Levein Walks Out Presser After Soutar Question

Everything is telling me Abort! with this one.

You can just tell already Hearts are going to demand far more than he's worth and act like wee lassies throughout.

John Souttar is not good enough to merit a summer long transfer saga.

What I'm taking from that press conference is that Levein has been told we are signing him and he's not happy. Which would be nice

Serious question here, why is it that even a club like Hearts, tends to show far more animosity when Rangers look at one of their players as opposed to the filth?

Now I don’t expect them to drop their kegs and say “aye geez a quid and you can have all or top talents” the way Hibs and Dundee Hibs have done for Celtic over the years, but at the very least you’d have to question why they are so unbelievably offended at the idea of us looking at any of their players.

I remember journalists asking about the 'morality' of us trying to sign Scott Allan when he was at Hibs and we were both in the Championship.

I mean 'morality' FFS.

This is just a right strange, hate filled little league where clubs really do have a substantial chip on the shoulder.

Only when Rangers are involved.

Celtic can sign Armstrong and Mackay Steven from Dundee Utd a month before they play them in a Cup Final and everyone is seemingly cool with this.

We show interest in a player and it's disrespectful, derisory, unsettling, immoral, arrogant, triumphalist and is met with an attitude of disgust, fury, disbelief and how dare they.

Weird wee diddy clubs.

250nfcm.gif

Serious question here, why is it that even a club like Hearts, tends to show far more animosity when Rangers look at one of their players as opposed to the filth?

Now I don’t expect them to drop their kegs and say “aye geez a quid and you can have all or top talents” the way Hibs and Dundee Hibs have done for Celtic over the years, but at the very least you’d have to question why they are so unbelievably offended at the idea of us looking at any of their players.
Who was last Hearts player to sign for Celtic ? Apart from DUFC, every clubs gets the best price for their player when the bheasts sign him (apart from the Allan transfer when Hibs, quite rightly imho, refused to sell him as it would make it easier for us to win the league)

Obviously in the minority but not sure that Levein’s response/reaction merits criticism. If Gerrard had responded in a similar way, following a question about one of our players, suspect that some of us would be quite pleased.

Obviously in the minority but not sure that Levein’s response/reaction merits criticism. If Gerrard had responded in a similar way, following a question about one of our players, suspect that some of us would be quite pleased.
Think it's more the behaviour of any club in Scotland when we are trying to deal with them .

It always ends up in bitter embroilment that goes way beyond the normal disappointment of losing a player.

Think it's more the behaviour of any club in Scotland when we are trying to deal with them .

It always ends up in bitter embroilment that goes way beyond the normal disappointment of losing a player.

Doesn't make sense at all they bite the hand that feeds them all the time unless its the scum who they seem to always say we could not stop his progress in the game.

Can it please be the Summer already so we can get to talking about real transfer news and not circling the same 3 names for the next month.

Gerrard's been asked plenty times about bids for Alfie, Tav etc. and has always responded professionally.

He's not bitter like most others in Scottish football.

Did Craig Levein ever come close to joining Rangers? I thought I heard that once.
Supposedly Jock Wallace went to the Rangers board and asked to sign 3 players to turn around the team in his last stint as manager and was turned down .Levein, Durie and Bomber Brown. Not a bad 3

To be honest I can see the way this will go over the summer.

We’ll make a £1.5-2 million bid which Hearts will turn down then they’ll go running to the rags about derisory bids & players being unsettled blah blah and the mHedia will paint Rangers as the bad guys.

It’s a complete waste of time trying to sign players directly from premiership clubs these days they won’t sell to us unless we pay over the odds.

We’ll make a £1.5-2 million bid which Hearts will turn down then they’ll go running to the rags about derisory bids & players being unsettled blah blah and the mHedia will paint Rangers as the bad guys.

It’s a complete waste of time trying to sign players directly from premiership clubs these days they won’t sell to us unless we pay over the odds.

Yes, I agree a waste of time allowing the media to bad mouth us more knowing the board will not speak up for us.

I think a lot of it is down to the confusion over transfer fees. Literally nobody knows what anyone is worth anymore because there have been some ludicrous transfer fees down south. Imo we see the same on this board with our players at times. But Scottish clubs appear loathe to sell to us without first seeing what an English club might pay so that they can be certain they aren't undervaluing him, not dissimilar to the McGinn situation last summer (AVs offer reportedly got them an extra 750k).

Reading between the lines, he was born in Aberdeen and played for Dundee Utd for a while makes me think he is probably a Rangers hating scumbag and Levein knows it.

I think a lot of it is down to the confusion over transfer fees. Literally nobody knows what anyone is worth anymore because there have been some ludicrous transfer fees down south. Imo we see the same on this board with our players at times. But Scottish clubs appear loathe to sell to us without first seeing what an English club might pay so that they can be certain they aren't undervaluing him.

Yeah that’s partly the case but it’s also down to the hatred of Rangers that a large percentage of fans of other Scottish teams have as well.

Jones at Kilmarnock was a prime example had he signed a pre contract with anyone else bar Rangers very little would have been mentioned by the Kilmarnock support but because it was us the lad got a lot of abuse about it online.

Personally I just think it’s a waste of time going for players directly from other SPFL clubs now as they won’t sell unless they take us for a ride in the valuation and the mHedia will be ready to put the boot in when we don’t pay the stupid fees being asked of us.

I would be amazed if Souttar is anywhere near Rangers next season for the above reasons.

Gerrard's been asked plenty times about bids for Alfie, Tav etc. and has always responded professionally.

He's not bitter like most others in Scottish football.
I just said that I thought that some would be quite pleased if Gerrard had acted in the same way as Levein. Never suggested that our manager has ever acted unprofessionally. If you disagree with my opinion on this issue, that’s fine as it is differing views that adds to the success of the forum.

Just a few things.

Why would john want to go there:

1. Because he is a bear
2. He will earn more money.
3. He will play in a better team.
4. He will play in Europe.
5. He will challenge for silverwear.
6. We are a massive club.

Now ask me why he would want to stay and I can't think of one single reason.

Levein knows if an offer deemed good enough by Budge comes in that they will sell.

£1.5m would be logical business. I think we'll sign him. Have talks not already started anyway?
You really think Hearts will sell arguably their best player, who is on a long term deal, to us for £1.5m? Behave.

Just a few things.

1. Because he is a bear

Cos he’s under contract.

Just a few things.

1. Because he is a bear

You're forgetting he's under contract and will cost the thick end of £4m.

Some amount of shite in this thread and the other one. Souttar is a fantastic young player and only behind Ajer in terms of the best centre backs in the league.

Not the Souttar I’ve seen playing against us. Granted, it’s really only been against us I have seen him play, so he may be a lot better than I think. Agree on Ajer - great defender for me

Quite like Craig Levein tbh. Well the new version that appears to hate the mentally challengeds anyway.

Wish him all the best in the cup final....

Yep.:D:D:D:D

A manager that’s genuinely honest and doesn’t give a fuuck who he’s talking (or not in this case) about.

Everyone laps it up on here - except tonight.:eek::eek::eek:

They will say they want the 6 million that Aberdeen want for McKenna.
I can't see this ending in us signing the player.

Craigie, I've telt ye plenty o times,
When asked aboot Soutar, please respond in rhyme,

Jings, crivens and help ma boab,
Managing Hertz is an awfy hard job,

Any one know where this £1.5 - £2m figure is coming from??
I would have thought they’d be looking for a LOT more than that, no?

Whatever farsical fee we'd pay for Soutar would be much better.off in a decent Bosman's pocket if you ask me.
I don't want us giving Hearts a penny.

Reactions: cav
Sadly, yes. Statistically miles infront of anyone else.
I'd grudgingly agree with this,amongst utter dug shite defensively for them he is an absolute standout and still young as well.
I'd go as far to say he will probably be the next player they sell for good money,hopefully when they fail to get into the CL group stages next up though-because they'll be far weaker without him at least for us to really go at them domestically.

Back