Levein 2.0: Naismith can handle the boo boys

Wouldn't surprise me if the wee Judas claims he's still injured and bottles it. Would love nothing more than absolute silence if he comes on as a sub.

Any grown man who boos at a football game should lose their democratic right to vote in an election as they obviously don't have the wherewithal to partake in a mature society.
Seriously so any grown man who boos the ref, or boos an opposition player who injures one of his own teams players?

I hope you are fishing for reactions.

Seriously so any grown man who boos the ref, or boos an opposition player who injures one of his own teams players?

I hope you are fishing for reactions.

Think you're missing the point. We all get angry at those things. We all shout abuse at referees and opposition players. But when you think about it, actually making the sound "booooo" because you're angry is f*cking ridiculous :D it's a weird thing, we all get caught up in it but I'd love to know where it came from.

Staunchy McStaunchface alert ^^^^
Your original post in this thread alluded to the immaturity of booing at the football.

I think you need to have a look back at nearly every one of your replies on this thread, least of all this one^^^.

A 5 year old would have had shown more adult tendencies.

Erm, maybe he was speaking to them since he was sitting with them?

You one of these angry men aye? :)
You genuinely think our director said to a visiting manager that he thought we were making mistakes all over the park?

I highly doubt they got talking to our next opponent about such things. As for your ending comment, I havnt a clue what angry folk your talking about. I'm not angry in the slightest.

You genuinely think our director said to a visiting manager that he thought we were making mistakes all over the park?

I highly doubt they got talking to our next opponent about such things. As for your ending comment, I havnt a clue what angry folk your talking about. I'm not angry in the slightest.

I believe when they're watching the game our directors probably pass the odd comment like any other supporter, aye.

Wouldn't surprise me if the wee Judas claims he's still injured and bottles it. Would love nothing more than absolute silence if he comes on as a sub.
yep and this rubbish about him being badly advised as to what to say at that time does not hold water with me he was not a spotty teenager he was a grown man with his own mind JUDAS.

The conext of the two comments was completley different, i assume that's why people dont bother to answer as it isn't comparable situations.

Naismith says rangers aren’t the same club
Walter says We wish the new rangers football club every good fortune.

Sound startlingly similar to me.
Regardless of situation.
One person vilified for it (even after apologising)
Another given a pass on it completely

Regardless of situation.

One was said in the context of a thinly veiled dig at what most knew was shit arsed owners...it was said in reference to the club being in hands of shits...

The other was a press conference structured for no ones benefit other than the players...

Isn't the fault of others if you can't read between the lines and understand that.

One was said in the context of a thinly veiled dig at what most knew was shit arsed owners...it was said in reference to the club being in hands of shits...

The other was a press conference structured for no ones benefit other than the players...

Isn't the fault of others if you can't read between the lines and understand that.

So it’s ok to pander to the media and Tim’s calling us new Rangers....
As long as your Walter Smith that is.

I don’t read between the lines, I read what’s said. It’s there in black and white. Both called us a new club. You can’t deny it, yes each circumstance was different but the end result is the same.
Also, I’m guessing you’re privy to what went on between the owners at the time and the players? Care to share that with us all. Since you can read between the lines and know that Naismith, Whittaker, McGregor and co were not being fucked about by a bunch of conmen. McGregor has already said as much.
So try and read between the lines there a bit

So it’s ok to pander to the media and Tim’s calling us new Rangers....
As long as your Walter Smith that is.

I don’t read between the lines, I read what’s said. It’s there in black and white. Both called us a new club. You can’t deny it, yes each circumstance was different but the end result is the same.
Also, I’m guessing you’re privy to what went on between the owners at the time and the players? Care to share that with us all. Since you can read between the lines and know that Naismith, Whittaker, McGregor and co were not being fucked about by a bunch of conmen. McGregor has already said as much.
So try and read between the lines there a bit

Smith was clearly making reference to the club being in the hands of utter shifts after he had been part of a consortium trying to buy us......it's a lil different to the Naismith situation.....

I don't know what went on between the players and nor do I have to.

Naismith was part of a circus for the gain of no one but himself.

Naismith could have left...as many others did...without the need for any comment - he conciously partook in a press conference where he shit on the fans.

It's slightly mental you don't see how different the Smith and Naismith comments are and the context of both...but meh...%^*& it.

Hearts 14 Naismith - boooo

Rangers legend....Walter Smith.....deal with it.

Let's think back to the press conference where he offended every rangers fan with his putrid comment that was rubbed in our noses by the manks for months . Rangers fan my arse .

Naismith was a good player for us and I won't be booing him because of a few ill chosen words.It was a shambolic time and even I thought we were gone.It wasn't until I understood the operating company/club divide that I realised the Club had survived.
I bet there was lots of us thought the same.If my memory serves me correctly he was having a go at Green not Rangers.

I hope the wee judas lady's front bottom get the welcome he deserves. If he is on the bench and warming up I hope the bears in the west enclosure give him pelters

Naismith was a good player for us and I won't be booing him because of a few ill chosen words.It was a shambolic time and even I thought we were gone.It wasn't until I understood the operating company/club divide that I realised the Club had survived.
I bet there was lots of us thought the same.If my memory serves me correctly he was having a go at Green not Rangers.
As well as given other posters a like for their comments, your post reminds me that it would be a good idea to also have the option to dislike posts also.

People saying we should never boo the team clearly were not at the Unirea Urziceni (I had to google the name, apparently they don't even exist as a team any more) game when we lost 4-1 in the Champions league at home.

Literally the only time I can remember booing Rangers, and they deserved it. I had to get that off my chest there....

Ffs so many on here need to move on, we as a club are in a pretty decent position considering everything that has happened over the past 12 month.

Our closest rivals are pretty rank just now and we are in a great position to take advantage of this and heep a bit more pressure on them by beating hearts tomorrow and stamping a bit of authority along the way.

By doing so this brings us within 6 points of top spot with them having to travel to Aberdeen on Sunday and that will enter their minds mark my words.

Tomorrow isn't about 1 or 2 ex players as that's really not all that important, tomorrow is about our potential momentum and our continued journey back to where we belong that being at the top of Scottish football.

#WATP

Smith was clearly making reference to the club being in the hands of utter shifts after he had been part of a consortium trying to buy us......it's a lil different to the Naismith situation.....

Naismith could have left...as many others did...without the need for any comment - he conciously partook in a press conference where he shit on the fans.

It's slightly mental you don't see how different the Smith and Naismith comments are and the context of both...but meh...%^*& it.

How is saying the new rangers football club making reference to owners? In any way?

If he was taking a dig at them then he was also taking a dig at the “new” club & it’s fans by making that comment.

How you can defend someone saying the new rangers football club in the media and vilify someone saying this isn’t the club we signed for is beyond me. They’re both the same comment.
Fair enough if you want to boo Naismith and Whittaker go ahead, but don’t be a hypocrite about it, Walter Smith deserves the same treatment then.

Whereas I won’t boo either of them, because I don’t know what went on any more than the next fan. The press conference done nothing to damage us more than Walter Smiths comments. They went without a fee, as was their right, it didn’t stop us getting money for them. It didn’t help them get a move.

Let's think back to the press conference where he offended every rangers fan with his putrid comment that was rubbed in our noses by the manks for months . Rangers fan my arse .

In Walter you trust?
The same Walter that rubbed our noses in it (as you put it) by calling us “the new rangers football club” ?

Regardless of situation.

Walter didn’t walk away in our hour of need.

Walter didn’t set up a ridiculous press gathering to exit the club.

They’re completely different scenarios.

I hope he gets the reception he deserves.

Ah....you are reading between the lines of 2 similar comments, but ignoring what was actually said?

Old big hawns Green certainly done a number on you as you are still convinced by him encouraging a panto villain. :eek::D

Walter didn’t walk away in our hour of need.

Walter didn’t set up a ridiculous press gathering to exit the club.

They’re completely different scenarios.

I hope he gets the reception he deserves.

Different scenarios
Same outcome

Naismith and Whittaker “new club”
Smith “new club”

The only difference is I’m not selective in who I want to call a Judas etc like half this board apparently are.

Ah....you are reading between the lines of 2 similar comments, but ignoring what was actually said?

Old big hawns Green certainly done a number on you as you are still convinced by him encouraging a panto villain. :eek::D

Ehnm no...

Plenty of players left that summer and I "got" Green was the villian without them having to tell me.

But I mean aye...Naismiths comments were bang on the money - I mean it isn't like he came out and apologised for them or that is it..

So yes Green is a lady's front bottom

Naismith ALSO needlesley made himself look like a twat.

Wow look dual scenarios..

There is reasons loads respect Smiths commments and Smith the man but not Naismith.

Folks are pushing shit up a hill fighting the corner of Naismith.

Last edited:
I hope the wee judas lady's front bottom get the welcome he deserves. If he is on the bench and warming up I hope the bears in the west enclosure give him pelters

Is this the first Naishame F F thread that hasn't had the pleasure of Tam Forsyth's words of wisdom?

Maybe called out on an emergency re-grout.

I’m sure Naeshame will handle a hostile reception at Ibrox - when the expression “brass neck” was first coined, it was Naeshame they had in mind. I will never forgive and will never forget his betrayal of Rangers and the Gers support.

Any grown man who boos at a football game should lose their democratic right to vote in an election as they obviously don't have the wherewithal to partake in a mature society.
I never boo at football games but anyone who makes this sort of comment should have a serious look in the mirror. Fortunately, far more intelligent people than you decide who can vote and who can partake in a mature society - and we are blessed for that. Now go and have a lie down petal.

Naismith was probably my favourite player before everything went tits up. He was a complete pain in the arse for any team he played against, had a good eye for goal, hated the tims and was a good Ayrshire bluenose into the bargain. It was a real kick in the nuts when he pulled that media stunt alongside Whittaker, I have no doubt it was orchestrated by their agent at the time but it was still a snide dig. The fact that Rangers had nursed him through two serious injuries made it that bit worse.
6 years down the line and people were clamouring for his return, I didn’t want him back I have to admit, I just can’t find it in my heart to forgive him. I won’t be booing him though, I just find the whole thing rather sad.

Naismith was probably my favourite player before everything went tits up. He was a complete pain in the arse for any team he played against, had a good eye for goal, hated the tims and was a good Ayrshire bluenose into the bargain. It was a real kick in the nuts when he pulled that media stunt alongside Whittaker, I have no doubt it was orchestrated by their agent at the time but it was still a snide dig. The fact that Rangers had nursed him through two serious injuries made it that bit worse.
6 years down the line and people were clamouring for his return, I didn’t want him back I have to admit, I just can’t find it in my heart to forgive him. I won’t be booing him though, I just find the whole thing rather sad.
Great post - exactly how I feel.

Ehnm no...

Plenty of players left that summer and I "got" Green was the villian without them having to tell me.

But I mean aye...Naismiths comments were bang on the money - I mean it isn't like he came out and apologised for them or that is it..

So yes Green is a lady's front bottom

Naismith ALSO needlesley made himself look like a twat.

Wow look dual scenarios..

There is reasons loads respect Smiths commments and Smith the man but not Naismith.

Folks are pushing shit up a hill fighting the corner of Naismith.

Both Naismith and Smith referred to Rangers as a new club. That's the crux of the matter.

Why it's spun differently to one being the devil and the other fine puzzles me as nobody answers how it is so.

Green needed villains to distract the fans, he gave/got Naismith and 6 years on folk are still on it.

Both Naismith and Smith referred to Rangers as a new club. That's the crux of the matter.

Why it's spun differently to one being the devil and the other fine puzzles me as nobody answers how it is so.

Green needed villains to distract the fans, he gave/got Naismith and 6 years on folk are still on it.

Nope...Green is a lady's front bottom everyone knew that before Naismith spoke.....

I didn't want him to come back to us for his comments as for me they are unforgivable but Id also say nobody should boo him as if playing that will only make him try even harder for Hertz to "show us" what we could have had ,had he signed for us again.

We as a support should ignore him as if the only thing that doesn't his exist is him!

Back