Letter from Fraserburgh Chairman

Walter_Smith

Official Ticketer
We have now recieved a letter and full refund from Fraserburgh after being denied entry to the ground with genuine tickets. Thanks to Greg Marshall SLO, Club 1872 and the Rangers Ticket Office for their communication throughout this.

"I was passed on your details from Rangers FC so that we can forward on the refund of your ticket. Please find enclosed a cheque for £17.

It was very disappointing to learn that you hadn’t managed to gain entry to the game despite having a genuine ticket. We as a club want all our visitors to enjoy the occasion and hopefully go away with a good impression of not only ourselves but the town also. It saddens me that on this occasion it wasn’t possible for you to have that opportunity to sample football at Bellslea Park.

Due to a large number of counterfeit tickets getting access to the ground, the capacity of the away end was reached and subsequently the decision was taken in conjunction with Police Scotland and the Match Commander to close the gates for the away end in accordance with our Health & Safety procedures.

We take the safety of everyone who comes to Bellslea Park very seriously and as unfortunate as it was for your own circumstances, we genuinely had no alternative.

Rangers FC, ourselves and Police Scotland have been surprised by the quality of counterfeit tickets and there is only minimal difference between those and the genuine tickets. Despite putting measures in place to try and stop the counterfeit ticket holders gaining entry it proved impossible and we were defeated by the fact these high-quality tickets have been printed.

I hope someday that you will be able to visit Bellslea Park and if you are ever in the area when are at home on Highland League duty, please let me know and we can arrange complimentary tickets for you.

Once again, I would like to express my disappointment in what happened and hope that your team continues to rise to where it rightly belongs, challenging at the top of Scottish Football.

Regards,

Finlay Noble
Chairman"

You can't say much fairer than that on their part.

Obviously, the massive inconvenience of travel expenses and time you lost won't be recouped and most disappointingly of all, missing the game.

They weren't equipped to handle the game given their standing (not 100% their fault) and hopefully lessons are learned for future matches in the competition.

You can't say much fairer than that on their part.

Obviously, the massive inconvenience of travel expenses and time you lost won't be recouped and most disappointingly of all, missing the game.

They weren't equipped to handle the game given their standing (not 100% their fault) and hopefully lessons are learned for future matches in the competition.
Aberdeen wanted 100k apparently to host the game .... I do not know the legal issue of pricing but could Fraserburgh of charged us more if game got moved?

Fair play to them.
I'm all for credit where its due but they have no option but to refund.

Has it been confirmed that there really were counterfeit tickets at the game? A few of us more cynically minded individuals thought they might have oversold.

well done to Fraserburgh I am glad me and the wee man went in as soon as the ground opened that night.

Yet to see or hear anyone that got or was offered a counterfeit ticket!

I must have missed statements from Rangers and/or Police Scotland confirming that there were definitely counterfeit tickets.

Their Chairman made a comment in the article above saying “Fraserburgh, Rangers and Police Scotland were surprised at the quality of the counterfeit tickets”

If this comment isn’t true then I’m sure PS or Rangers would have challenged it.

I'm glad it's been sorted and the clowns that copied the tickets will be getting a lifetime ban and possibly their well established supporters club.

Their Chairman made a comment in the article above saying “Fraserburgh, Rangers and Police Scotland were surprised at the quality of the counterfeit tickets”

If this comment isn’t true then I’m sure PS or Rangers would have challenged it.
I don't want to make a big deal of it as the Chairman seems a decent sort but perhaps they're such high quality because they're genuine. Perhaps he's being so nice because he knows they've screwed up. Or maybe there were counterfeit tickets.

I don't want to make a big deal of it as the Chairman seems a decent sort but perhaps they're such high quality because they're genuine. Perhaps he's being so nice because he knows they've screwed up. Or maybe there were counterfeit tickets.

You're very cynical. You appear to be suggesting they over-sold tickets - and then, when those tickets were used, THEY decided to close the gates. Thus finding themselves in a situation where they had to refund tickets. Surely if their intention was to over-sell they'd just have let everyone in?

Rangers said they would comment further after Fraserburgh's investigation. Police Scotland also said they would wait for Fraserburgh's investigation to conclude. The fact that both are referenced in the letter/statement suggest they were both consulted on the outcome of the investigation and were 'content' with the way Fraserburgh proposed to handle it. I'm more than happy to believe Fraserburgh FC on this one.

Forged tickets have been an issue in Scottish football for some time. Tynecastle seems to fall victim to it regularly with games involving ourselves, the Dhims and even bloody Motherwell having problems due to forged tickets.

Last edited:
They play in front of two men & a dog normally. They were caught out but surely the guy is genuine in his response. He also spoke fondly of the club before the game.
I would be more pissed at our own that thought it was ok to do a fellow bear out of entry to the game

Has it been confirmed that there really were counterfeit tickets at the game? A few of us more cynically minded individuals thought they might have oversold.
Mate, no chance. The Broch are an honestly run club that I’m sure you would have picked up upon in the press releases from the Chairman since the draw was made.

Unfortunately, it would seem that some f*cking wanks have spotted an opportunity to take advantage of a small teams inexperience handling a big occasion. The real blame lies there, and prosecutions should’ve brought against those persons.

There were very good counterfeit tickets at the game, printed and used by bears. The damage was done by Rangers fans, shafting their own. The police and the staff at Rangers ticket centre have a full report and also inspected the forged tickets. Pop in and ask them about the high quality dodgy tickets on saturday. Unless they got a cut and their on-going investigation is another cover up for a few hundred quid?

Be as cynical as you want, Fraserburgh never oversold and selfish bastard bears shafted other bears big time, as you clearly heard them telling folk when they 'got in'.

You're very cynical. Are you a Policeman? You appear to be suggesting they over-sold tickets - and then, when those tickets were used, THEY decided to close the gates. Thus finding themselves in a situation where they had to refund tickets. Surely if their intention was to over-sell they'd just have let everyone in?

Rangers said they would comment further after Fraserburgh's investigation. Police Scotland also said they would wait for Fraserburgh's investigation to conclude. The fact that both are referenced in the letter/statement suggest they were both consulted on the outcome of the investigation and were 'content' with the way Fraserburgh proposed to handle it. I'm more than happy to believe Fraserburgh FC on this one.

Forged tickets have been an issue in Scottish football for some time. Tynecastle seems to fall victim to it regularly with games involving ourselves, the Dhims and even bloody Motherwell having problems due to forged tickets.
You make good points. You're probably right. Still not totally convinced though. Given the numbers locked out there must have been dozens of fakes but I've not seen or heard any whispers of a single one of our fans having one.

There were very good counterfeit tickets at the game, printed and used by bears. The damage was done by Rangers fans, shafting their own. The police and the staff at Rangers ticket centre have a full report and also inspected the forged tickets. Pop in and ask them about the high quality dodgy tickets on saturday. Unless they got a cut and their on-going investigation is another cover up for a few hundred quid?

Be as cynical as you want, Fraserburgh never oversold and selfish bastard bears shafted other bears big time, as you clearly heard them telling folk when they 'got in'.

Sadly, it is the case that it was our own fans buying and using these counterfeits that caused the problem. Some can try and skirt around that basic fact as much as they like, but it is what clearly happened on this occasion.

The best I can come up with in defence of our own fans is that some perhaps did not know they were counterfeit. However, in truth, they would almost certainly know that all the away tickets were being distributed by Rangers and unless they were buying only one ticket or maybe 2 from a mate (where that trusted friend confirmed they were from the official Rangers allocation), then they would know they were possibly dodgy.

Okay. Clearly I'm wrong.just found it hard to believe that so many would shaft their own.

Sadly, it is the case that it was our own fans buying and using these counterfeits that caused the problem. Some can try and skirt around that basic fact as much as they like, but it is what clearly happened on this occasion.

The best I can come up with in defence of our own fans is that some perhaps did not know they were counterfeit. However, in truth, they would almost certainly know that all the away tickets were being distributed by Rangers and unless they were buying only one ticket or maybe 2 from a mate (where that trusted friend confirmed they were from the official Rangers allocation), then they would know they were possibly dodgy.

Correct!

And you and other cynically minded individuals would be wrong!

Some very nice words from their chairman, I for one will definitely go & watch them if I’m up in that neck of the woods.

Back