 years he has completely and utterly reversed their domestic dominance over us, restored and enhanced our European profile and of course, brought us our glorious 55. He timed it to perfection too...he let their expectations of (a tainted) 10iar reach fever pitch before completely and utterly annihilating them over the course of a perfect season with this incredible team that he and his staff have carefully assembled.

Just bravo to all concerned really, it's such a momentous achievement and immediately sits proudly amongst the greatest ever achievements of our club.

For me it is just about winning the title, I didn't care what Celtic achieved. I was disappointed that we didn't win it in the past 3 seasons, but we kept trying and improving. Winning the title means we are back where we belong, that is all that matters really. And Steven got us back to being a competitive European side in his first season and we continued to improve on this, which is perhaps even more remarkable in such a short space of time.

They beat who was in front of them when we weren’t there. Not arguing with that, despite even their own fans not being interested enough to turn up.

They needed this one to validate the ‘9’.

What is now clear is that they are and were broken internally. If last season had been played out we would have caught them.

Whilst the two match up it was NEVER about stopping them achieving something but more about us achieving something - simply to be Scottish Champions. Might sound petty but its a matter of focus.

Agree with the OP. Would have sickened me to see them win, and all our protestations, sincere or otherwise, would have been viewed as sour grapes as their moaning is now.

Interestingly though, their dominance does diminish the league to others. Surprised how many English mates who are well into their football genuinely didn't know this was celtic going for ten in a row. Would have been scant consolation.

Anyway. %^*& it. We stopped them.

Them winning 10 isn’t just something we’d have to endure this year, they’d have boasted about it for decades to come.

This is one of my favourite Rangers days! I wouldn't change a thing. Love this team. Love how we done it.

I've probably spoken shit there and not responded to this thread. But I'm steaming and I've never been higher on Rangers.

Those videos man!!!

Them winning 10 isn’t just something we’d have to endure this year, they’d have boasted about it for decades to come.
Correct...a absolutely worthless piece of shite they would milk from now until the end of time.... Well it's done now... Rejoice in that fact.... you tried to kill us but you and your vermin club couldn't.....

As much as I'd say it's not 10.. it wasn't even 9.....

I've enjoyed these last few months a lot. If we were a couple of even 5 points clear... I don't think I could have enjoyed anything.

It started with that Hungarian team and it's got even better most weeks. House of cards

They know the context of their 8.75 and quadruple treble - that's why they lost the rag when their grasp on the Ten slipped.

All that, to end up failing.
It's glorious.

IMHO after the disgrace of the mhanks being gift wrapped the title last year it made a total mockery of a "fair competition " , that was the straw that broke the camels back and for every Rangers Supporter it showed the contempt and disdain we have been treated with for the last decade so you can only imagine how the players,manager,coaching staff felt too. There has been no stopping Rangers this season because of that hurt being channelled on the pitch , Gerrard and the players have felt the same pain we endured and enough was enough and my oh my how great it has been to see that different animal unleashed. That scum thought they would stroll to their make believe 10 such was their arrogance and they still can't acknowledge they have been trounced this season with every excuse being used to deflect how shite they are, GLASGOW RANGERS WANTED IT MORE and that's why it's title number 55.

Tainted or not this city is such that them proclaiming 10 and rubbing our noses in it forever more would have hurt big time. Its a good thread because yes it was the unmentionable amongst us all when we were discussing it and putting up the 'tainted' defence.

History is written by the victors, if they won this year generations to come would never know about the 8.75 shambles, us being in lower leagues would be ignored and it would have been 10 this, 10 that!

I’ve been hopeful, maybe not always confident that we’d win it. I thought last year would have been our year so the post Christmas collapse was a kick in the stones.

Confident we would have won it this season, though too nervous to admit it because of what was at stake. Could never have imagined it would unfold the way it has.

Time now to enjoy and let 9 year of pent up emotion. Pain, anger, hurt, disappointment each and everyone of us have absorbed it for years, took it bottled it up and got on with it. Now time to let it all out whether that’s popping champagne, letting off fireworks or just a quiet sigh of relief over a cup of tea.

We have King, Gerrard and the others to thank for the tittle but our loyalty and unwavering support is the foundation that it’s built on.

No other support in the world would have endured the way we have.

No Surrender. Never.

Since my first game,(1960 Scottish Cup Final), every season was and is about us winning the league title. However having lived through the 60s/70s and winning the title at Easter Road I was concerned about this season even although I've always had the view that our seasons successes is always in our hands.

Whether we look on their titles as tainted the fact is that they would be in the record books for generations to come. However we won our 55th which was the priority but in doing so stopped them, that gives me double satisfaction

Tell all the tims you know
That you never got 10 in a row
You made it to 8
Were gifted 9 late
But you never got 10 in a row!

I’ll get my coat....

Personally I never cared that much about their TIAR. The important thing for me was our own progress.

There was an inescapable hollowness to the feat. I’m not one of those that subscribes to the assertion that the titles they won when we were out of the division were invalid - they’re not, they won them fair and square, but it was a free hit at it every season where no meaningful competition undeniably lessened the achievement.

Last season’s title ‘win’ was the one that rendered the whole sequence invalid however. If we’re being honest they would probably have gone on to win it if the season hadn’t been stopped, but it was, with a quarter of matches still to be played, so there will always be a unique asterisk alongside that to taint it.

So while it’s satisfying to have prevented them from setting the new record, it’s infinitely more rewarding to see the huge progress we’ve made as a team and a club.

Let’s not make this about them anymore than it needs to be; it is, as always, all about us.

I would be lying if I said that I’m not a tiny bit relieved that they won’t have 10 in the record books, that we’ll never hear about it the way we used to hear about the 9 before we did it ourselves. We would have known it was tainted, but it would have been there.

But that feeling of relieve is nothing compared to the joy of winning 55 and the joy of having our Rangers back where we belong, we we’ve all dreamed of being throughout the last decade of horror, humiliation and, at times, hopelessness.

Wouldn't have sickened me any more than them winning the league any other time.

This 9 in a row they've done is an almighty fraud. They've had a free run for years and haven't remotely looked capable in Europe, even under Rodgers it was skelping after skelping.

Their board has taken them for absolute mugs. They should be, by now, in a huge position of strength and able to challenge successfully in Europe whilst absolutely dominating for years and they've blown it.

It's taken us a couple of years to get together and also not only dominate domestically again, but really stamp our mark in Europe also.

Celtic are the biggest frauds of the last decade, and we've seen some through our doors to know them when we see them.

IMHO after the disgrace of the mhanks being gift wrapped the title last year it made a total mockery of a "fair competition " , that was the straw that broke the camels back and for every Rangers Supporter it showed the contempt and disdain we have been treated with for the last decade so you can only imagine how the players,manager,coaching staff felt too. There has been no stopping Rangers this season because of that hurt being channelled on the pitch , Gerrard and the players have felt the same pain we endured and enough was enough and my oh my how great it has been to see that different animal unleashed. That scum thought they would stroll to their make believe 10 such was their arrogance and they still can't acknowledge they have been trounced this season with every excuse being used to deflect how shite they are, GLASGOW Rangers WANTED IT MORE and that's why it's title number 55.
Spot on mate... well said...

There were plenty, myself included. Relief is one of the many emotions I'm feeling today and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Me too - was genuinely terrified of the asset stripping that was going on. There was a real possibility of losing Ibrox. The danger we were in as a club was very real and it is a miracle we got through it. There's an overwhelming sense of relief just now

I'm going to say you're in the minority, they could fake celebrate it all they wanted they knew and so did everyone else that this run of leagues was the most hollow in all sporting history
This is why I said Helicopter Sunday yesterday hurt them the most, but I suppose you had to be an adult back in 2005 to witness it and realise it destroyed them.

Their biggest failure is not making the champions league group stages on a more regular basis. Handed on a plate and they blew it.

Being the club they are they were desperate for this under any circumstances.
Now they can console themselves with the most tainted sequence of league titles in football history.
Almost half of them for free.....another couple with no real competition and another one awarded to them with the season incomplete.

Was completely dreading the ten and thought that the poor refereeing in this country would have guaranteed them ten .
Apart from a few refs, I think they've been reasonable this season and that's why we've kind of strolled it .
Just so glad it's over .

As tainted as their titles are, make no mistake they would have been unbearable for decades had they reached their holy grail of a tainted 10.

F**k them all - 55 has arrived.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Like their history, many of their recent titles are tainted.

We got points deducted. Tainted. Add a big fucking asterisk.

Lower leagues. They win one horse races. Why try to wind us up, totally irrelevant and tainted

Unfinished league add two asterisks. Awarded in corrupt manner. Lsughing stock.

Bye bye Terry. He is like the tooth fairy. Never real.

It became a bit of a thing.

Even the most clued-in, pessimistic Bear surely never expected them to be going for 10 titles when we kicked off at Glebe Park in July 2012?

I never thought it would take us two seasons to escape the second tier of Scottish football and I certainly didn't think we'd need 5 cracks at the SPL before the title came home.

I absolutely would not have believed we wouldn't win one of the cups in a decade either.

I know there are some mitigating circumstances, and whilst I really only care about us, it's not really possible to look at what we do in isolation.
Agree. I was doing the maths and expecting promotion to the SPL for the 2015 season and to be challenging the next year. I was obviously not counting on the spivs and the rest of the nonsense nor the carnage that had been wrought upon our club. It has been a “journey” that I never thought would end but with one point to go Brechin’s hedge is fading into the distance!

IMHO it has always been about us winning 55
This all day, the obsession with 10 was always about them (in the most part). It was something they could use to get it up us!!

Our focus was about winning 55, now it will be about 56!!

Thats the difference between us and them

Honestly couldn't have gave 2 fecks.
Points deduction and total collapse
5 x one horse races
and the piece de resistance, a title they didn't win and given credit for.

The only people who wouldn't have regarded the whole thing as the farce it was would have been the Scottish press, which I never read.

Back