Leverkusen away - travel info

Plenty of opportunities to pick up gifts to appease them at home. Big haribo shop in Bonn and the lindt factory in koln

7am Manchester to Dusseldorf wed back 17.35 Dusseldorf to Birmingham on the Friday all for £110 and it's bobally's turn to pay the hotel so a nice cheap trip

There's a fast train that takes 55 mins mate.

We've booked that.
ICE trains they're usually called,and are excellent quality and surprisingly well priced due to the German government subsidising transport over there.

We could learn a few things tbh.

We're going from Manchester(picking my two mates up in Lockerbie and Yorkshire on the way) to Dusseldorf Thursday morning early flight.
Back on Saturday morning to Birmingham from same airport then jump on the train to Manchester and do the drop offs again.

I'm about to book digs,thinking Cologne Thursday night(morning by the time we get to them) and Dusseldorf Friday night as it's an early flight home on the Sat.

Been to Dusseldorf last year,cracking city but will be first time in Cologne- my uncle still goes on about the time he went there to watch us in the eighties,with some of the Germans he met over here for the return leg.They partied for three days straight in Larkhall iirc. :))

Fwiw cost us £104 for both flights although when I tried to book them originally was fifty odd- Ryanair and the likes are scammers when the demand is high.

Glasgow to Stansted Stansted to Cologne Wed , Cologne to Bristol Bristol to Glasgow Fri all in was £105 just need to sort hotel now

ICE trains they're usually called,and are excellent quality and surprisingly well priced due to the German government subsidising transport over there.

We're going from Manchester(picking my two mates up in Lockerbie and Yorkshire on the way) to Dusseldorf Thursday morning early flight.
Back on Saturday morning to Birmingham from same airport then jump on the train to Manchester and do the drop offs again.

I'm about to book digs,thinking Cologne Thursday night(morning by the time we get to them) and Dusseldorf Friday night as it's an early flight home on the Sat.

Been to Dusseldorf last year,cracking city but will be first time in Cologne- my uncle still goes on about the time he went there to watch us in the eighties,with some of the Germans he met over here for the return leg.They partied for three days straight in Larkhall iirc. :))

If you book now you will get at least Sparpreis (Smat Price) or maybe even Super Sparpreis (which is cheaper), but they are train specific, so if you miss the train, you can not use it on a later train.

Also worth looking for lander(region) tickets, these are great value for groups of 2-5, as the price starts at 24 Euros, then 6 euros for each passenger. Just remember to put names of other travellers on ticket. Can be bought online or via app, which is always cheaper than buying at booking office, ticket machine price is same as online. Depending on where you are travelling from, you might need a Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket (Cross country ticket).

Reactions: cav
If you book now you will get at least Sparpreis (Smat Price) or maybe even Super Sparpreis (which is cheaper), but they are train specific, so if you miss the train, you can not use it on a later train.

Also worth looking for lander(region) tickets, these are great value for groups of 2-5, as the price starts at 24 Euros, then 6 euros for each passenger. Just remember to put names of other travellers on ticket. Can be bought online or via app, which is always cheaper than buying at booking office, ticket machine price is same as online. Depending on where you are travelling from, you might need a Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket (Cross country ticket).

You seem as if you know, where would be best to price up from Brussels to Cologne day of the game then Cologne to Amsterdam on the Friday morning?

Some of the offers are incredible,I was going to book it myself last time but my German is honking so used customer service desk at Dusseldorf Airport and Haubtbanhoff(sp) and they were both fantastic.
Guy at the latter printed off a letter stating our match ticket for Schalke covered us for transport from Dusseldorf all the way there and back(I had been told previously it wouldn't due to the distance and change of zones I think?)
Just happy to help these people,great experience.

Fwiw cost us £104 for both flights although when I tried to book them originally was fifty odd- Ryanair and the likes are scammers when the demand is high.

That's still a decent deal mate.

My old man and a few of his mates were at Cologne in 1979 (1-0 defeat) and 1982 (5-0 pumping).

They're still going strong (kind of :))) and are all heading over with us to Germany yet again @cav.

Reactions: cav
Some of the offers are incredible,I was going to book it myself last time but my German is honking so used customer service desk at Dusseldorf Airport and Haubtbanhoff(sp) and they were both fantastic.
Guy at the latter printed off a letter stating our match ticket for Schalke covered us for transport from Dusseldorf all the way there and back(I had been told previously it wouldn't due to the distance and change of zones I think?)
Just happy to help these people,great experience.

Once you get confident with the public transport over there it’s addictive as hell mate, just go around watching matches when there me - always know if I do get stuck they will help me out anyway.

That's still a decent deal mate.

My old man and a few of his mates were at Cologne in 1979 (1-0 defeat) and 1982 (5-0 pumping).

They're still going strong (kind of :))) and are all heading over with us to Germany yet again @cav.
It suits us in a weird way as I can pick up the mates on the way,the one in Yorkshire in particular I haven't seen in a while and he's a top lad-I mean he's mental,but in the best way!

Glasgow - Amsterdam, train Düsseldorf on tues , home Friday
%^*& know how getting from Düsseldorf to Leverkusen.

I booked via Kiwi.com and they took payment from me and hours later I’ve received an email saying that the flight is sold out and they can only offer me a refund now - prices have just about doubled now so won’t be able to go anymore. Shocking

Aberdeen - Düsseldorf via Manchester.

C unts kicked me out 4 times putting the prices up, still got it for a good price at £137

Glasgow-Bristol-Cologne
Cologne-Gatwick-%^*& Knows

Best getting digs in Cologne I’m guessing.

The £160 includes our train fares too mate, so we've been lucky by getting in sharp.

Was on the Ryanair thieving barstewards site and before pressing the final payment for a flight at £109 went and checked the date wouldn't change - when I went back on the price had doubled! Got booked for £81 at better times with Eurowings

Booked. Birmingham to dusseldorf. Thurs to sunday. 90 quidish. No idea where to book hotels. Cologne dusseldorf or leverkusen where the party at?

Flying out on the Wednesday from birmingham. £80 return and staying at the ibis in dusseldorf, £95 for 2 nights
Glasgow - Amsterdam, train Düsseldorf on tues , home Friday
%^*& know how getting from Düsseldorf to Leverkusen.

15 mins on the train by the looks of it mate

I booked via Kiwi.com and they took payment from me and hours later I’ve received an email saying that the flight is sold out and they can only offer me a refund now - prices have just about doubled now so won’t be able to go anymore. Shocking

I warn people about kiwi on every thread about away games.

Sorry you learned the hard way!

£24 manchester to cologne thursday 8am, dusseldorf to Birmingham sunday 12.45 £60. Theres still loads of Birmingham-dusseldorf options at good prices if you can all make it to Birmingham from scotland and back for cheap.

Luton to Dortmund for me , wed return Friday. I hour on the train to Leverkusen. Worth a check to see if it’s still available.

Back