Levein Walks Out Presser After Soutar Question

#Hearts boss Craig Levein when asked about #Rangers’ reported interest in John Souttar this morning: “I’m not sure John would want to go there to be honest...”

At which point he then got up and left the press conference!
Hmm why would soutter want to join rangers what about increased wages better chance of a title, European football, playing in front of 50,000 every other week and better training facilities

Obviously bates as they signed him they would have looked around not just jumped in at the first option.
Bates was free. They spent £1.5m in total last year after being relegated. They couldn’t afford Souttar.

He is far and away the better player.

I am not a massive fan of Souttar dont get me wrong have seen him have some good games but i just dont think he is aggressive enough and lacks real pace and athleticism reminds me of Danny Wilson.

Was Souttar out of contract at the same time as Bates?
Did Souttar reject Hamburg?
What will Friday’s Euromillions numbers be?

You seem unable to accept others opinion, I'm happy enough with your opinion.

Soutar is average Bates obviously had something the scouts of Hamburg wanted we do seem to belittle our own player on here.

Bates was free. They spent £1.5m in total last year after being relegated. They couldn’t afford Souttar.

He is far and away the better player.

That's in your opinion I disagree no point judging a Hearts player in a Rangers context he possibly could not handle the pressure at our club Bates could.

What a bizarre response. Why not just give an evasive answer and move on like umpteen managers do every week in these situations.

It's incredible to watch how sensitive Scottish clubs have become in relation to Rangers these days. The same doesn't apply to Celtic.

Maybe there was also a bit of
why aren't they asking about the scottish cup as well
as general stuff about the upcoming game.
The press are pains for going on about the less important stuff.

Soapy_Joe.png

Soutar is average Bates obviously had something the scouts of Hamburg wanted we do seem to belittle our own player on here.
You’ve just posted you haven’t seen a lot of Souttar.
Just happens that I have.
(A number of Hearts fans in my group)
Before that though, I thought he was helluva good at the arabs and paid a wee bit of attention to him whenever I could.
I continued this when he, surprisingly to me, went to Hearts.
I do this with a number of youngsters at Scottish clubs, Cochrane being another, for what it’s worth.
Granted, it’s only on tv with the limited views you get but, it’s more than most do.
That’s why I question opinion.

You’ve just posted you haven’t seen a lot of Souttar.
Just happens that I have.
(A number of Hearts fans in my group)
Before that though, I thought he was helluva good at the arabs and paid a wee bit of attention to him whenever I could.
I continued this when he, surprisingly to me, went to Hearts.
I do this with a number of youngsters at Scottish clubs, Cochrane being another, for what it’s worth.
Granted, it’s only on tv with the limited views you get but, it’s more than most do.
That’s why I question opinion.

Fair enough I'm happy you think he's good enough watching him I think he's very average and will not improve us.

Soutar an average player we let a better player than him Bates leave.

Please tell me ur joking,:another couple of yrs.in Germany, and maybe then u can say that.
He's still a big raw laddie, trying to improve himself, and good luck to the kid.

McKenna is a better defender. Souttar is a better footballer, more comfortable on the ball, better range of passing.

I'd take Katič over both.

McKenna is an up and at them type of no nonsense defender, that plays in the same style as yesterday years.But lacks guile and class.i wouldn't pay the kind of money that his club would be asking for him.omo.

I'm hoping our latest Scottish interests and acquisitions will be on the periphery and we sign some experienced quality during the summer.

This is what is required.

Some amount of shite in this thread and the other one. Souttar is a fantastic young player and only behind Ajer in terms of the best centre backs in the league.

Please tell me ur joking,:another couple of yrs.in Germany, and maybe then u can say that.
He's still a big raw laddie, trying to improve himself, and good luck to the kid.

Why would I be joking I do not see the clamor for a Hearts defender who part of a defence regularly pumped by us.
I watched Bates he was able to handle it at us Souttar is an unknown.

Forgive me for not giving much weight to the opinions of the scouts of a second tier German side who have spent the recent years dodging relegation. It doesn't look like they're doing a very good job.

Serious question here, why is it that even a club like Hearts, tends to show far more animosity when Rangers look at one of their players as opposed to the filth?

Now I don’t expect them to drop their kegs and say “aye geez a quid and you can have all or top talents” the way Hibs and Dundee Hibs have done for Celtic over the years, but at the very least you’d have to question why they are so unbelievably offended at the idea of us looking at any of their players.

Serious question here, why is it that even a club like Hearts, tends to show far more animosity when Rangers look at one of their players as opposed to the filth?

Now I don’t expect them to drop their kegs and say “aye geez a quid and you can have all or top talents” the way Hibs and Dundee Hibs have done for Celtic over the years, but at the very least you’d have to question why they are so unbelievably offended at the idea of us looking at any of their players.
It’s bizarre ,anytime we bid for any player from a Scottish team it’s classed as derisory and we are deliberately trying to unsettle the player.

Agree, they should see it as a compliment.

It’s bizarre ,anytime we bid for any player from a Scottish team it’s classed as derisory and we are deliberately trying to unsettle the player.

Full articles in the paper from the likes of Boyd on how disrespectful we are for not offering over the odds for mediocrity. When in actual fact we do, we paid Hearts a million for Lafferty, they should be grateful because it’s about £750k more than he was actually worth.

I don’t see clubs down south behaving this way when one of the big clubs comes calling. This is just a right strange, hate filled little league where clubs really do have a substantial chip on the shoulder.

Full articles in the paper from the likes of Boyd on how disrespectful we are for not offering over the odds for mediocrity. When in actual fact we do, we paid Hearts a million for Lafferty, they should be grateful because it’s about £750k more than he was actually worth.

I don’t see clubs down south behaving this way when one of the big clubs comes calling. This is just a right strange, hate filled little league where clubs really do have a substantial chip on the shoulder.

We should leave them to it and let them sell their best players to the scum and look for better value elsewhere.

Back