Levein 2.0: Naismith can handle the boo boys

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Steven Naismith can handle Rangers boo boys insists Hearts boss Craig Levein
Sections of the Light Blues faithful haven't forgiven the striker over the nature of his Ibrox departure in 2012.

• Rangers for the first time since departing Ibrox under a cloud in 2012.

The 31-year-old is ensured a hostile reception in Govan after he joined Everton in the wake of Gers’ financial collapse, choosing not to transfer his contract to Charles Green’s outfit.

That anger was cranked up when Naismith, a boyhood fan of the Glasgow giants, said Rangers “no longer exists in its current form”, a comment for which he has since expressed regret.

However, Levein has shrugged off the prospect of the hitman emerging as public enemy No.1 and says Naismith has endured more challenging atmospheres than what he’ll face tomorrow.

He said: “I haven’t even thought about that. The reason I say it’s good we can go to Ibrox with players like Naismith and Kyle Lafferty is they handle everything.

“They have played in bigger arenas than this and Steven is an experienced player. I don’t even know what this is all about. To be honest I am not interested.

“My only interest is if he is going to be fit or not and whether his hamstring is at a point where it can get through the game. If it is I can play him without worrying, he is experienced enough to deal with whatever happens.

“These guys are not fazed by the game, not nervous or worried. They just go into the game thinking, ‘I need to be at the top of my game today.’ It’s experience and that helps in any line of work.”

Levein admits he has been impressed by the job done by rookie boss Graeme Murty and has no doubt Rangers have improved after a January transfer window that saw them sign Russell Martin, Greg Docherty and Jamie Murphy among others.

Nevertheless, he reckons there are weaknesses to be exploited after attending their astonishing 5-3 win over Hamilton at New Douglas Park last Sunday – saying that even Gers directors struggled to believe what they were seeing.

Levein added: “It was the most bizarre football match I have seen. I’ve never seen a game with so many mistakes. I was sitting with Rangers directors and they were thinking the same.

“Some of it was brilliant, some fantastic, but both teams made some unbelievable mistakes. I hope they do it again tomorrow!

“Murty has had a tough situation to deal with. He went from Under-20s to first team, then back down, then back up. That will have been difficult. I know because of all the changes we have had here – they don’t help.

“However, he has done a good job so I’m expecting it to be tough.”

Hearts will be without midfielder Arnaud Djoum after he snapped an Achilles against Ross County last weekend.

Levein revealed the Cameroon international will go for surgery next week as he embarks on a gruelling road to recovery.

He said: “We had only just got to the point where he started to feel his fitness was at a level where he could do the things he wanted to do again.

“I’m obviously sad about the fact he’s not available. We are a better team with him in it.”

Meanwhile, Levein admits he wants a closer look at Ivory Coast youth international Ghislain Guessan after the striker scored in a development squad fixture against Dundee United on Tuesday.

The Hearts boss added said: “He has done reasonably well so I have asked him to stay another week.

“It’s to see if we can get his fitness up and see if he can do some of the things strikers need to do in Scotland – which basically means more running about!”

I didn't want him to come back to us for his comments as for me they are unforgivable but Id also say nobody should boo him as if playing that will only make him try even harder for Hertz to "show us" what we could have had ,had he signed for us again.

We as a support should ignore him as if the only thing that doesn't his exist is him!

Last edited:
I was hoping he'd try a wee wind up, I've been liking his patter recently.

Naismith should be ignored tomorrow, he means nothing to me either way now. Don't hate him, don't really care about him. He's just some Hearts player.

CL has basically been responding to tramps like Lennon and Rodgers, not throwing the first punches.

He has nothing to say about Rangers because Rangers are far, far more dignified than any of the green teams in our league.

Looking forward to the game.

Any grown man who boos at a football game should lost the right their democratic right to vote in an election as they obviously don't have the wherewithal to partake in a mature society.
You might as well just write off 99.9% of every football fan in the country that goes to football matches from the democratic vote then!
What a ridiculous statement!

Avril getting chatty again trying to noise us up. The tosser talks as if he is some sort of football guru.

I hope nobody at the Club even mentions the twat.

I think David Edgar put it well on the H&H podcast for the Hearts preview, Levein is on full wind up mode to the rest of Scottish Football and is best ignored.

PS Naisy is a wee prick and i hope nobody at Ibrox gives him a positive reaction.

Dont expect to see Naismith tomorrow

Desperate to play for Rangers

Probably hopes to find some form April / May convince us on a free transfer.

As someone who wouldve seen him return, Im not fussed now observing what we are recruiting.

His reception tomorrow would likely ensure that return never happens.

A predictable article

Insert players name ____________ returns to play against their former club. Fans are expected to give insert players name ____________ a hard time.

Yawn

Any grown man who boos at a football game should lost the right their democratic right to vote in an election as they obviously don't have the wherewithal to partake in a mature society.

You sit on yer couch the morra wi the daily record and Sun by yer side and enjoy yer cup of tea and digestive biscuits.

There's a good boy.

I'm with you on this :D

When you stand back and think about it, an adult showing dislike or displeasure at someone by making the sound "boooo" is f*cking hilarious. I've never understood it.

Screaming foul mouthed abuse works better for me.

You sit on yer couch the morra and enjoy yer cup of tea and digestive biscuits.

There's a good boy.
I'll be there, Son, but I'll be laughing as the purple couponed middle aged men shout abuse at a millionaire footballer because they disagree with a decision he made 6 years ago.

I'm with you on this :D

When you stand back and think about it, an adult showing dislike or displeasure at someone by making the sound "boooo" is f*cking hilarious. I've never understood it.

Screaming foul mouthed abuse works better for me.

Instead of shouting "man on", these guys shout "he's behind you!"

Keep your booing for panto season, folks :)

Reactions: TN8
It wasn’t so much not transferring his contract, tbh, I wouldn’t want those shower of spivs to get my sell on fee, let’s be honest. It was the “you’re not Rangers anymore” shite that riled the bears up, not the brightest wee guy for saying that. I liked him but coming out with that is unforgivable.

what did you think of his press conference comments about us?

I don't think he said anything worse than what Walters and Gough said.
I think he was ill-advised to do a press conference.
I think he was hurting after being lied to by Green.
He's since apologised.

Life's too short, move on, it doesn't matter anymore.

It felt like a massive kick in the nuts. Same as Walter Smith's comments did, what do you think of him?
Are you commenting for BL11 as I asked him and not you, I wasn't interested in what you thought! Or, maybe you could just both do a press conference together like Naismith & Whittaker and both bore us at the same time to get it over with!

Reactions: TN8
Any grown man who boos at a football game should lose their democratic right to vote in an election as they obviously don't have the wherewithal to partake in a mature society.

Instead of shouting "man on", these guys shout "he's behind you!"

Keep your booing for panto season, folks :)

When the likes of Beaton and his chums blatantly cheat us out of three points I have to admit, I find it very difficult to sit on my hands and remain silent.

In your superior wisdom if you could offer me an alternative noise to make in the direction of these "panto villains" that would allow a football match to retain an atmosphere and subsequently keep me on the voters list, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

Shengus.

Are you commenting for BL11 as I asked him and not you, I wasn't interested in what you thought! Or, maybe you could just both do a press conference together like Naismith & Whittaker and both bore us at the same time to get it over with!

Ah, the usual avoidance of answering the Walter question, as expected. No worries ;)

When the likes of Beaton and his chums blatantly cheat us out of three points I have to admit, I find it very difficult to sit on my hands and remain silent.

In your superior wisdom if you could offer me an alternative noise to make in the direction of these "panto villains" that would allow a football match to retain an atmosphere and subsequently keep me on the voters list, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

Shengus.

Just do a queef while you shake your fist.

Any grown man who boos at a football game should lose their democratic right to vote in an election as they obviously don't have the wherewithal to partake in a mature society.

We have a name for people like that. They're called 'St. Mirren fans'.

Start off poorly again and our players will be getting it a lot tighter than naismith will. Going to be a long day tomorrow and we aren't exactly renowned for patience. An early goal would go a long way to getting a win as hearts would have to open up a bit more.

Back