Levein, McPhee and 15 players leave Hearts

If I could look to the larger picture here, the demise of Hearts - who really should be one of Scotland's biggest teams - can't possiblybe good for the long term health of football north of the border. Of course Rangers have had issues with the way in which Hearts have often appeared to acquiesce in the shafting of Rangers by the yahoo-dominated league administrators. But like it or not, having a league with teams such as Ross County, Livingston, or Hamilton, but no Hearts, is a diminished league, which would not be in Rangers long-term interests.

Scottish game is on it's knees. Happening in Leagues all over Europe though mate. Many of the bigger clubs are struggling to stay viable or relevant anymore. Look across Europe and you'll see it.

We've always been a duopoly up here but admittedly the strength of the other well supported sides has dropped off massively. Many of them downsized and will never grow much bigger than they are now. The pie in the sky stuff that Aberdeen fans lapped up during our stint in the lower leagues has completely evaporated. Ambitious plans for a new stadium, a new training ground and a partnership with an MLS club. About to be shat on by the Covid-19 crisis. Hearts paying the price for some pretty high profile errors by Budge, the most glaringly obvious one was clinging to yesterday's man Craig Levein for far too long. Dundee United getting the karma they more than earned after their behaviour in 2012 but I don't see a resurgence in their future. Hibs on the surface seem quite well run but most seem to chalk that down to Dempster. Hibs are also prone to hiring the odd diddy manager to balance things out. Motherwell and Killie will be up and down the table as they always have been.

It is remarkable that Leven is just leaving now. No wonder they were a shambles after he was “fired”. Imagine being a new manager and having to work with the previous manager on a daily basis.

Scottish game is on it's knees. Happening in Leagues all over Europe though mate. Many of the bigger clubs are struggling to stay viable or relevant anymore. Look across Europe and you'll see it.

We've always been a duopoly up here but admittedly the strength of the other well supported sides has dropped off massively. Many of them downsized and will never grow much bigger than they are now. The pie in the sky stuff that Aberdeen fans lapped up during our stint in the lower leagues has completely evaporated. Ambitious plans for a new stadium, a new training ground and a partnership with an MLS club. About to be shat on by the Covid-19 crisis. Hearts paying the price for some pretty high profile errors by Budge, the most glaringly obvious one was clinging to yesterday's man Craig Levein for far too long. Dundee United getting the karma they more than earned after their behaviour in 2012 but I don't see a resurgence in their future. Hibs on the surface seem quite well run but most seem to chalk that down to Dempster. Hibs are also prone to hiring the odd diddy manager to balance things out. Motherwell and Killie will be up and down the table as they always have been.

Your assessment of things was pretty much spot on. I think the point I was making in my original post was that irrespective of who did what to whom (there's lots of blame to go around), if the decline of Scottish football cotinues unabated it can't help but have a devastating impact on the fortunes of the OF.

One of the more obvious ways this will affect Rangers (along with the yahoos) will be an increasing difficulty in attracting quality players - even from the domestic leagues. Say goodbye forever to those big 'European nights', we'll never again progress beyond the preliminary qualifiers. The end-game in all of this, unless it is corrected - will inevitbly result in the OF being viewed in the same category as just another of those run-of-the-mill teams from the English Championship. However, unlike the later, for Rangers, the prospect of someday getting promoted to the case-cow that is the EP, will never exist .

Now is the time to approach them for Hickey - there is a fire sale . Take the young man and watch them burn

I'd take Naismith on a 1 year pay as you play deal, i'll never forget the way he behaved in 2012, but hes the type of character we need in certain games and pay as you play will make him earn his money.

Not a chance they’ll keep Naismith in the division below

Given his form for Hearts I’d be tempted to give him a pay as you play offer to return.

Would instantly give us an option off the bench

Not a chance they’ll keep Naismith in the division below

Given his form for Hearts I’d be tempted to give him a pay as you play offer to return.

Would instantly give us an option off the bench and maybe even reasonably challenge for the wide right position

Not only is he an angry, bitter wee man these days he's literally always injured. At nearly 34 he is NOT an option if we are actually serious about winning this damn league and cups aswell as progressing in Europe.

People need to realise he's not the Naismith we had a decade ago both physically and mentally.

Not only is he an angry, bitter wee man these days he's literally always injured. At nearly 34 he is NOT an option if we are actually serious about winning this damn league and cups aswell as progressing in Europe.

People need to realise he's not the Naismith we had a decade ago both physically and mentally.

Hence why I said a pay as you play deal

I seen enough of him against us and against the mentally challengeds last season to know that he’s still capable of performing at this level.

I’d say he’s exactly the type of snarling player we could be doing with in our team. In refs faces, in opposition faces.

Hence why I said a pay as you play deal

I seen enough of him against us and against the mentally challengeds last season to know that he’s still capable of performing at this level.

I’d say he’s exactly the type of snarling player we could be doing with in our team. In refs faces, in opposition faces.

I get your point but surely there's a younger, much fitter better version out there? In our time of need when we were on our knees he showed just how much of a Rangers man he was by sticking the knife in and twisting it.

Disaster for Hearts which is compounded by the current COVID-19 predicament.

Has there been a bigger and quicker fall from grace than that of Ann Budge? She was treated as a deity by the Scottish football media during the 2014-15 season. Appointment of Cathro and sticking by Levein for to long have been their downfall IMO.

Back