Levein: Walker let down by Rangers

In what way did we let him down? Our value differed from yours now we'll take him for nowt or relative pennies in January ya spekky prick.

Can't see how Levein can blame anyone else than himself/Hearts.
Hope we do manage to sign Walker either in January or on are-contract in January. Between now and then I'm sure there will be a few people trying to influence Walker's decision and of course there could well be an English club making him an attractive offer if his form impresses over the next 3 months.

Our stance might prove to be a good investment. Other teams will note that we won't be pushed into paying over the odds, and will delay signing to get on a Bosman if the player is keen to sign for us.
It would be great to get Walker and McLean in this way.

What a crazy thing to say. Why wouldn't any manager just say they're happy to keep one of their best players?

I fucking detest Levein he's an absolute lady's front bottom as for Hearts there another Club in a long list where there hatred of all things Rangers is affecting them badly.

So now they are stuck with an unhappy player who can sign an agreement in January and leave for nothing next summer, yeah we let him down Craig

4-6-0 against a Czech team in decline. Says it all about the man and his mentality.

Good to see he is back to his Rangers hating best, never forget his antics when we played his mob the year of the Uefa cup run saying his team were never gonna be allowed to beat us. Anyone who can play a 4-6-0 formation is a knob.

At the tail end of last season when we played Hearts at Ibrox, I spoke to one of their fans in the subway. He had concerns about Cathro but was more concerned about Levein's negative influence.

Let's see how long Mr Levein lasts in post!

I'm delighted we haven't given and probably won't give them a penny before we take their best player.

We are hardly going to be held to random when we know in 6 months time we can agree a deal and get him for zilch next summer.

We were/are in the position of power here in this deal. If they want to offload him in January for peanuts then we may listen.

All he is trying to do is Make rangers look like the bad guys so

A) it puts walker off signing a pre-contract with us
B) gets the hearts fans off his back and turn their hatred to rangers.

Why do you think that... I'm not being argumentative just curious...

Just because i know a bit about the deal offered by rangers,and the player thought rangers were going to get the deal done before the window shut,why did he think that?

Ive maybe been misunderstood slightly or maybe not put my point across as well as I could have,My point is basically that the deal not going through isn't just down to hearts

This bellend totally priced Walker out of a move.Why should we pay over the odds for a player in his final year of contract? I hope he signs then gives the prick both barrels

Two clubs with different valuations for a player and they can't reach an agreement, that's basically the story here. Quite why this muppet feels the need to go public and point the finger is beyond me.

Some poor attempt to put Walker off signing a pre-contract with us?.

Just because i know a bit about the deal offered by rangers,and the player thought rangers were going to get the deal done before the window shut,why did he think that?

Ive maybe been misunderstood slightly or maybe not put my point across as well as I could have,My point is basically that the deal not going through isn't just down to hearts
OK fair enough but you appeared to suggest you felt Rangers were partly to blame, as you know more about the deal than me fair enough also, however I think we done exactly the right thing as the days of us overpaying/held to ransom are over.

Hearts wont be happy as the asking price was not met, I don't have a problem waiting until his contract runs out. In my opinion it would have been a bad business move. Yes the asking price was only circa 1 million but as a business why would you pay that to buy someone out of a contract who may not improve the squad in the short term, that's a gamble that's unnecessary to take.

For as much as I rate Walker as a player, he's been hot and cold and the asking price to me would look as if we are panicking, were trying to steer away from recklessness.

Happy to see Windass, Candeias, Nemane, Pena, DJ etc fight for a place then re assess in the January window, if its right then sign walker and use the money spared to get another CB to challenge Alves and Cardoso.

The Walker situation is a result of his own stubbornness in holding out for seven figures.

Can't really stand the guy. Comes across as some sort of authority figure when he's achieved nothing in the game.

OK fair enough but you appeared to suggest you felt Rangers were partly to blame, as you know more about the deal than me fair enough also, however I think we done exactly the right thing as the days of us overpaying/held to ransom are over.

I'm just not very good with words,it wasn't a case of us being held to ransom it was more a case we never got close to anything being accepted and we wanted to pay in instalments

The selling club has the final say in any deal. They set the price they are willing to accept. If it did not happen it will be because Hertz wanted more than Rangers were offering. This game of buying and selling has been about for some time now and as bizarre as it sounds the rules have never changed.

I'm just not very good with words,it wasn't a case of us being held to ransom it was more a case we never got close to anything being accepted and we wanted to pay in instalments
Yes we did we got close to the figure we think should be accepted... It's not about hearts its about us I care.

Jamie Walker,Kenny McLean and Scott Bain all on pre-contracts would be fantastic business for us for next season.
And should free up transfer funds for a couple of quality additions to the squad.

Two clubs that cannot agree a fee! It happens all the time.

How he can blame us is beyond belief

Hearts had more too lose and it will cost them now

Translated.... when those Orange B**tards offer us 100k in January, please tell them to go away Jamie.

Walker will a sign a precontract in January and probably get a better deal than if we had paid 1 million.

The only people feeling the pain are Herts.

Hence the statment.

He's just trying to shite stir and thinks he can stop walker signing a pre contract with us in December by blaming us for no deal being done.

If walker's got half a brain in his head he'll see this shit for what it is and be more determined to sign in January....if he hasn't then he's not worth signing.

Back