Levein, McPhee and 15 players leave Hearts

Whit aboot they nice millionaires that want to gie them money for fxck all?

The way I read that was “ We’re all rich Jambos that love the club, but we’re going to give multi millions to all the other clubs!!”
With fans like that, eh ( as they say in Embra)

If they end up in The Championship then I can't see it being as straightforwards as just coming straight back up.

Craig Levein and Austin MacPhee have left Hearts - with 15 players also exiting the relegated Premiership club.

Levein was sacked as manager in October but saw out the remainder of his deal behind the scenes, while MacPhee oversaw six games as caretaker.

Hearts confirmed Oliver Bozanic, Clevid Dikamona, Jay Nwanze and Brodie Strang have all left already, and that Donis Avdijaj, Daniel Baur, Marcel Langer, Steven MacLean, Alex Petkov, Kelby Mason, Dean Ritchie and Rory Currie will depart shortly.

Loan signings Ryotaro Meshino, Joel Pereira and Toby Sibbick will return to their parent clubs.

Former Scotland manager Levein stood down from his director of football role in October as Hearts tried in vain to lift themselves out of the Scottish Premiership relegation zone.

MacPhee was previously deputy to Ian Cathro, who was dismissed in August 2017.

Both were brought to the club by former Hearts defender Levein, who returned as director of football in May 2014.

Can’t be long until Hibs put up a statue of Levein outside Easter Road. He’s been an absolute clusterf#ck of an appointment. And he’s had the brass neck to run down his contract behind the scenes.

Naismith 34 and Steven MacLean is 38 ........... i'm saying nothing else on the matter

My biggest concern about them is that we couldn't beat them, despite them being a shambles, in three games at Tynecastle and those losses helped ruin our season.

This was the issue for me with Rangers this season, clearly more than capable of wrestling the league away from the poets but badly let yourselves down with performances against teams you should've trounced, including us. I wouldn't be looking to take any of our players at the moment, like many have said we were bottom for a reason.

They need a huge cull after the amount of shite that Levein signed.

I did think the boy they had from Man City on loan looked a decent player but he is surrounded by shite.

The more I think about it, the more I do actually feel for Hearts. Like Dundee Utd, it could take them ages to come back up. When, having now seen other leagues starting back up, they had a chance to save themselves.

It’s nothing short of criminal!

We shall not, we shall not be Budged!

Or so they thought

tenor.gif

You've nailed it there, how often is he actually "fit"? He's injury prone and turns 34 this year.

Do folk on here still think it's the 2011 Steven Naismith playing for Hearts?
I would put him in the Steve Davis and Jermaine Defoe category in terms of the number of games he can play but he is ideal for playing against the tramps and fixtures like Aberdeen and Hibs.

I would put him in the Steve Davis and Jermaine Defoe category in terms of the number of games he can play but he is ideal for playing against the tramps and fixtures like Aberdeen and Hibs.
I'm sure he would be if he could stay fit and was 10 years younger.

Hearts were off their tits giving him a 4 year deal.

I agree with the general premise but, unless you can tell me where we can get another with Naismith's qualities, in this instance I disagree except for those who will look backwards to bring up his heresy. Put that to one side.
He'd bring a mentality we've lacked for too long, remains a very effective SPFL player, would be buttons and is the closest we'll get to another Alfie in the short term.
For this season it's a must.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind he'd be back here already if not for that press conference. Probably worth taking a chance on now. Injuries are a wee bit of a concern tho.

If I could look to the larger picture here, the demise of Hearts - who really should be one of Scotland's biggest teams - can't possiblybe good for the long term health of football north of the border. Of course Rangers have had issues with the way in which Hearts have often appeared to acquiesce in the shafting of Rangers by the yahoo-dominated league administrators. But like it or not, having a league with teams such as Ross County, Livingston, or Hamilton, but no Hearts, is a diminished league, which would not be in Rangers long-term interests.

I'd prefer he fucks off into retirement, complete obscurity, bankruptcy, never gets within 100 miles of Ibrox again and we continue to treat him as the stain on our history he is.

Just my opinion.
Naismith was a cracking player for us,If you're upset over a few ill chosen or misconstrued words it's time to let it go.

Budge has played her cards terribly but i do have an element of sympathy for league reconstruction. Too many professional teams in scotland for the size of country. Some clubs would fair better by playing in larger junior leagues imho.

Would imagine Hearts may try to offload Naismith and Boyce as they’re likely to be on quite a wedge.

Budge has played her cards terribly but i do have an element of sympathy for league reconstruction. Too many professional teams in scotland for the size of country. Some clubs would fair better by playing in larger junior leagues imho.
League reconstruction is an absolute priority but it should be done with an aim to improve the standard of football in Scotland leading to us having a national side worthy of the name. It should not be done simply to ensure the survival of a load of clubs who live from week to week on gate receipts and raffle money.

why would he be good enough for us if he’s not for them

The decision for him to leave Hearts was not a footballing one. He’s 17 and a very good footballer. I didn’t realise we were no longer in the market for that kind of thing.

A few years ago I would have held a lot of sympathy for Hearts plight.

The actions of other clubs post 2012 has changed my attitude towards them all, and after all the Sevco 'banter' by their fans I feel nothing but schadenfreude.

Back