Letter from Fraserburgh Chairman

Well done to the club.

Pathetic selfish bastards that think keeping fellow supporters that have genuinely paid for their tickets .... out of the stadium after traveling so far, is fair game.

Pathetic selfish bastards.

I get your anger mate but do you know for sure that those with counterfeit tickets hadn't bought them in good faith?

I get your anger mate but do you know for sure that those with counterfeit tickets hadn't bought them in good faith?

I have to assume that they knew whom they purchased the tickets from. Given the timescales. If they were other Bears that were selling them then my post applies.

If they were unkempt variety gypsy unknown sellers then get them reported to plod straight away and I'll eat my hat.

I think the F'burgh chairman has been class here. There's a contact form on their website here: https://secure.pitchero.com/clubs/fraserburghfootballclub/contact/contact-official-8860

I sent them a quick message simply saying:

Finlay Noble has handled this unfortunate ticketing situation with aplomb. This is simply a brief note to thank him for his professionalism and for the kind words he has said about us.

Best wishes to Fraserburgh for the rest of the season.

Understand the anger but how would fans know that a (in the police's own words) a quality forgery was indeed a forgery especially in the freezing cold and dark? In no way defending the scammers who printed the tickets but no one carries an UV light to the games. I'm willing to bet all the fans bought these fake tickets in good faith and are gutted for the support with the real ones. I would be.

It’s a hard situation.

The ideal solution might be to give arrange a preseason friendly and our support can make amends.

It’s a hard situation.

The ideal solution might be to give arrange a preseason friendly and our support can make amends.

Our support can make amends :D

What would you want us to do? You want us to head up on a Wednesday night? Perhaps feed to local pub with money?

The only ones that should be taking responsibility for this is the police. For complete waste of tax payers money and not doing their jobs.

Quick enough to pull buses over on the way up.

Really the whole thing was a shambles from the police.

Well done Fraserburgh FC. As for the criminal c@nt responsible for the forgeries, someone must know their identity, make it public!

Our support can make amends :D

What would you want us to do? You want us to head up on a Wednesday night? Perhaps feed to local pub with money?

The only ones that should be taking responsibility for this is the police. For complete waste of tax payers money and not doing their jobs.

Quick enough to pull buses over on the way up.

Really the whole thing was a shambles from the police.

I completely understand what you’re saying.

Buy wherever we play friendlies, we’ll bring a large support, better we favour a decent club, that’s all.

I completely understand what you’re saying.

Buy wherever we play friendlies, we’ll bring a large support, better we favour a decent club, that’s all.

Fraserburgh have done the right thing. I'm not denying that. However they have forked out for say possibly 100 of our tickets of which we get % of the gate.

My point is that haven't our support done enough? We travel from where a home tie would have been 2 days off work, money and we missed the game completely for nothing.

The whole point for me is that we will not get any of the above back. I don't feel by a club paying out say 800 quid back, we then reward them with thousands.

This should be coming out the police pockets. Not that of any club.

Fraserburgh have done the right thing. I'm not denying that. However they have forked out for say possibly 100 of our tickets of which we get % of the gate.

My point is that haven't our support done enough? We travel from where a home tie would have been 2 days off work, money and we missed the game completely for nothing.

The whole point for me is that we will not get any of the above back. I don't feel by a club paying out say 800 quid back, we then reward them with thousands.

2 days off work, it is 190 miles, not a euro trip ffs. We do the exact trip every other saturday and midweek games - when we get home about 0200/0230. You could be home for brekkie lol.

2 days off work, awesome.

2 days off work, it is 190 miles, not a euro trip ffs. We do the exact trip every other saturday and midweek games - when we get home about 0200/0230. You could be home for brekkie lol.

2 days off work, awesome.

Do you get into the game though?

It was everything for %^*& all. That's the point for many.

If we got into the ground none of this would be even discussed.

Just out of curiosity, how many bears were outside?

We have now recieved a letter and full refund from Fraserburgh after being denied entry to the ground with genuine tickets. Thanks to Greg Marshall SLO, Club 1872 and the Rangers Ticket Office for their communication throughout this.

"I was passed on your details from Rangers FC so that we can forward on the refund of your ticket. Please find enclosed a cheque for £17.

It was very disappointing to learn that you hadn’t managed to gain entry to the game despite having a genuine ticket. We as a club want all our visitors to enjoy the occasion and hopefully go away with a good impression of not only ourselves but the town also. It saddens me that on this occasion it wasn’t possible for you to have that opportunity to sample football at Bellslea Park.

Due to a large number of counterfeit tickets getting access to the ground, the capacity of the away end was reached and subsequently the decision was taken in conjunction with Police Scotland and the Match Commander to close the gates for the away end in accordance with our Health & Safety procedures.

We take the safety of everyone who comes to Bellslea Park very seriously and as unfortunate as it was for your own circumstances, we genuinely had no alternative.

Rangers FC, ourselves and Police Scotland have been surprised by the quality of counterfeit tickets and there is only minimal difference between those and the genuine tickets. Despite putting measures in place to try and stop the counterfeit ticket holders gaining entry it proved impossible and we were defeated by the fact these high-quality tickets have been printed.

I hope someday that you will be able to visit Bellslea Park and if you are ever in the area when are at home on Highland League duty, please let me know and we can arrange complimentary tickets for you.

Once again, I would like to express my disappointment in what happened and hope that your team continues to rise to where it rightly belongs, challenging at the top of Scottish Football.

Regards,

Finlay Noble
Chairman"

Good stuff guys nice yous got your money and a great gesture donating it to Erskine hospital

Respect well done

WATP

Do you get into the game though?

It was everything for %^*& all. That's the point for many.

If we got into the ground none of this would be even discussed.
Fair enough and point taken. I read your post regarding Fraserburgh and only replied to the part about 2 days off work for the extra 190 miles compared to a home game. The Yorkie guys we meet travel virtually the same distance as us making circa 400 miles for that game. In a car I thought you would be home around 5 or 6 so, given you are well used to travelling, 1 day off would suffice :D

Supporters not getting in is a balls up, no question, but talking about not rewarding Fraserburgh and fans losing thousands is mis-directed. The counterfeit tickets were excellent, as has been confirmed by Rangers FC ticketing staff who have seen them.

Blaming and not wanting to reward Fraserburgh is fair enough, I am sure they do not want rewarded but simply to do the right thing. They have conducted themselves in a decent manner throughout.

More than can be said for the 80 odd fake tickets that created the problem. That is down to our own, sadly.

Think this deserves a pre season friendly at Ibrox for our highland friends. The chairman, club and town have shown us nothing but respect both before the match and after the ticket fiasco. Something sadly lacking from so many others in the nation right now.

Like any club, we’ve got our fair share of scumbags spoiling it for genuine fans with proper tickets.

If someone who had a counterfeit ticket is reading this, shame on you.

Like any club, we’ve got our fair share of scumbags spoiling it for genuine fans with proper tickets.

If someone who had a counterfeit ticket is reading this, shame on you.
No one has answered my previous point. How would someone know that a very good forgery (police's words) was a fake? Especially in the dark. Don't get me wrong if they KNEW it was a fake then they are absolute arseholes but I'll bet most of not all the fans who ended up with one actually knew they were fake

Back