Levein suggests that Gers and scum give up European money and install VAR for everyone

Bonnyloyal

And he reckons the Old Firm could help pay for the system's implementation through the money they make from the Europa League.

He said: "I read recently that Ajax gave up their European money to take up the plastic pitches and put down grass pitches for the rest of the clubs in the league

"Maybe the Old Firm will give up their European money to put VAR in for everybody."

He’s obviously at the wind up, all joke on the side though, would Hearts give up money they made if they qualified for Europe?

If we were in a better position financially then I wouldn't be against it tbh.

However as it stands we've still got quite a bit of work to do to get our own house in order in many areas of the club in order to get to where we want/need to be and of course, Rangers always come first.

Aye bit of a difference between PSV and Ajax who'll make at least £80m in CL money between them this season, and us and them in the EL who will make £20m between us if we are lucky

He's taking the piss. Has to be :D
The way he's acting, he reeks of piss. We aren't a fecking charity to other teams. Hearts should be a bigger club than they are. I get his irony but wtf with the put upon attitude from Levein?!

And he reckons the Old Firm could help pay for the system's implementation through the money they make from the Europa League.

He said: "I read recently that Ajax gave up their European money to take up the plastic pitches and put down grass pitches for the rest of the clubs in the league

"Maybe the Old Firm will give up their European money to put VAR in for everybody."

How can we? We're skint.

If we were in a better position financially then I wouldn't be against it tbh.

However as it stands we've still got quite a bit of work to do to get our own house in order in many areas of the club in order to get to where we want/need to be and of course, Rangers always come first.
We’re not a Charity.

We might keep other clubs afloat with ticket sales but to suggest we could help out here if circumstances were different is naive at best.

We’ve got a care of duty to our own shareholders. That doesn’t mean doing the work other clubs should be doing themselves and financially supporting them.

We’re not a Charity.

We might keep other clubs afloat with ticket sales but to suggest we could help out here if circumstances were different is naive at best.

We’ve got a care of duty to our own shareholders. That doesn’t mean doing the work other clubs should be doing themselves and financially supporting them.

So we complain and complain about refereeing decisions all season long and then if the chance presents itself for us to put money in to help improve the standard of officiating we turn around and go no?

Flawed logic imo.

Last edited:
It won’t be popular but I agree to an extent. If we want to level the playing field and improve the standard then things like this are required.

I don’t see why Hearts couldn’t chip in. They are the most aggrieved by it and they’re constantly getting the begging bowl out asking the fans for money!

Celtic can pay for it.

They promised the rest of the league a brighter future as long as they voted us down. Up to them to provide it.
Are you kidding? They would want liewell controlling the VAR!!
I would like to see the system implemented for next season, and a percentage from each club to help pay for it.

I'd be happy to give up money if these clubs rent it from us and install grass pitches.

He's always been a half-wit.

The love in for him on here when he was giving some to Beast FC was pathetic.

It was funny to watch him wind up the scum and take points off them, but he was always going to turn his attention to us at some point. Suppose we can't now greet when it's us on the receiving end of his soundbites.

It should have also been written into the new TV deal as a prerequisite that whatever TV company successfully won the bid then the cost of implementing VAR would be included as part of any successful deal.

Too much like a good idea!

Avril could be onto something. If it was paid would we get returns back in the form of decisions against the hammer thrower teams which would lead to points and points make prizes??

He could have suggested this when Celtic were raking in the CL money with no one else getting a look in. Why wait till now?

Did he mention the Alfredo sending off? Maybe he's a wee bit sheepish now having contributed to the demands for him to be punished.

It won’t be popular but I agree to an extent. If we want to level the playing field and improve the standard then things like this are required.

Why should we foot the bill?

If they want us and them to start paying for everything, then take away the rests voting power.

Otherwise, they can shut up

He’s obviously at the wind up,all joke on the side, would Hearts give up money they made if they qualified for Europe?
Is this some FF in joke that I may have missed in the past or is that what you actually think the saying is?

I’m no’ having you blame the predictive text shite, now.:)

Last edited:
Great idea......after all the help that was given to us as some tried to kill us off we owe them.........absolutely F**k all!!

Clearly on the wind up. Either that or starting to lose his marbles, I’m not 100% sure which. Makes for entertainment though

If clubs give up their plastic pitches.
Yes. Good point. They have no place in the game.

It’s not our fault that these sides cannot fill their grounds. We do our best for them twice a year plus any cup games.

It’s all well and good saying give up the Euro money but we aren’t getting CL levels of cash.

Yes. Good point. They have no place in the game.

It’s not our fault that these sides cannot fill their grounds. We do our best for them twice a year plus any cup games.

It’s all well and good saying give up the Euro money but we aren’t getting CL levels of cash.

It's not ideal, but if we could get VAR and remove plastic pitches then I think it would be worth it - obviously, the pricing couldn't be too prohibitive.

Back