Levein: Walker let down by Rangers

BWO

https://planetradio.co.uk/forth/loc...aig-levein-suggests-jamie-walker-let-rangers/

New Hearts manager Craig Levein has taken a thinly veiled swipe at Rangers over their failed summer pursuit of Jamie Walker.

Hearts rejected several pre-season bids from Rangers for the midfielder and the clubs did not come close to an agreement during transfer deadline-day talks last week.

The 24-year-old has rejected an offer to extend his deal at Tynecastle and could sign a pre-contract at Ibrox in January, but Levein feels the wide player has been let down.

Levein, who moved back into management from his director of football role just before the transfer window shut, said: ``I don't want to go into too much detail but if I was Jamie I'd be a little bit disappointed that a lot of the promises that were made to him weren't kept. And not from our club.''

Walker was left out of match-day squads by both Ian Cathro and caretaker boss Jon Daly amid a perceived lack of focus, before returning to the team ahead of the international break.

But Levein has not felt the need to talk to Walker about his situation since the deadline passed.

``I have just been watching training and he has been excellent,'' the former Scotland boss said ahead of his return to the dugout against Aberdeen.

``I haven't had a conversation with him. He has trained fantastically well since the beginning of the week.

``For me, Jamie Walker is another player. If he does work on the training ground, he will play.'

Two minutes back at the manager's desk and Levein doing what he does best...taking pot shots at us.

Memo to Greeting Face - He's your player. We can 'promise' him nothing. And if we have then we've broken the rules.

So report us. But you won't will you ? Because you are at it.

He doesn't do irony does he. Walker has been let down by hearts in this situation, forcing him to stay when he clearly wants to go. Interesting that he says he hasn't felt the need to speak to walker about it......you're his manager ffs, also the dof (i think thats what his other/previous job is/was) and you haven't even felt the need to discuss it with the guy?

....and he says we let him down??

If Hearts had valued Walker reasonably then he would be a Rangers player now.

There's no way anyone should be paying ÂŁ1M for an uncapped Scottish player from the Scottish Premiership who only has a year left on his deal.

Do a pre-contract deal as soon as we can and he can join our squad for next season and Hearts get nothing or a small compensation payment.

No surprise Levein is trying to deflect attention from Hearts role in all this.

Ultimately they are left with a player whose value is vastly reduced. This is their fault as they shouldn't have let it get to this position.

How does he figure Walker was let down by Rangers? The 1million asking price was crazy for a player in last year of his contract. The guys a fannie

So because we refused to be held to ransom, it's our fault?

Awwww poor Levein.

He's just trying to shite stir and thinks he can stop walker signing a pre contract with us in December by blaming us for no deal being done.

More digs. Bottom line is we opted to not pay over the odds. Hopefully he will be on a pre-contract come January 1st that will really pee CL off. And then we can offer them 50k as he will useless to them.

what exactly were we promising him if Hertz hadn't even accepted a fee.

I thought I remember reading before the flit that the clubs had actually agreed on a fee, but the stumbling block was the makewights.

Hearts wanted Danny Wilson back, we said no, so the deal collapsed.

I'd be surprised if it's as simple as us promising the player we'd sign him then going back on our word.

Not ITK but I'd heard Rangers were very surprised the deal did not go through on the final day and that Hearts would rather lose him for nothing than sell him to us now. Levein knows that and Walker knows that.

Let down? Just because we won't give them what they want. He has a year left on his deal and we offered them a reasonable offer.

Nothing to see here. Great business from Rangers though. Hopefully they set a precedent with this and the days of paying SPL clubs over inflated fees is in the past.

Reactions: TQ3
Two minutes back at the manager's desk and Levein doing what he does best...taking pot shots at us.

Memo to Greeting Face - He's your player. We can 'promise' him nothing. And if we have then we've broken the rules.

So report us. But you won't will you ? Because you are at it.

precisely, Levein is a nutter

Ridiculous.
Hearts wanted more than we were willing to pay for a player in the last year of his contract.
They rejected our offer.
Don't really see the need for him to comment apart from the fact that he's a knob.

Simply not a ÂŁ1m player with less than a year left on his contract.

Hearts over valued him, which they are entitled to do.

We wouldn't bend over, which we are entitled to do.

Blame Rangers. It's the Scottish way.

Will it be broken promises when Jamie does end up at Rangers ? Dont think so u clown. Take the REALISTIC offer u get in January or loose him for nothing in the summer. STUBBORNESS is you and your clubs trademark .

He knows they've made a bollocks of it and it will cost them a lot of money, so he's trying to shift the blame. Nothing new in that.

Thats bollocks! It's Hearts who have let him down for totally overvaluing the player with less than a year on his contract. They priced him out of his move.
This exactly, but it's easier to blame the big bad Rangers. Hopefully Walker has got enough brains not to believe Leveins shit

Back