GvB..(Woke prefix removed by op)

Every bit as much of a problem as the players right now.

Some of his decision making and point blank refusal to make substitutions is inexplicable.

Absolutely NOT all on him by any means but going down the defiance route as he did today at the presser never ends well for a manager.

He hasn’t helped himself today. I don’t think you can overlook a lot of these players though and how they continually shit the bed when we’re under real pressure, it was the same under Gerrard. It’s abundantly clear in cup competition, and aside from one occasion where we were more or less out of sight by Christmas due to their implosion, these players never look like having the bottle to win that battle.

But McGregor still in goal and Lundstram at the back? Well you can’t really defend it, much in the same way we can’t defend a lead.

Last edited:
It is one of the most baffling things for me in that our last two Managers, who were exceptional technical players in the middle of the park during their playing days and could read a game like a book, are so inept at making changes when needed and, most importantly, required as the man in charge.

Thursday obviously was an exception to the rule from what we've seen so far.

His reluctance to rotate and see that Allan McGregor should not be in goal is shockingly bad management, if Kemar Roofe is fit and ready to play, why not use him often and give him the odd start with Alfie? His constant starting of Arfield is starting to grate on me, he needs a spell out, just not cutting it for me. I'm past even thinking about Aaron Ramsey at this point, he's doing nothing for us with 10 games to go.

Nerds to start making the big decisions and using his squad better.

The starting line up needed freshened up today. Arfield was absolutely woeful last week at Tannadice and looked gassed, yet he gets 90 mins today. Crazy.

Why not use Diallo today?

If he doesn't drop McGregor then it does not bode well. It is inconceivable he continues to play someone who is so far away from performing acceptably. Today has to be the day the penny drops in that regard. It cannot go on any longer.

The jobs to big for him he is out his depth he is struggling against the likes of Stephen Glass Malky Mckay and Graeme Alexander its absolutely woeful and im saying that as someone who is desperate for him to succeed

Big decision coming up in the summer for Wilson and board.

Back Gio to deliver a rebuild and overhaul the squad or turn to someone new.

It’s huge. Given the likely sales, the manager will have a significant budget.

A few poor purchases on long-term contracts could really put us in an awkward position.

Do we trust him with it? Wilson won’t sack him as it’ll put his own position under the same scrutiny.

Astounding really that having dropped so many points that we are only 3 behind. Not the man for the job in the first place but have to stick with it now.

Had we started off at zero points when he arrived, we'd currently be 9 points behind Celtic after 15 games played.

That's utterly unacceptable.

I'm not for sacking him but the board really have a massive decision to make at the end of the season. They have to be absolutely convinced he's the long term guy because we are about to approach one hell of a massive overhaul this summer.

The idea of overhauling this squad massively and then binning him early doors next season does not bear thinking about

Shown nothing so far to make me think he’s the man to take us forward , he hasn’t been helped by his director of football or his goalkeeper though , he can deal with the latter by dropping him but nowt he can do about a shocking transfer window

He needs to make the necessary changes. If he’s not brave enough then maybe he should consider if the jersey is too big for him as well as a few of the current players.

The way were going he'll struggle to see out the season. Our domestic form has been horrific and unfortunately Gio takes the blame. He doesn't seem to help himself though with bizarre selections and substitutions.

Arfield offered nothing today. Chasing a goal and he takes off our only bit of pace. Ridiculous substitution. That should have been Arfield for Roofe all day.

He needs to be bold with McGregor now too. If he wants to keep his job he simply must drop him.

Had we started off at zero points when he arrived, we'd currently be 9 points behind Celtic after 15 games played.

That's utterly unacceptable.

I'm not for sacking him but the board really have a massive decision to make at the end of the season. They have to be absolutely convinced he's the long term guy because we are about to approach one hell of a massive overhaul this summer.

The idea of overhauling this squad massively and then binning him early doors next season does not bear thinking about
Agree but they can't be absolutely convinced by anything.

We were as a fanbase, in the majority, happy with the appointment after the shock of Gerrard going.

Who would've been the others considered. Would love to know but obvs never will unless they pop up again next time round.

No obvs contenders next time tho. No ex players in management at the moment doing well etc.

Lo
And his atrocious domestic form. What's the problem? Is he up to it? Is he the man for the job? Sensible answers, please...
Lot of individual errors involved in today and at Ross county imo , dun United away was mostly on officials imo .
OF away is on the manager I feel though . Although certain people made major booboos .

A mix of things but i will judge through a longe4 time period than we have had so far

I said in one of the other threads that this was reminiscent of the Malmo game.

Yes on both occasions each manager should have been able to react to what he's seeing but even if nothing comes from the sidelines surely the 11 players are experienced enough to realise on their own that they need to do something to impact the game.

The fact that the players can't seem to grasp what it means to truly kill a game is worrying. They should be working as hard as they can to smother any sense of a hope that a team can get back into the game. But they are badly dropping the tempo and losing shape, coupled with some horrendous individual errors and it's a recipe for disaster. The half arsed approach to some of the attacking play was annoying as well, it reeked of them thinking the game was done at 2-0 and that it was time to relax and enjoy things.

Putting a slow midfielder in at CB is totally mind boggling . Our defence has been shaky enough recently , the last thing we need is a fkn midfielder in there …give us a feckin break Gio ffs man .

Nerds to start making the big decisions and using his squad better.

The starting line up needed freshened up today. Arfield was absolutely woeful last week at Tannadice and looked gassed, yet he gets 90 mins today. Crazy.

Why not use Diallo today?

If he doesn't drop McGregor then it does not bode well. It is inconceivable he continues to play someone who is so far away from performing acceptably. Today has to be the day the penny drops in that regard. It cannot go on any longer.

Agreed. It’s literally the only silver lining from today I can see. We must finally get a gk in that can catch, save and kick a ball. It’s sad to see it but he looks old overnight like boxers do when they go 1-2 fights too many - the worst thing is I posted that about 3 weeks into the season and yet here we are.

I could say too stubborn, too passive etc

Bottom line is that the results are atrocious. We'd put up with anything else. Not results that don't lead us to titles.

This group of players has previous for falling to bits after the xmas break, seems to be happening again.

Almost seems like Gio is making some of the mistakes Gerrard made with this group in 19/20, subs too late, players out of position, over-reliance on Morelos scoring.

Manager and senior players need to work it out and fast, McGregor should be holding his hands up and stepping aside for McLaughlin for the run in if Gio doesn't want to drop him.

Back