Levein suggests that Gers and scum give up European money and install VAR for everyone

And he reckons the Old Firm could help pay for the system's implementation through the money they make from the Europa League.

He said: "I read recently that Ajax gave up their European money to take up the plastic pitches and put down grass pitches for the rest of the clubs in the league

"Maybe the Old Firm will give up their European money to put VAR in for everybody."
What do Rangers get in return?

If the diddy club fans had supported 'sell out saturday' like they all promised, they could all probably afford VAR and real pitches.
But they didn't, it was all just hot pish talk.

And now they want us to bail them out?

Why should we foot the bill?

If they want us and them to start paying for everything, then take away the rests voting power.

Otherwise, they can shut up

Because we as a club can only improve and grow if Scottish football builds and grows. At some point there has to be a levelling of the playing field to encourage competition. Without it we are stuck on a glass ceiling of shite competition in the country.

In my lifetime (38) 4 teams have won the league. In my football supporting life (10+) it is just two. It’s an utter joke and ad much as I want to win all the time only real and true competition can encourage growth of the league and therefore our club.

It should have also been written into the new TV deal as a prerequisite that whatever TV company successfully won the bid then the cost of implementing VAR would be included as part of any successful deal.

Ffs mate that would require a person with competence and foresight

What do Rangers get in return?

As close as we can to correct decisions in every match we play from that point on.

I wouldl be happy for Rangers (and i suppose "them") to fork out to pay for VAR to be installed in our own stadium. At least then in just over half of our games we will get fair(ish) decisions. If Sky/BT pick up the slack on the away games we are involved in almost every game we and the other mob play in will be covered by VAR.

And he reckons the Old Firm could help pay for the system's implementation through the money they make from the Europa League.

He said: "I read recently that Ajax gave up their European money to take up the plastic pitches and put down grass pitches for the rest of the clubs in the league

"Maybe the Old Firm will give up their European money to put VAR in for everybody."
2ed115j.jpg

Because we as a club can only improve and grow if Scottish football builds and grows. At some point there has to be a levelling of the playing field to encourage competition. Without it we are stuck on a glass ceiling of shite competition in the country.

In my lifetime (38) 4 teams have won the league. In my football supporting life (10+) it is just two. It’s an utter joke and ad much as I want to win all the time only real and true competition can encourage growth of the league and therefore our club.

I agree ... and that is why when the tosspots in this bitter little footballing backwater were tripping over themselves to f**k us over, I was in favour of leaving the league, even if it meant years in the English lower leagues to re-build. We should have bust our asses to leave them in their own bile ridden faeces.

If I was Santa Clause, I spend the whole of Christmas eve shitting down their chimneys.

I get the sentiment, but where does it stop?

Plastic pitches are a far bigger issue than VAR (imo) so should we pick-up the bill for that as well.

As has been said previously we have just signed a much heralded new TV deal, if we are serious about VAR then that is where these discussions should have taken place.

£300k per club to install the system is what H & H quoted the other day. I wouldn't be totally against the idea if we were in a better position financially.

I'd rather get rid of the plastic pitches first though.
We took 13k fans to a Hearts home fixture last season. They can use the money from that to pay their share

They just wasted millions replacing their main stand with an 80’s office block. Surely that cash could have been out towards VAR instead?

He seems to forget that we played them at there shithole last Sunday so if he's that annoyed maybe they should instal VAR, idiot.

So we complain and complain about refereeing decisions all season long and then if the chance presents itself for us to put money in to help improve the standard of officiating we turn around and go no?

Flawed logic imo.
Not really, here's a different scenario, why don't all the clubs forego all the TV money, and use that to pay for VAR. After all it will benefit all the other teams and not us.
As all the referees in this country are biased towards Rangers.
That is according to clubs like Hearts and their ilk.

It should have also been written into the new TV deal as a prerequisite that whatever TV company successfully won the bid then the cost of implementing VAR would be included as part of any successful deal.
Which would have just reduced the amount of money directly going to the clubs.

So you basically want to start playing handicaps with Football like horse racing?

Utter nonsense.

We earn what we earn because of our fanbase, we should never be subsidising these small clubs and that is what you are suggesting

Last edited:
We shouldn’t invest a penny in Scottish football ever again, look after ourselves and do no clubs or the scum at SFA any favours.

Kicked into the 3rd Division because they didn't need us, then pay for VAR for all these scumbag clubs. Hahaha good one Avril.

VAR is already in place,just use the existing tv deal with Sky BT or whoever and use their cameras for a re-run of an incident like they do when you're watching the game on tv and have an official of some sort sitting in a studio to look at it and give a decision,job done and no need for many more millions to be pumped in for fck all.

£300k per club to install the system is what H & H quoted the other day. I wouldn't be totally against the idea if we were in a better position financially.

I'd rather get rid of the plastic pitches first though.

Not disagreeing with H and H, but how the fuck is a few cameras, 2 walkie talkies and a telly costing £300k???

You're entirely correct and whilst Levein is just trolling it's still a train of thought that other FA's have utilised to improve their game long term.

The problem we have here is everyone fucking despises each other and self interest and short term thinking is the game so our game will remain stagnant and declining for the forseeable until EVERY Club is able to sit round a table and do what's best for the supporters and the future.

I agreed very strongly with these sentiments pre 2012 and often argued for a bit of wealth distribution.

Since 2012? Taking a single penny from Rangers to give it to a club who did not just quietly want us dead but who actually campaigned and voted for the harshest possible punishment at every turn (take your pick of who that may be) would make me feel physically sick. There is genuinely no real place for us within Scottish football now, we are reviled by everyone. Our only sensible course of action is to fuck everyone else, get to the top and do whatever it takes to stay there.

Not one single club was worried enough about 'Scottish football' to be able to see past their hatred in 2012 and now, less than a fucking decade on, we should be helping to fund these teams? I would rather eat my own shit to be honest.

I agreed very strongly with these sentiments pre 2012 and often argued for a bit of wealth distribution.

Since 2012? Taking a single penny from Rangers to give it to a club who did not just quietly want us dead but who actually campaigned and voted for the harshest possible punishment at every turn (take your pick of who that may be) would make me feel physically sick. There is genuinely no real place for us within Scottish football now, we are reviled by everyone. Our only sensible course of action is to fuck everyone else, get to the top and do whatever it takes to stay there.

Not one single club was worried enough about 'Scottish football' to be able to see past their hatred in 2012 and now, less than a fucking decade on, we should be helping to fund these teams? I would rather eat my own shit to be honest.
Bang on NL.

There is no ...........'in this together'............in Scottish football.
How can there be?
The rest used every off-field trick in the book to reduce our financial power to diminish our financial status to cripple our earning power and to see our playing assets stripped out of Ibrox whilst throwing us down to the lowest levels of the Scottish senior game.
All with the aspiration to see us dead.

Now that we have recovered and have regained ourselves amidst a self-inflicted impoverishment in the rest of the Scottish game, the bstrds to even suggest that we give them a thin dime is tantamount to sneering at us.
They can fck off, I would rather see the entire Scottish game die than help any of them.
I would rather see Rangers play in another league and I always maintained that throughout our problems.
There is no rhetorical bridge I wouldn't be happy to throw a bomb onto.

How about we purchase a system and lease it to the clubs?

And watch the pygmies go mental when their club is giving money to Rangers

Like Ann Budge would do this if the boot was on the other foot?

You really need to calm down Avril…or you will end up back in hospital …this time in a padded cell!

Back